PDA

View Full Version : August All Star Sports Adventure Part 9 Last day in the parks

Beach Club Babe
09-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012

Today would be our last day in the parks. The driving contingent would be beginning their long trek home this evening. The girls and I have a 12:40 PM flight tomorrow afternoon.

I originally had an ADR for Via Napoli at 12:15 this afternoon. My original intent was to cancel this outright as Ashleigh really wanted Magic Kingdom to be our last park of this trip. However, since we agreed to go to Magic Kingdom first and then finish up a few things in Epcot she needed to do, I merely changed the reservation from 12:15 to 3:10.

Since Ron was going to have a long drive ahead of him this evening, he decided to sleep in at his leisure and then take his time packing the car and relaxing. The occupants of the other room brought their luggage over to ours since we were not checking out of that one until tomorrow. As for the rest of us, we intended to get as much done as possible. To no one's great surprise this week has really flown by!

As mentioned we were heading to MK this morning and arrived with plenty of time to watch the opening show. It was now our final day here, and still no Splash! We went there immediately and were able to ride it 3x in a row since no one was in line! Fastpasses were totally unnecessary. Ashleigh managed to talk Jeff into riding despite his hesitancy looking at the final drop. He did wind up enjoying it. Hallie was a bit upset about not being tall enough to ride, but that quickly dissipated when she found she had the little playground all to herself. Eventually a little boy joined her but she quickly made a new friend. Next up was BTMR one last time. Hallie, Emily, and I then went to Fantasyland to ride iasw as well as yet another ride on the carousel. Everyone else headed for Space Mt. to ride standby and get some fastpasses. We were headed over to Tomorrowland to meet up, which we did near Mad Tea Party after the girls and I had a ride. We went into the New Fantasyland and rode Dumbo and finally, Hallie agreed to ride something with somebody other than me! Ashleigh and Jeff rode Barnstormer with Emily and Hallie. I waited for them while Matt went to find a snack. We all met back up and rode Pooh and then everyone else wanted at least a light lunch so we went to Pinocchio Village Haus and split a few entrees since we would be eating at 3:10.

We went back to Tomorrowland where the miracle of all miracles happened! We rode Buzz Lightyear and I, are you ready for this, scored 599,200 points and became a Space Ace. Total shock does not even begin to describe it! Hallie and I then went to ride the Peoplemover while the rest went to ride Space Mt. When I got off the ride the gang was right there waiting for me. No not because they got on so soon, but because they were denied and Emily was in tears as she did not get to ride it earlier with them. Matt and Ashleigh were livid and explained to me that a large group had been blocking the fastpass entrance since their window was not yet open. After being told to move numerous times eventually they did, but that meant that our window had closed in the meantime. Matt tried to explain that they were there on time but couldn't get through. The CM basically told them too bad. Matt also pointed out that this would be the last chance of our trip and when Emily started to cry, the CM basically said to her something like that will teach your family to be on time! Well now I was livid! I went over there and right up to the CM who had a "earning her ears" tag on her nametag. There was another CM there as well. I explained again what happened and it was not right. The "newbie" wanted to give me one of those blue slips of paper that would allow them to ride in 55 minutes. I did not have 55 minutes and explained again we would be leaving the park. The other CM finally agreed to "make an exception" this one time and they were allowed to ride.

Meanwhile, Ron had called and was ready to meet us. He was on his way to Epcot but since I had his ticket, he had to wait for us to arrive. We arrived not long after him, and made our way to Via Napoli for our reservation.

I'm going to have to save the rest of the day for another installment.

Pally
09-14-2012, 08:00 PM
It can be very frustrating when people show up significantly early for fasspass. This has happened to us a few times. One occasion a bright CM realized what was happening and was calling out fasspass times so that people could come forward. We have been blocked trying to get to breakfast at Tusker House. Literally, there was about 100 people there at least an hour early. We had a first booking in the morning. It was an absolute mad house and to make matters worse they want to take your picture before you go in. This is something I wish you coud bypass. :mickey:

January-2007
09-14-2012, 09:35 PM
That is terrible that they made your daughter cry. I can't believe it, definitely not magical. Glad you got to take in Splash three times in a row and Hallie enjoyed the playground! Thanks for the trip report.

faline
09-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I hope that cast member learns a little common sense at the same time as she earns her ears!!

Congrats on your high score on Buzz Lightyear!! I managed to get high scores on two occasions but, of course, that was during the trip my husband was not with me and, of course, I have not been able to repeat the performance when he is with me!!

DisneyorBust
09-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Frustrating! I'm glad to read that your family was able to get their last ride on SM.
We have found groups of folks doing the same thing, standing and blocking the FP return line. Luckily, I'm not bashful. :D

Dopey's Girl
09-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm gals they ended up getting on Space Mtn. I'm all for enforcing the rules, but the CMs also have to make the occasional exception too.

princessgirls
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Geez...making a kid cry over a fastpass. While I'm all for following the rules...seriously????? That was a little overkill!

Glad you had a good run on Splash! Poor Hallie...next year she'll be big enough!!!

Thanks for the report!
Julie:mickey: