PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Question

Nini
09-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Okay, so I think I know what is appropriate here, but would like other opinions...

The town car drops you off at your resort and the bell services guy helps the car driver load your luggage onto the rack thing. You get your ticket, check in, and go up to your room. You call bell services to bring up your luggage.

Do you tip both bell services people? I'm thinking yes, because I think the rule is anyone who handles your bags gets a tip. Or is it customary to only tip on one end of the deal?

How do you usually tip?

Thanks,
Denise :mickey:

retiredfigment
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I'd like the answer to that one too, since we are never in the room when our luggage arrives from ME.

greengeen
09-16-2012, 06:57 PM
I had a bell services employee tell me years ago not to tip when the luggage is pulled out of your vehicle. Tip when your luggage is brought to your room. Hope this helps.

Mickey'sGirl
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
We would tip both times.

faline
09-16-2012, 08:15 PM
We typically tip anyone who touches the luggage (that we know about).

Itchy
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
If it were me, anyone who touched my luggage that I requested to do so would get a tip.

If the luggage comes in from ME and I were there they would get a tip.

If were the town car driver he / she should get a tip according to service.

That is why I walk from MCO to the resort and drag my own luggage..... Just kidding..:blush:

Hope this helps.....:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I tip anyone that touches my bags...lugging all that junk around, they earn it!

DizneyRox
09-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I tip at the end of the service provided.

I tip the car driver when he drops me off at my destination, and bell services when they give to me my luggage.

The only advance 'tip' I can think of is skycaps.

I also don't think ME luggage delivery is a tipped position. Since it can be delivered when you're not there, I'm not sure they expect a tip (if your there or not). Bell Services though will only deliver when you're there, they expect a tip.