PDA

View Full Version : Getting to IOA for early entry

epceddie
09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Just read on the Univeral site that guests who stay onsite can visit the Harry Potter rides an hour earlier than the public. It also said that transportation to the park is not included. Do you have to walk to the park? If so, how far is it from the hotels? Which one is closest, farthest etc. ........

buzznwoodysmom
09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
All resorts are walking distance to the parks. We stayed for two nights in December and never once used their other modes of transportation. We walked to EVERYTHING.

From what I've read Royal Pacific Resort is closest to IOA, and Hard Rock Hotel is closest to US. We stayed at Hard Rock and we were very close to both parks. I'd say it took maybe 5 minutes to walk to either of the parks. The park entrances aren't too far from each other so the added distance from one park to the next isn't that significant. I'd pick which ever resort theme you prefer.

NJGIRL
09-13-2012, 05:33 PM
RP is about 10 mins from IOA and about 15 mins from US.

HR is about 5 mins from US and 10 mins from IOA.

Portofino is on the other side of the HR so I would guess 10 mins from US and 15 mins from IOA.

These are very short, easy walks. My estimated time is walking at a leisurely pace.

There are also people on bikes pulling a cart. They can give you a ride from the hotel to the begining of City Walk for free. Just please be sure to trip them.

If you take a look at Universals website they show a detailed map of the hotels and parks.

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
There are also people on bikes pulling a cart. They can give you a ride from the hotel to the begining of City Walk for free. Just please be sure to trip them.

Wouldn't that hurt them?? LoL...

NJGIRL
09-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Wouldn't that hurt them?? LoL...

:D lol....Sorry tip them!