PDA

View Full Version : How to get from POR to Kona Cafe?

natstroop
09-12-2012, 02:33 PM
We will be eating breakfast at Kona's on our "lazy" day at the resort. How would you suggest getting there from POR? And about how much time should we give ourselves? Thanks much!

Tygger7
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
There are a couple of options:

- From POR, take the boat to DtD. From DtD, take the bus to Poly.
- From POR, catch a bus to MK. Then take the monorail to Poly or TTC.

I would allow 60-90 mins for using Disney transportation. A lot depends on how quickly you catch the bus/boat. Could be much quicker, but I always plan for worst case scenario.

cer
09-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I would bus to Magic Kingdom and then take the ferry over to the Poly. ( I prefer the ferry - just a nice quiet boatride....but you could also take the monorail.)

I would shoot to be at the bus stop an hour before my reservation.

Gator
09-12-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm personally a fan of getting on the monorail whenever I can, since I never stay at the big deluxe resorts. I'd catch the bus over to MK, and then monorail over to the Poly.

faline
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I would bus to Magic Kingdom and then take the ferry over to the Poly. ( I prefer the ferry - just a nice quiet boatride....but you could also take the monorail.)

The ferry brings you to the Ticket and Transportation Center. You can walk from there. There is also a boat launch from the the Magic Kingdom that services the Grand Floridian and the Poly. This brings you to the Polynesian boat dock.

DisneyDINK
09-13-2012, 10:02 AM
If it were my "lazy" day, I'd want to sleep in. I would take a cab from POR to the Poly. The trip would take about 15 minutes instead of an hour. You can always take a boat/monorail/bus from there to get to wherever you want to be next.

Wolf
09-13-2012, 11:09 AM
If it were my "lazy" day, I'd want to sleep in. I would take a cab from POR to the Poly. The trip would take about 15 minutes instead of an hour. You can always take a boat/monorail/bus from there to get to wherever you want to be next.

I was thinking the same thing, I'd sleep in then grab a cab, I don't think it should be more than like $15 with tip included. We do quite a few cabs, anytime for early morning meals, its just not worth trying to get up a extra hour+ early to fight to get the right busses for us.

#1donaldfan
09-13-2012, 12:11 PM
The ferry brings you to the Ticket and Transportation Center. You can walk from there. There is also a boat launch from the the Magic Kingdom that services the Grand Floridian and the Poly. This brings you to the Polynesian boat dock.

Taking the launch would be your best and most scenic route.:cool:

natstroop
09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. The cab idea sounds the shortest, but our resies aren't until 9:30, so we wouldn't be getting up too early anyway. The boat ride and ferry ride sounds relaxing, but the kids will probably want to ride the monorail. I'll tell them the options and see which they like best. Thanks again!

DisneyFr33k
09-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. The cab idea sounds the shortest, but our resies aren't until 9:30, so we wouldn't be getting up too early anyway. The boat ride and ferry ride sounds relaxing, but the kids will probably want to ride the monorail. I'll tell them the options and see which they like best. Thanks again!

I'd vote for the monorail too. My kids loved it and the last time we were there they got to sit in the front with the driver -- before the accident and they stopped letting passengers do that anymore. :(

cer
09-13-2012, 01:58 PM

Oh, I said ferry, I meant boat launch. Anything that takes me from one place to another via water, I call a ferry, but I guess they distinguish between the two at Disney...

faline
09-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh, I said ferry, I meant boat launch. Anything that takes me from one place to another via water, I call a ferry, but I guess they distinguish between the two at Disney...

I figured that's what you meant but, if someone didn't know the layout, they might end up heading in a direction that they didn't mean to.

natstroop
09-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I figured that's what you meant but, if someone didn't know the layout, they might end up heading in a direction that they didn't mean to.

I didn't know the layout, so that was helpful. Thanks!