PDA

View Full Version : ICOT 15 Planning

DisneyGirl85
09-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Not sure if this should go here or vacation planning so if it should be moved, go right ahead :mickey:

Anywho....42 more days til I'm there for the ICOT15! :cloud9:I have some questions for all you ICOT Reunion Veterans.

What to wear: I've never been there in October, based on your experience, is it more long pants weather or shorts weather? Or is it shorts during the day, long pants in the evening?

Transportation: I will be one of the people using Disney Transportation and I am staying at POP (first time staying there). I see that there is one meet in the evening at Jellyrolls at Disney's Boardwalk Resort and another at The Wave of American Flavors, Contemporary Resort. :beer: Does anyone know how long the buses run and the best way to get back to POP after these events?

Can't wait!!

faline
09-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Days should be warm enough for shorts and tees and nights might be as well. However, nights could also be coolish and require jeans and a sweatshirt.

After parks close, you'd have to take a bus to Downtown Disney and transfer there.

DisneyGirl85
09-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Would renting a car be a better/easier means of transportation for these events?

BriarRose0708
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey Kelly, I'm staying at POP too, I'm sure we'll bump into each other on the buses! For the Wave meet, I'm going to walk back over to the MK and grab the bus back to the resort. Since it's a Halloween Party night, buses should be running back to POP until 1 a.m.

Don't think I'll make it to Jellyroll's, but Faline is right that you can take the bus to DTD and get the bus to Pop. But, it depends on how late you stay at Jellyroll's as the club stays open later than when the buses run. Perhaps there are also some iCOT attendees with cars that can give you a lift back to POP.

The past couple times I've been in October it's been upper 70's and 80's during the day and 50's or 60's at night. It all depends on what you consider "cold" and maybe anticipate bringing a hoodie into the park with you (or in Michael's case, multiple hoodies *see last podcast*) or scheduling time to go back to POP and change into warmer clothes. Always be prepared for a possible thunder storm in the afternoon, but in October they are not as frequent as they are in the summer months.

SBETigg
09-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I'll be at Pop, too! And I want to go to Jellyrolls. Maybe some of us can share a cab if it gets late and we're still there.

Dsnygirl
09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi! And you are going to LOVE October!! It is our absolute favorite time to go. Like others said, days should be warm enough for shorts, nights might be, as well... but to be on the safe side, I'd pack a few capris and long-sleeved t's, or a sweatshirt. Also, watch Chris's (Strmchsr) weather forecast under the Vacation Planning forum... he goes about 10 days out, and is terrifically accurate!!

Looks like you've got plenty of options for transportation to/from the evening parties... I'd offer more advice, but it'd be a repetition of what everyone else said. I'm most likely going to hitch a ride with whomever is headed back to my DVC spot, but if I can help you out, I will! :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
09-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm planning on going to Jellyrolls for sure (staying at BC) and will have a car. I'd be more than happy to play driver for anyone who needs it!

AgentC
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I can probably take a few people back after Jellyrolls too. I'll be at Yacht with a car.

Mousefever
09-13-2012, 07:56 AM
I also wonder how late the bar at Pop stays open. It seems like there will be so many of us at Pop that it might make sense to party there one of the nights. I think I'm going to go back through the threads and try to get some sort of head count, but I think there are more than 10 of us staying there. Not that we would exclude anyone from joining us who is not staying at Pop. :)

Amy

JMTStone
09-13-2012, 08:56 AM
We'll be right across the lake at Art of Animation and I know there's a walkway. Maybe I can join leave Jon and Mackenzie behind and enjoy a nightcap at POP.

BriarRose0708
09-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I also wonder how late the bar at Pop stays open. It seems like there will be so many of us at Pop that it might make sense to party there one of the nights. I think I'm going to go back through the threads and try to get some sort of head count, but I think there are more than 10 of us staying there. Not that we would exclude anyone from joining us who is not staying at Pop. :)

Amy

I'm pretty sure it's open til at least 10, if not 11 p.m.

Christine
09-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Was at POP tonight running and thought of y'all!

Mousefever
09-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Cool Christine! Thanks for the visual evidence!

Amy

Christine
09-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Cool Christine! Thanks for the visual evidence!

