PDA

View Full Version : Purchase with Purchase?

DisneyAunt
09-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know if the shops- resorts, parks, Downtown Disney -are still doing the purchase with purchase? You spend X amount of dollars and you can then get your "gift" with purchase?

TinkerbellT421
09-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Are you referring to the spend $50.00 get a blanket for $10.00, etc? When I was there in January they were still doing it. They make a fortune with that stuff I doubt they will ever stop it.

kakn7294
09-16-2012, 12:14 PM
They were still doing this in July as well. Merchandise offered varied with the store. It wasn't as "promoted" as it had been in past years. Not one CM even mentioned the purchase-with-purchase merchandise to us but there were signs posted showing the various offers.

Melanie
09-16-2012, 12:21 PM
The purchase with purchase always seems to be rotating. Different items for different seasons. I'm sure it's still going on.

Pop Centurion
09-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Hope they have the watches when I go in Nov. I've been collecting the different ones the past few years & wear them all the time.

kakn7294
09-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Hope they have the watches when I go in Nov. I've been collecting the different ones the past few years & wear them all the time.They had a watch in July so hopefully they still do. I remember the watch offer in the Emporium in MK but check the different stores if it's not at that one. Good luck!

DisneyAunt
09-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Great. I figured they would but I had not heard anything about it recently. Heading down this year for Thanksgiving. Last time I was there in 2010 they had blankets that ended up being quite the hit at Christmas.

Disneymom4ever
09-16-2012, 05:13 PM
When we were there last month, I noticed a sign at the entrance at the World of Disney store. There was a choice of two items, one being a duffle bag, I believe. Can't remember the other. Wasn't anything I really wanted at the time. I Love the blankets, I always get one of those when offered, usually during the Christmas holidays.

figgie
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I was at DD this morning and saw watches and also a red reversable tote bag being offer. The tote bag was cute. Solid red with a large Mickey icon in crystals on one sid and a small Mickey overall patern in red on the reverse side. Cute.

January-2007
09-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Oh yes, I absolutely adore the "free gift with purchase that you have to pay for." Last trip they even let us buy the stuff without spending to qualifying amount first, that was really cool. We spent a lot while we were there so I definitely appreciated not having to add extras to one purchase in particular to get the goodies. I really enjoy one of the tote bags I got through this, I use it to carry beach stuff, and DH loves his Christmas watch from our fist trip together that he got for a whopping ten dollars!

Wolf
09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I hope they are doing some type of halloween themed thing while we are down, we have like 200 Christmas blankets lol

Lynn J Mc
11-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Anyone know what the current purchase with purchase might be?

TinkerbellT421
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Anyone know what the current purchase with purchase might be?

I will be arriving next Saturday :) If I go shopping the first day or two I will keep an eye open for you.

faline
11-28-2012, 06:55 PM
About a month ago, there was a choice. I don't recall the other choice (perhaps a throw?) but one was a Mickey watch in two sizes (larger suitable for men and smaller though still quite large) Mickey Mouse watch. I added on the watch. In fact, I'm wearing it today. It features Mickey with a banner running behind him along with the year 1928 - half to the left and half to the right of the Mickey figure.

PlutoToo
11-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Yesterday the MK had a reversible tote and a fleece throw. I forgot to look at the spend price, but I think the buy it price went up to $18.

PlutoToo
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Again, what's offered varies by store, but I've seen a fleece throw, reversible tote, watch, and a Jiminy Cricket plush in AK. Hope this helps.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Again, what's offered varies by store, but I've seen a fleece throw, reversible tote, watch, and a Jiminy Cricket plush in AK. Hope this helps.

For every $50 you spend you have the option of purchasing one: fleece, reversable tote or a watch. I didn't see the Jiminny Cricket plush.

I believe the price was $18.95

TinkerbellT421
12-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Yesterday I saw the reversible throw, tote bag or a Mickey starter pin set and hitch hiking ghost is right it was increased to $18.95.

mechanic
12-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh yes, I absolutely adore the "free gift with purchase that you have to pay for." Last trip they even let us buy the stuff without spending to qualifying amount first, that was really cool. We spent a lot while we were there so I definitely appreciated not having to add extras to one purchase in particular to get the goodies. I really enjoy one of the tote bags I got through this, I use it to carry beach stuff, and DH loves his Christmas watch from our fist trip together that he got for a whopping ten dollars!

I got a mickey watch last year without the extra purchase. Your post reminded me i havent seen it since we got home! Wonder if one of the kids BORROWED it?