PDA

View Full Version : Day before fretting - wanna weigh in?

mom2morgan
09-14-2012, 05:11 PM
other than the usual "will my car break down on the way to the airport or will the airline lose my luggage" sorts of concerns I always have:
1. Worried about the sweltering heat and humidity - we've never been in September!
2. Worrying about love bugs - are they out? are they as gross as I've heard?

...I'm still very, very excited to be leaving tomorrow morning, but my tummy is in knots right now :-)

Itchy
09-14-2012, 05:19 PM
other than the usual "will my car break down on the way to the airport or will the airline lose my luggage" sorts of concerns I always have:
1. Worried about the sweltering heat and humidity - we've never been in September!
2. Worrying about love bugs - are they out? are they as gross as I've heard?

...I'm still very, very excited to be leaving tomorrow morning, but my tummy is in knots right now :-)

There are always the " What If's ". I had some of the same concerns when we flew down as we had to change planes in Miami and we were worried if our luggage would follow us.

Well it turned out the worry was for nothing.

As for the love bugs as for last week there were none.

The weather although was in the high 80's to mid 90's was not unbearable and the humdity was no worse that here in the St Louis area.

It was still a great time... Don't worry, be happy you will be in WDW. I miss it already.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

darthmacho
09-14-2012, 05:38 PM
It sounds like we have a lot in common when it comes to worrying about stuff.

I stressed about everything until the moment when we finally got into the room and saw the luggage was delivered there. I stressed about the cab, airport security, our luggage, the flight, the bus, the check-in, the luggage again, and then when it was all over and everything came together, it was finally time to relax. :cloud9:
Then I started stressing about where we were going to eat, how crowded the cafeteria was going to be, what time we needed to wake up to get the bus so that we could get to our ADR at Crystal Palace in time, how fast we could get to Dumbo before the line got too long...etc, etc, etc. ;)

faline
09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I truly understand. I am never happy until I arrive at the airport and have made my way through security. That's the point when I can begin to relax a little - a little because then I have to worry about whether the plane will be on time, overbooked or have an issue that will keep us at the gate far longer than we hope!!!

Pocahontas
09-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Wow, I think I'm related to all of you in the prior posts!
My family makes fun of me over my worrying. But I tell them that I have to worry because none of them do. At least that makes perfect sense to me.:blush:

buzznwoodysmom
09-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Not sure about Florida, but here in Southern Louisiana the lovebugs have already come and gone. Good riddance! They are such a nuisance! Can't keep a car clean when they are around.

JMTStone
09-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Love Bugs were there in May but MIL says they are GONE.

You may get some hot. But not as hot as July or August. Hydrate, enjoy the air conditioned queues and have FUN!:party:

cuteduck223
09-15-2012, 12:02 AM
i called tonight to double check something on a reservation for this friday! my husband made fun of me...and i said...im just making sure.

disneynarula
09-15-2012, 04:29 AM
We have been in late September... it was hot but not unbearable.

The only place it was really bad was at the Animal Kingdom. It must be all the lush vegetation there, but it always seems hotter there.

Looks like most people say the love bugs are gone. We were there during a heavy love bug season and the only place they were really gross was in front of the door at our resort room. We always had to step over a huge pile of them by the door. Other than that we did not notice them at the parks.

Have a great trip!!!!

Cinderelley
09-15-2012, 04:58 AM
I start relaxing about 15 minutes into the flight to WDW.

mom2morgan
09-15-2012, 11:11 AM
We.re at the airport and all is well. It's funny because we are early and our gate is currently boardimg the Dosneyland buncj for Anaheim. Wish I could check in here while I.m in Disney, but no decent data package. Squeee!

MNNHFLTX
09-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I hardly ever stress about my vacation destination, but I do stress about what I'm leaving behind. I am compulsive about cleaning right before I leave and having all the details ironed out (instructions for pet sitters, job responsibilities, mail, newspaper, security, etc.) Once that plane takes off, however, I start to relax, because there's nothing I can do about it at that point anyway!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!