PDA

View Full Version : After 41 years - MK no longer a "dry" park - alcohol

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Not sure if anyone has started this thread yet, didn't see one.

I saw a blurb in our local paper over the weekend that said after 41 years of being "dry" that the MK will start serving alcohol with the opening of the Be our Guest restaurant. The article said that the serving of beer and wine was in direct response to customer feedback, although the alcohol will be limited to dinner service only.

It didn't say if BOG was the only location to serve it, or if you could get it at other locations. Based on what wasn't said, I'm kind of assuming this won't be like walking up to Germany and getting a beer and then continue walking the world showcase. I doubt they want people walking the MK with a beer cup in their hand. Wouldn't surprise me if the beer/wine can only be ordered thru a dinner service meal and is only served table side. Just my guess.

No impact for me, even if you could order it to go. I generally find nearly all the beer choices at WDW to be severely lacking in flavor and styles. Would it kill them to have a good EPA or IPA on tap?

Melanie
09-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Yes, we've been discussing this extensively since it was announced down in the News forum. Join us there! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=194646)