DW: Darth Wife (41yo)
DD1: Darth Daughter 1 (11yo)
DD2: Darth Daughter 2 (8yo)

The Stage:
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort
Wilderness Lodge

The Report:

After three days of early rising and long days, there was no wake-up call for the family. I, on the other hand, would not sleep in. The laundry was already piling up, so it was time to take care of it. I got up at 7am, filled my nifty new refillable mug with some poor excuse for coffee, and got to work. Later, when the laundry was done and put away, everyone got up and ready and we decided to have lunch at Landscapes of Flavor, and we had another good meal there. The kids wore their suits under their clothes, so we went right from lunch to the Computer Pool at Pop. We were there for a few hours when a thunderstorm rolled in and started blowing pretty hard, so we went back to the room. It had blown over by the time we changed and were ready to leave for the Wilderness Lodge. We took the bus to MK and the ferry from there to WL.

Now DW and I honeymooned at the Wilderness Lodge, so it is our favorite resort. We make it a point to visit every trip and we always dine there. The last two trips in 2003, and 2010, we ate at Whispering Canyon, so this time we decided to eat at our favorite restaurant in the whole world for the first time since 1999, Artist Point. After exploring, buying a new shirt, and checking out the villas for the first time, we went for dinner. I’ll do a separate review, but it was the dining highlight of the trip and it’s still our favorite restaurant in the world.

After eating, we stuck around for a while to watch the Electrical Water Pageant. The kids had never seen it, and they loved it. After the show we had to scramble to get the last boat over to MK to make sure we got a bus back to Pop. Luckily we had watched the show from the boat dock anyway, so we were right there. We ran into some crowd issues at the bus stop, but we made it no problem.

This was a short entry, but that’s only because it was a relatively quiet and relaxing day, at least until the scramble to get back to Pop at the end. I generally get antsy on non-park days at WDW, and it was excruciating for me to take the bus to Magic Kingdom, see the entrance right there, and knowing that I wouldn’t be going in. Despite that, I love visiting our honeymoon spot, the Wilderness Lodge, and I was so happy to eat at our favorite restaurant in the world for the first time in 13 years!

Stay tuned for more, and check dining for a review of Artist Point. :mickey:

faline
09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
It seems that a relaxed day was in order for the whole family. Swimming, relaxation and a lovely dinner - wonderful (even if you didn't get to enter into a park)!!

SBETigg
09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
The Electric Water Pageant, it doesn't feel like a Disney trip without it for me. Love it! Artist Point, one of the few Signatures I still have not tried. Maybe soon.

emerzmom
09-12-2012, 07:46 PM
It sounds like your trip has been pretty great so far. Looking forward to more...
:tink:
Julie

Dopey's Girl
09-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Sounds like a nice, relaxing day!

I love Artist Point. I have never had anything there I haven't loved!

Off to see the dining review.

IloveJack
09-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm so jealous of your lengthy trip. We were there for 6 days this summer (with a few extra days outside the world), and still couldn't bring ourselves to build in a down-day. It's just so hard to say no to the parks!

DisneyorBust
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Nice day! It's good to read that you and your wife scheduled in a day of relaxation. Vacationing at WDW can sure take it's toll!

princessgirls
09-13-2012, 09:00 PM
A down day is a nice change of pace Darth!!

Sounds like a fabulous day to me!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
09-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I really want to stay fr a 2 week-er. I always want a day "off" but, when it comes down to it, I can't stay away from the parks!

I love Artist Point! Great service and WONDERFUL MUSHROOM SOUP!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a relaxing day....

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MrPeetrie
10-06-2012, 03:36 PM
If you have an extended stay like you and your family did, you need a "recovery" day or else you'll burn out. Good job reading your family's tea leaves.