PDA

View Full Version : Picking up park ticket portion of package a few days early.

disneynarula
09-15-2012, 04:19 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to pick up the park ticket portion of our package a few days early?

We currently have eight day hoppers as part of our Magic our Way (with dining). We are staying off property for a week before we check in at AoA. My MIL and mother will be with us and want to do to Disney with the kids and DH and myself.

MIL and Mother would be buying one day park hoppers. I don't want to spend that amount of money since we are going to spend a whole week at Disney and one day tickets are sort of pricey on their own.

Is there a way to pick up the tickets and add two days on? Adding two days onto an eight day ticket is really not that expensive at all.

DizneyRox
09-15-2012, 07:48 AM
I hear it is, not sure how many days early though. You can also add days to them of course...

wdwfansince75
09-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Even if someone on the boards says, "Absolutely"', check with Guest Services for sure. Since the tickets are part of your package, and the package is scheduled to be at the desk on check-in day, somebody will have to do some extra work to do this for you. Most of us remember things that CM's would magically do...today, not so much....but they could, and they should, make it happen. One caution...the last day of use must not be more than 14 days from first day of use. So if you are going to be offsite for a week, and on site for a week, make sure you don't make the last day or so outside of the 14 day window.

Strmchsr
09-15-2012, 08:05 AM
The quick answer is yes, you can. Sometimes it depends on the CM, though. We did that back in May and it worked out just fine. The first CM thought it wasn't possible so I asked them to make sure and another CM came up and said, "Of course it's possible" and took care of it for us. I should note that we did this at the International Gateway entrance. My family already had APs but my mom needed to add a couple of days before her package actually began. I'm not sure if a resort could do it or not, but I don't see why they couldn't. That would be better than having to pay to park at the parks.

1DisneyNut
09-15-2012, 09:17 AM
I got mine a couple of days early when there for a convention several years ago. We did it at guest services at the resort we were going to be checking into in a few days. There is no way on Earth, WDW is going to turn you away from wanting to come to the park a few extra days, even if it is early.

CleveRocks
09-15-2012, 09:53 PM
It can be done up to three days in advance.

Here is exactly how to do it (got this info from a ticketing cast member):

Go to any guest relations location at a theme park or Downtown Disney (NOT at a water park). Request "early ticket pick-up." Use that exact phrase.

If the cast member says it can't be done or they don't know what you mean, ask them to go on their computer to The Hub (they'll know exactly what you mean, it's the WDW CM portal), and then to follow the following tabs/links: The Hub >> WDW >> Work >> Ticketing >> Processes & Business Rules >> Early Ticket Pickup For Resort Packages. They WILL see the proper procedure there.

(If you happen to be staying at the same resort where you also have your package booked as a separate reservation, you MIGHT be able to get the tickets at your resort's front desk instead.)

Please note there is a strong possibility that after you check-in at your resort on check-in day, that your early-received tickets will NOT be able to be coded onto your Key To The World card.

It absolutely 100% can be done. The cast member who supplied this information has been providing 100% accurate information for at least the last 7 years (since I've been relying on him), and as I said he works in that aspect of WDW.

disneynarula
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Just got off the phone with Disney and talked to two different cast members who said this was not possible. One said it is a recent policy change? Can anyone confirm this?

Strmchsr
09-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Can anyone confirm this?

If it changed, it's been since May.

disneynarula
09-20-2012, 06:08 AM
It is so frustrating. I seems silly that I should not be able to get my tickets whenever I want them.

As long as we use them within a 14 day window why should they care?

I want to give them more money and they are turning me down?

All they are is making me think more and more about spending those days at other Orlando venue.

hauntedmansiongirl
10-08-2012, 04:40 AM
We picked up our tickets early in April. We went to the Caribbean Beach resort desk and asked a cast member. They had to get a manager, but they did it with no problems at all. The managers words were "you've paid for them, you can get them when you want them."

I hope that everything works out for you!!! :mickey: