PDA

View Full Version : Carmageddon 2 is comming

Disney4us2
09-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Not sure if this belongs here or not... feel free to move.

Carmageddon part 2 is comming. The 405 freeway (north/south) will be closed for 56 hours starting late Friday night Sept 28th and re opening in the early am hours of Oct 1st. The closure is between the 10 freeway and the 101 (Ventura) freeway's. This is to finish up taking down a bridge to widen the freeway. They took down half the bridge last time and now to finish up the other half.

Last year it really didn't cause much trouble as far as Disneyland is concerned. Most of the locals just stayed home and avoided driving in that area, Local area hospitals did report a small increase in :baby:births about 9 months later;)

Last time, I did drive down to Disneyland and found no problems. I don't usually take the 405 and didn't see any increase in traffic. Just wanted to give a heads up to any travelers during that time frame

tinkwest
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks Marci. This is the perfect forum for this report.

I remember last time it did seem to be more hype (with gloomy predictions of nightmarish traffic jams) than it actually turned out to be. As you pointed out, I think most people took the day off and stayed home!

Silver_Surfer
09-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Hey guys, I'm ariving at LAX @ around 11:30pm Saturday night. Will this affect me? I heading to Best western Stoval. Looking forward to :mickey::party:

Thank You!:thumbsup:
Steven

tinkwest
09-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, I'm ariving at LAX @ around 11:30pm Saturday night. Will this affect me? I heading to Best western Stoval. Looking forward to :mickey::party:

Thank You!:thumbsup:
Steven

That is quite a bit farther north than the airport, so it shouldn't have much traffic diversion that would affect your travel. Also the time of day is on your side.

Disney4us2
09-24-2012, 10:48 AM
:ditto:

The closure is only between the 10 freeway and the 101 Ventura freeway. Going that way would be going way out of the way.

I am not too familiar with the other freeways but I know the 91 will connect up with the 5 again in the Anaheim area.

DisneyLandMomma
09-24-2012, 11:51 AM
You will be fine the direction you are going. We came home from vacation the Sat of the first Carmegeddon around the same time you're coming in. LOL There was more traffic getting out of LAX than there was on the freeways heading home. If you're driving yourself, you would want to take the 105E to the 605N to the 5S.

Silver_Surfer
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM
:thumbsup:Thanks everybody:mickey::party::secret::cloud9: