PDA

View Full Version : August All Star Sports Adventure Part 8 I want to stay there next time

Beach Club Babe
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Monday, August 20th, 2012 continued

Leaving off after returning from the morning and afternoon at Animal Kingdom, we have cleaned up, dried off, and are well rested. Time to head out to Downtown Disney. Ashleigh and Jeff are not quite ready to leave when we do, so they agree to meet us later. That actually does not wind up happening. They did go to DTD, but just didn't seem to connect.

Our first order of business was to have dinner at Earl of Sandwich. We only wanted a light supper since we are still pretty full from our lunch at Tusker House. After dinner, Matt split do his on thing and I did some serious damage to my wallet at World of Disney and the Christmas shop. Of course, no matter how we tried to sneak past, we had to stop and ride the merry go round. Finished with DTD, but not ready to call it a night, we decided to catch a bus to Art of Animation and check out the newest resort.

Once there we checked out the lobby and the Food Court, passing through the shop since I had made enough purchases for one night. I definitely like this food court better than the one at All Star Sports. Then we went outside and checked out the Big Blue Pool which the girls wished they could try it out. We briefly popped over to The Lion King section which didn't seem that exciting to me, so we turned and checked out the Cars section. The girls really enjoyed this, and we needed to get pictures with almost all of the cars. I think we only missed Sarge. The girls then both proclaimed that they really want to stay here when we return in December for graduation. I will consider it as we will also be celebrating Emily's 10th birthday when we return. Luckily for us the bus driver, who picked us up on the return to DTD asked us where we were going as it was getting a little late and beginning to rain. We told him we just needed to catch a bus back to All Star Sports and he arranged for him to be the bus to pick up All Stars so we didn't need to change buses or wait at all. Perfect! Back to the resort and off to dreamland for us!

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012

DHS is first on the agenda today. First, we got fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and ride the Great Movie Ride for the first time this trip. Ron and Ashleigh are never able to pass the pretzel cart near the exit, so it's time for a pretzel break already. Next up Star Tours for everyone but Ron and Hallie. Then onto the Backlot Tour, why I don't really know. We always say we won't ride until it has a major revamp, but we always seem to find ourselves there. Then after that, Emily and I took Hallie to see Disney Junior while the rest went to collect fastpasses for Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster. When we exited the show, Ashleigh was on the phone saying that they thought they lost Emily's ticket. I told them to meet me at Guest Relations so we could cancel that and have a new one issued. I waited, but they never showed so I called, and was told they had found it. I guess no bothered to tell me! They all thought someone else had called! By this time, the ToT fastpass had already opened up so Matt, Emily and I rode then it was time for lunch.

Our reservation was at 50's Primetime Cafe. I guess they have resolved their technical difficulties from the other day as they are open. Our meal was delicious as always and our server was excellent. She took to calling the guys Sparky, Skippy, and Scooter. Jeff's mother thought this was absolutely hilarious, so now his whole family is calling him Scooter! Finally time for our fastpass at TSM and Ron and Matt got to ride this time. Then it was time for another break back at the resort.

We thought we might give EMH one final chance this evening, but not surprisingly for this trip it didn't quite work out. Still we managed to get to Epcot before 7 PM so that Emily could finally get to ride Ellen and then she and Matt rode Mission: Space. They also rode Green Team to Emily's slight disappointment. She really prefers Orange but no one in this group is willing to ride Orange anymore. She'll have to wait until we are here with Courtney and Jason again. Matt then went off to try a few drinks around the world. We also moved into WS and rode Gran Fiesta Tour but the Maelstrom was just too long of a line. The rain had also returned when we were finished which put a damper on Ashleigh's plan to get some pics in Italy and France. She managed to get some in Italy, but since it was just too rainy, we decided to alter our plans slightly for our final day in the parks tomorrow to allow her to get the pics she wanted. Ashleigh and Jeff then headed for the bus. The rest of us met back up with Matt and snacked on Jalapeno stuffed pretzels, funnelcake, and popcorn. Then it was back to Futureworld for a ride on Figment and one on Spaceship Earth before heading out ourselves. Once again the weather was just not cooperating. Back at the room I packed up the dirty laundry, Ron's belongings, and anything the girls and I wouldn't need on our extra night. Since Matt and Ashleigh were in there own room, I left their packing to them. It felt good not to have that extra packing to do!

More to follow

Dopey's Girl
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
What a nice bus driver! That is the one bad thing about trying to check out resorts with Disney Transportation, so that worked out well!

Another fun day!

faline
09-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Lovely day for all participants even if parts of the day were damp!!

princessgirls
09-13-2012, 09:04 PM
All in all a nice Disney Day!!!

Thanks for sharing Heather!

Always sad to start packing up...sigh....

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
09-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks for reporting!

DisneyorBust
09-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Starting the packing up, never a good sign. Thankfully, your December trip is not too far off! Thanks for sharing your day with us.