PDA

View Full Version : 10 years in the planning Day 5 And now for something completely different!

K8screen
09-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Cast:
Me Totally happy vacationer
DBF Getting used to more new experiences than are probably good for a man of his age ;)

On my plan I had put down TL with a ? for this day, as DBF is not really a water person, but I thought it would give him a chance to relax after the alarms of the previous day, and so it worked out. We had breakfast at Friendly's, then drove to TL, I got us settled then made straight for Shark reef, one of my favourite Disney experiences, always best first thing in the morning when the fish are near the surface. DBF took pictures of me from the underwater viewing gallery. Not the most flattering pictures I have ever had taken, but you cant see my face for the mask, so thats ok :blush:
We had a lesurely ride round in the tubes, I couldnt persuade DBF to go on any of the slides, but he had a nice nap, while I became probably the oldest person that day to do Humunga Kowabunga. I hope I never grow up, and DBF could always pretend I wasnt with him :secret: We had a nice splash about in the wave pool, then headed to Downtown Disney for a browse round the shops and lunch at Earl of Sandwich. Again, portions WAY too big for us but they were so good!!
We also went into Disneyquest, but only cos it was included on our ticket. Years ago when it was first opened I went in with my kids, we werent impressed then, and were even less impressed now. It is the one thing at WDW that I dont think they ever got right, and it seems to have just been left to fall apart. Ok, computer games are not really our thing, but even the young people in there were pretty disappointed with it. I certainly wouldnt recommend anyone to pay to go in.
We the took a bus to the Poly, where we had a drink and a stroll round. I would love to stay there some day, then we took the monorail to the Grand Floridian (WOW!) where we relaxed in the lounge and listened to the piano player.
We headed back to Downtown Disney to collect the car, and rounded off our day with drinks and snacks at our favourite I Drive bar the Brick House. We were now becoming regulars, but it is such a friendly place, and so convenient for us to round off our days and stagger the short distance back to the hotel. (We were staggering cos we are OLD of course, not cos we had had too much of the local beverages!) :thumbsup:

faline
09-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Nice, relaxed day! Haven't been to one of the water parks in quite some time. May have to rectify that in the near future!

Dopey's Girl
09-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day! I haven't ever been to one of the waterparks before. Might have to put that on the to do list.

I'm so happy that your DBF is having a good time!

T-Belle
09-16-2012, 06:14 PM
A nice relaxing day sounds perfect! Especially for a newbie. Sounds like a great day!

SBETigg
09-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Wow, you even did the Humunga Cowabunga! Good for you. Too bad your DBF didn't share your sense of adventure-- but sounds like you both had a wonderful day.

January-2007
09-18-2012, 06:05 PM
We actually love DisneyQuest, as DH is really into retro gaming. DS had a blast there too, we're looking forward to going back.

K8screen
09-19-2012, 03:10 AM
We actually love DisneyQuest, as DH is really into retro gaming. DS had a blast there too, we're looking forward to going back.

I know tastes differ. Its just that so many things didnt seem to be working proprerly. The glasses on the Magic Carpet thing kept falling apart, the paddles didnt work on JUngle Cruise, yes, we did try! Hope you enjoy it again next time though.

DisneyorBust
09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a great day at Typhoon Lagoon! Glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it once again.

Dsnygirl
09-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Wow... what a day!! And the HK!! Impressive - I did it once YEARS ago, and haven't since, although I did enjoy it. Very cool!! So glad you guys had such a nice day - and a very full one! :thumbsup:

Aurora
09-24-2012, 10:30 PM
A very full and wonderful day. I enjoyed going around with you.

Disney built a DisneyQuest in Chicago that was closed several years ago. We went one time. 3D glasses were scratched and dinged up, it was hot, the floor was sticky, and lots of games were broken even then. We never went back, but I was sad for what it could have been. So I understand how you felt!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2012, 01:55 PM
a nice relaxing day:)

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: