PDA

View Full Version : Bringing your own coffee maker

disneysmiles
09-15-2012, 05:12 AM
I keep seeing posts asking if the values supply coffee makers. I know they don't, but can you bring your own? Because of my work scedual, I am usually up by 3m. Unfortunatly I do it on vacation too. It kind of stinks being up that early and having to wait 3 hours for the food court to open up for that first cup of coffee.

I know they don't want you to cook in the room. I understand why and agree, but you can plug in a hair dryer or curling iron. A coffee maker uses about the same electricity.

I am toying with the idea of having a 4 cup brewer sent ahead by mail or carefully wrapped in my check in luggage...just need to know if it's ok or not.

BugeyedMuggy
09-15-2012, 06:46 AM
When we stay at a resort without a coffee maker we always bring our 2 cup coffee maker for those early mornings. Don't know how they feel about it but we always unplug it right when it is done for safety.

darthmacho
09-15-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't see why not. I've brought my Keurig on vacations before, but only to places I drive to. I didn't want to deal with packing it for a flight, but if you have something small... :mickey:

big blue and hairy
09-15-2012, 11:59 AM
I keep seeing posts asking if the values supply coffee makers. I know they don't, but can you bring your own? Yes, I don't know the official WDW policy, but I bring mine all the time, and leave it in plain site, no one has ever said anything.
Because of my work scedual, I am usually up by 3m. Unfortunatly I do it on vacation too. It kind of stinks being up that early and having to wait 3 hours for the food court to open up for that first cup of coffee.

Especially when you are waiting three hours for that coffee. :sick:

:sulley:

kakn7294
09-15-2012, 03:54 PM
As part of another message board that I no longer frequent, 4 years ago we did a "borrow" process with a coffeemaker. Nobody said we couldn't do it and bell services, knowing exactly what was in that coffeemaker box, delivered it to the room. I looked into the purchase of a small coffeemaker for the values in the past but just never actually did it.

ElenitaB
09-15-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a mini-Keurig that I bring along for exactly that purpose.

Mousemates
09-15-2012, 10:24 PM
the other benefit to bringing your own maker is the fact you can actually drink good coffee in your room. :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
09-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Waiting three hours for coffee? I feel your pain! Lol I usually open one eye and look at dbf and mumble, is there coffee ready? Before I will even roll out of bed! Lol I have seen others post about having bringing their own coffeemakers, haven't personally done it, but have seen others say they have had no issues. :)

Dsnygirl
09-15-2012, 11:01 PM
As you can see by all the other responses, you can definitely bring your own... just wanted to add something re: sending one down prior to your trip.

I did exactly this -- I ordered a "single cup" coffemaker from WalMart, used the mailing address for my resort as the "ship to" address and just made sure I did it early enough before our trip to be sure it'd get there in time. It did and was waiting for me, and it was one of the best "planning" things I think I've ever done! LOVE having my own "real" coffee in the morning!! :thumbsup:

disneydeb
09-16-2012, 02:07 AM
We usually drive down, so I am bringing my Keurig with me!!

I just notied on the new Intercot sponser, you can rent Keurigs $25.00 for 1-7 days and $35 for 8-14! Maybe I'll just rent...

Dsnygirl
09-16-2012, 02:41 AM
I just notied on the new Intercot sponser, you can rent Keurigs $25.00 for 1-7 days and $35 for 8-14! Maybe I'll just rent...

Deb, thanks for noticing that and pointing it out... I'm flying next trip, and wouldn't be able to bring ours with me! Might just have to think about that Keurig... :D

disneysmiles
09-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Hubby told me to give you all a big THANK YOU for swaying me into having our own coffee maker for the room!! We always have a great time when we go, but this small luxury will make it even better!

AmandaChan
09-16-2012, 09:07 AM
We usually drive down, so I am bringing my Keurig with me!!

The things we coffee drinkers do for our coffee!!

disneydeb
09-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Since we are going down between Thanksgiving and Christmas with the grandkids, hot chocolate or hot apple cider might be good to take down with us and made in our Keurig.. :mickey:

the hot chocolate in the food court is almost as bad as their coffee....:ill:

kakn7294
09-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Keurig rental?!? Something to remember for next trip!

MargaretMessler
09-16-2012, 04:17 PM

Wow, really? Where did you see this? And how to go about it? I'm intrigued. I can't stand the coffee at the food courts, the hot cocoa and any other cappuccino-like drinks from nescafe are ok but the regular coffee :ack:

TinkerbellT421
09-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Wow, really? Where did you see this? And how to go about it? I'm intrigued. I can't stand the coffee at the food courts, the hot cocoa and any other cappuccino-like drinks from nescafe are ok but the regular coffee :ack:

https://www.strollersandgroceries.com/products.php?shelf=352&aisle=32

disneydeb
09-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Go to the Intercot sponsors, click on Strollers and groceries and you'll find it there!:thumbsup:

Disneymom4ever
09-16-2012, 05:22 PM
I just notied on the new Intercot sponser, you can rent Keurigs $25.00 for 1-7 days and $35 for 8-14! Maybe I'll just rent...[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a great idea! We are fortunate to be able to drive on our trips down, so I don't have to deal with flying issues. But I always take my Keurig with me, it's wonderful having it right there in the room! I do like the idea of a mini Keurig, less space, and easily packed!

Tink#64
09-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Since we started driving to WDW, the last 3 or 4 trips, we always bring our own coffeee pot! :coffee: Nary a word has been said! :thumbsup: