PDA

View Full Version : Wake up Call

CosmicRay
09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if they ever have plans in the near future to update the wake up call message? They've had Stitch for so long and we miss our old Mickey message "up and at'em pal!" I keep wishing they will go back to the old one or make a new one.

Lindsey310
09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Funny you mentioned this. I was saying the same thing to my DH when we were there the first week in September.
I purposely called for a wake up call to see if they changed it. How long has this one been on there?? Must be years! I am ready for a new wake up call message as well, or at least the old one back! :mickey:

DizneyRox
09-13-2012, 06:29 PM
How long has this one been on there?? Must be years! I am ready for a new wake up call message as well, or at least the old one back! :mickey:
My oldest reference date is 2006 (I have a few self made recordings), but thre are posts on forums dated 2005 asking for a copy.

It's very old... Not nearlyas old as many of the parade floats, but it is time to replace it (and the floats).

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2012, 07:03 PM
How long as SGE been open??? I recall the change over taking place around the same time as Stitch taking over MK and the monorail spiel...

mook3y
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Our first trip to WDW was September 2005 and Stitch was being used then for the wakeup call.

DizneyRox
09-13-2012, 08:17 PM
How long as SGE been open??? I recall the change over taking place around the same time as Stitch taking over MK and the monorail spiel...
Wikipedia lists November 16th, 2004 as opening date. Looks like we're going on 8 years or so, and Stitch hasn't been relevant for most of those really...

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Wikipedia lists November 15th, 2004 as opening date. Looks like we're going on 8 years or so, and Stitch hasn't been relevant for most of those really...

So, if I remember correctly, then 8 years of Stitch waking people up... Cause I am pretty sure, as part of promoting SGE, Stitch took over the wake up call at the same time of opening the attraction...

I like Stitch, but I agree, I think enough... Time for a new wake up call...

CosmicRay
09-14-2012, 09:29 AM
I was trying to remember and had to go back to my videos to check. It was 2004, because our kids were 2 and 3 and we wanted to see their reaction to Mickey waking them up. And DH and I had a confused look on our face when Stitch was waking us up and we were disappointed. So yeah, EIGHT long years!

JMTStone
09-14-2012, 10:05 AM
But do we go back to Mickey (my preference) or someone new?

Anyone have any cool ideas? As a telecom professional, it would be nice if when you made a wake up call, you could choose 1 for Mickey 2 for Princess Cinderella, etc.

I probably shouldn't INTERCOT from work.:blush:

DizneyFreak2002
09-14-2012, 11:12 AM

Anyone have any cool ideas? As a telecom professional, it would be nice if when you made a wake up call, you could choose 1 for Mickey 2 for Princess Cinderella, etc.

That is a good question.. What character do they use??? I love your solution... When you request a wake up call, you could be given a choice of what character you want to do the wake up message... With the NextGen program slowly coming on line, and the interactive spree they are on, you think they would consider this... Maybe they have and just haven't gotten the software squared away yet...

I say, send an email to Guest Relations and make this suggestion...

Simba's Mom
09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Actually I did send an Email to guest relations asking for Mickey's wake up call back. I said how he really made me so happy to be there, sounded like HE was happy I was there, etc. I said that Stitch sounded like such a grump, yelling at me not to sleep any more. I never heard back-I just have visions of them sitting around laughing "Hey, look at the Email we got from this crazy lady!"

JMTStone
09-14-2012, 01:24 PM
That is a good question.. What character do they use??? I love your solution... When you request a wake up call, you could be given a choice of what character you want to do the wake up message... With the NextGen program slowly coming on line, and the interactive spree they are on, you think they would consider this... Maybe they have and just haven't gotten the software squared away yet...

I say, send an email to Guest Relations and make this suggestion...

Actually, I do it for a living. I should work at Disney!

darthmacho
09-14-2012, 03:06 PM

I like Stitch, but I like the old Mickey wake-up call more. However, I like your idea best, and don't see why this would be so difficult. :mickey:

CosmicRay
09-14-2012, 05:12 PM
The choice of voices would be nice! Then you could choose a different wake up message each day.

- Jack Sparrow
- The Fairy God mother
- Mickey (of course)
- Minnie
- Princesses
- Pooh and/or friends

That sure would be fun!