Amy

:) no problem!! :beer: :wine:

BriarRose0708
09-19-2012, 07:43 AM
It's like the 12 days of Christmas except it's 12 hours of booze :beer::marg:

Katzateer
09-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Amy

And don't forget all of us at AOA!.,:thumbsup:

JMTStone
09-19-2012, 12:59 PM
And don't forget all of us at AOA!.,:thumbsup:

Kat and I can walk over together, then weave our way back!

Mousefever
09-19-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd never forget you guys! And if you had a little too much we can push you back over to AoA on a luggage cart!!

Amy

JMTStone
09-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I'd never forget you guys! And if you had a little too much we can push you back over to AoA on a luggage cart!!

Amy

And as we pass the buildings we can sing the songs.

"Life is a Highway" for Cars
"Under the Sea" for Little Mermaid
"Circle of Life" for Lion King

Off-key on my part of course.:sing:

Katzateer
09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Sounds like this might be a fun night! We arrive on Weds. And stay until Tuesday so let us know ..........:thumbsup:

brownie
09-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Depending on when it is, we'll try to meet everyone at Petals Pool Bar.

BriarRose0708
09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
When would we fit this fun POP/Art poolside drinks time? It looks like before the official events start may be a good time, but not everyone will be around Wednesday and Thursday nights. Thoughts? How many people will still be there Sunday evening?

SBETigg
09-24-2012, 11:27 AM
When would we fit this fun POP/Art poolside drinks time? It looks like before the official events start may be a good time, but not everyone will be around Wednesday and Thursday nights. Thoughts? How many people will still be there Sunday evening?

I'm there from Wednesday to Monday. I first said Tuesday to Monday, but I don't know what I was thinking. Wishing I had more time, I guess. I can't wait!

Mousefever
09-26-2012, 08:30 PM

I know that my roomie will be leaving during the day on Sunday, so I would rather not wait that long.

Maybe we could join up Thursday evening after some of us get back from 'Ohana. I know that I'm probably not going to make it to Universal unless a limo suddenly arrives to pick me up! We could meet at Petals Thursday around 9:30pm. The other alternative is to try to gather after we get back from Epcot Saturday night. Comments?

Amy

brownie
09-27-2012, 07:28 AM
I know that my roomie will be leaving during the day on Sunday, so I would rather not wait that long.

Maybe we could join up Thursday evening after some of us get back from 'Ohana. I know that I'm probably not going to make it to Universal unless a limo suddenly arrives to pick me up! We could meet at Petals Thursday around 9:30pm. The other alternative is to try to gather after we get back from Epcot Saturday night. Comments?

Amy

Thursday or Saturday works. We're headed to Epcot on Thursday and are planning on watching Illuminations, so we'd probably be able to be there by 10pm on Thursday.

JMTStone
09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Thursday or Saturday works. We're headed to Epcot on Thursday and are planning on watching Illuminations, so we'd probably be able to be there by 10pm on Thursday.

Thursday does not work for me. That's the night we are doing the MNSSHP. But Saturday works. Go from Jellyrolls, drop off the husband and the kids at AoA then mosey on over to Petals would work.

SBETigg
09-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Thursday does not work for me. That's the night we are doing the MNSSHP. But Saturday works. Go from Jellyrolls, drop off the husband and the kids at AoA then mosey on over to Petals would work.

But that would require an early exit from Jellyrolls. If we're just getting there after 9, I imagine most of us would be staying there until past closing at Petals? I don't know. It's hard to plan some things in advance, I guess. Maybe just impromptu meetings at Petals depending on who is over there at any given time? Phone number exchange to help with impromptu meetups perhaps?

BriarRose0708
09-27-2012, 11:06 AM
This is very tough since there's so much going on during a very short window of time! Maybe we could make them more of a Tweet-up and Text-up thing. Exchange phone numbers like Sherri suggested, send a text message to all and put it out on Twitter with our iCOT15 hashtag. Whenever someone is at the pool bar hanging out for a bit, send the message out and anyone who's in the vicinity and wants to come can make their way over.

I know for myself, I will be at Petals Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights :marg:

JMTStone
09-27-2012, 01:24 PM
This is very tough since there's so much going on during a very short window of time! Maybe we could make them more of a Tweet-up and Text-up thing. Exchange phone numbers like Sherri suggested, send a text message to all and put it out on Twitter with our iCOT15 hashtag. Whenever someone is at the pool bar hanging out for a bit, send the message out and anyone who's in the vicinity and wants to come can make their way over.

