PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Cape May Cafe

Mr.K
09-15-2012, 06:21 PM
We will be staying at AoA in early October and have breakfast reservations for 8:45 AM one morning at the Cape May Cafe.

What is the best way to get from AoA to the Beach Club at this time of day?

Bus to DHS then boat to beach club?

What time should we plan to leave AoA to make our ressie?

Thanks in advance!

VWL Mom
09-15-2012, 06:36 PM
The first thing I would check would be whether DHS or EPCOT have EMH hours that day and then take it from there. You could bus to EPCOT if it opened at 8A, walk through it and out the International Gateway to Cape May. If DHS is open early, you can bus to there and walk or boat to Cape May. I would think you would need to leave AoA by 715A.

You could also call a cab which would probably run about $10 with tip but at that time of morning it may be worth it.

MargaretMessler
09-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Will you have a car? You could also drive there, but would have to worry about what to do with the car afterwards as generally you are allowed to park at other resorts for dining ressies, but with a time restriction. Outside of EMH at DHS or EPCOT, I think I would go with a taxi on this one.

Dsnygirl
09-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Ditto'ing the taxi suggestion... we used one once to get to FW from AKL, and it was well worth the cost, as it took about 25 minutes vs. the well over an hour it would have taken to manipulate the buses, etc. :)

Zippy 1
09-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Both times we have had morning ADRs at Cape May we have taken a taxi. On our first trip we did the bus thing and got totally turned around. A very nice bus driver who was going out of service took us there and even called Cape May to let them know we where on our way so we would not lose or Reservation. It was an awesome dose of Disney Magic:cloud9:

DizneyRox
09-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Cape May has a great breakfast, but it's tough to get there early. I'd go taxi first. If not, bus to MGM and then walk. It will be quicker than the boat.

Going to Epcot is also an option, but if you aren't goings a park that day, and/or don't have park hopping and aren't going to Epcot that day, your park tickets come into play. The walk is probably a wash vs the MGM route (probably mostly depends on the bus drop off spot).

disneynarula
09-16-2012, 02:29 PM
We are in the same situation. We are also staying at AoA. We have a 7:30 ADR and there are no morning EMH that day. A cab is not an option because I do no want to lug around a car seat all day and we ate going right to Epcot after breakfast.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-17-2012, 09:58 AM
We've done it a few times and have always taken a taxi. Quick and (relatively) painless.

VWL Mom
09-17-2012, 10:02 AM
We are in the same situation. We are also staying at AoA. We have a 7:30 ADR and there are no morning EMH that day. A cab is not an option because I do no want to lug around a car seat all day and we ate going right to Epcot after breakfast.

Many of the taxis on property do have car seats, you just need to ask for one when you request a ride.

TheDuckRocks
09-17-2012, 11:48 AM
I was also going to suggest the taxi - quick, easy and not that costly. As for the car seat I have seen a taxi driver get one out of his trunk for a family. I have to use a ECV while at Disney and have had to use a taxi and take it with me. We have found the easiest way is to arrange for a handicap/ECV friendly taxi the night before at bell services. The taxi has always been the kind we need and gets there at the time you ask for. We have had to wait about 1/2 to 1 hour if we just go down with no prearrangements. Although car seats are probably more available.

Hull-onian
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Take a taxi, it won't take too long to get there and you will be on time for your ressie.