PDA

View Full Version : Sundown Mingle at AKL

VWL Mom
09-14-2012, 08:10 AM
I found this on the AKL resort calendar (I really have to start paying attention to those when I check in). We'll be staying at AKL in November and wondered if anyone has done this?

5:00pm to 6:00pm  Sundown Mingle (Mon & Wed) —
Jambo House-Asante Lobby Terrace
Enjoy delicious hors d’oeuvres and drinks as you savor the slow pace
of life on the savanna. You must RSVP for this fun-filled get-together
at the Disney Vacation ClubŪ Desk located in the lobby. Complimentary
children’s programming is available for ages 3-12 years old. All
children must be independent in their toileting needs.

Reportedly, it's also in the Fall Disney Files issue but I haven't gotten mine.

Dsnygirl
09-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Mmmm.... haven't done it, but it sounds great!! Hope they're still doing it when we're next there!! :cloud9:

Simba's Mom
09-14-2012, 11:34 AM
I just returned from AKV and I didn't do the Sundowner's Mingle, and here's why-the Email said (I think) that I could stop by the DVC desk to reserve. Being solo, I figured there'd be no trouble getting in. So I stopped by, but they said it was full. I've heard from other DVC members that they leave openings for non-DVC members (since sales is their main focus) and when they got close to full, present members are left out in the cold. Ironically I was interested in purchasing an add-on. I know I should be more understanding, but it just didn't leave me with a warm, fuzzy feeling about the Sundowner's Mingle. Especially since I happened to be in the lobby when it began, I peeked in, and the set-up looked good!

BugeyedMuggy
09-16-2012, 05:23 PM
My sister attended this in Aug and won the $100.00 draw at the end of the evening. First time staying at AKL and now she is hooked.

BugeyedMuggy
10-04-2012, 06:56 AM
We went to the mingle last night and won the $100.00 gift card. They have some tasty food and drinks available and you get to meet some new friends. They run two at once to keep it small.