PDA

View Full Version : Bike riding at Ft wilderness

Kenny1113
09-16-2012, 06:25 AM
I am thinking about taking the family bike riding on our extra day. Any one know how long the trail is? We would like a substantial ride

Kenny1113
09-16-2012, 06:49 AM
I should also add if there is a better location than FT wilderness that you know of, that is helpful too! :)

Also what kind of bikes are abailable or rent? Are they decent? Are there all sizes? Are we Bette off bringing ours?

Thanks

PlutoToo
09-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I think the trail between the Fort and Wilderness Lodge is about 3/4 mile. Other than that, we've ridden our bikes around the roads and and loops. It's supposed to be a mile from the Outpost to the Settlement. We've awlways had our own bikes, so I can't tell you anything about the rentals. Hope you enjoy your time in the world.

faline
09-16-2012, 04:30 PM
We rented bikes once at Fort Wilderness but that was a number of years ago now so I'm not sure what they currently have for equipment. We didn't ride the trail but we did ride throughout the various loops and had an enjoyable time.

It was certainly not a full day activity but did keep us occupied for a couple of hours.

Kenny1113
09-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the input :)
sounds like the trail is not that long, but if we ride through campground that should give us a more lengthy bike ride...