I know for myself, I will be at Petals Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights :marg:

I like this idea. #intercot "JMTStone is at the pool bar at AoA. Look for the lady with the :marg: and an injured Yeti t-shirt"

John
09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Hahtag on Twitter for the event is #ICOT15 :)

Jared
09-27-2012, 01:42 PM
As a general rule, I'll be up for anything at just about any time. So just keep me in the loop. If anyone needs my cell phone number, feel free to reach out or ask Nikki (or a bunch of other people who already have it).

BriarRose0708
09-27-2012, 02:14 PM
As a general rule, I'll be up for anything at just about any time. So just keep me in the loop. If anyone needs my cell phone number, feel free to reach out or ask Nikki (or a bunch of other people who already have it).

Hello my name is Nikki, and I am Jared's personal communications coordinator. Please forward all messages and requests through me :cool:

Also, if anyone would like to follow me on Twitter my handle is @dancernl I will likely be tweeting profusely through the weekend!

JMTStone
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
I follow @INTERCOT and now @jmtmstone is following @dancernl.

So, a sample tweet would be "JMTStone (Melissa) is at Jellyrolls with the whole @INTERCOT crew at #ICOT15 wearing her broken Yeti shirt"

John
09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
You could also checkin on FourSquare too and mention ICOT15 in the comments

Jared
09-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Hello my name is Nikki, and I am Jared's personal communications coordinator. Please forward all messages and requests through me :cool:
You should be so lucky. ;)

Dsnygirl
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm in for the tweeting - I'm @dsnygirl, and have just started following those of you who I'm just getting tweeter names from today! :)

Bear in mind, tho, I am dismal at tweeting the way it's supposed to be done... barely understand the whole "hashtag" thing and could really use a private lesson before we get down there... :blush: ;)

PM me if you'd like my cell - might be easier, in my world... :D

I am up for anything, although will be attending the evening events, so unsure I will make it to Petals, esp as I'm staying DVC w/ a friend and have NO idea how to manage getting around between resorts and DVC places. But I can still try!!

Katzateer
09-27-2012, 05:52 PM
I don't tweet or really get on any other sites except Facebook so.....if a day or time is. Decided if it is posted in this discussion I will check it while we are at WDW and try to meet.
the best night for us would be Wednesday or maybe Thursday.

anyone wants to meet for breakfast at AOA or just to visit by the pool .........if anyone that is going to be around wants to exchange cell phone # let me know

Dopey's Girl
09-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I love all the technology options. Makes impromptu meets so much easier!

I'm @MnMegK on twitter and am off to follow all of you. I'm sure I'll be tweeting most of the weekend too!

SBETigg
09-27-2012, 08:21 PM
If you're not following me yet, I'm @sherrierwin on Twitter.

JMTStone
09-27-2012, 10:50 PM
But that would require an early exit from Jellyrolls. If we're just getting there after 9, I imagine most of us would be staying there until past closing at Petals? I don't know.

You're right.... I did underestimate the timing. I don't think DH and DD will want to stay at Jellyrolls too long.... Perhaps the chance of enjoying a :marg: at Petals while my DH and DD were back at AoA got me a bit too excited. I love them but they don't get the "meet" as much as I do.

Jared
09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm @jareddiamond on Twitter. Blythe, I saw you added me to that list. Thanks!

If anybody wants a quick Twitter tutorial in the weeks leading up to the meet, feel free to give me a shout. I'm glad to help however I can.

AgentC
09-28-2012, 12:15 AM
I am @cindyjachrimo on Twitter and you will probably find me there waaay too much. I will add everyone to my follow list this weekend.

Imalismom
09-28-2012, 03:10 AM
No surprise on my Twitter name: @imalismom

Okay - so I have added everyone on here taht has a twitter name to my twitter - or at least I THINK I did - if I am not following you- can you add me - because that means I did something wrong :mickey:

but if you really want to get a hold of me, PM me for my cell number -- I text a lot better than I Twitter

Imalismom
09-28-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm @jareddiamond on Twitter. Blythe, I saw you added me to that list. Thanks!

If anybody wants a quick Twitter tutorial in the weeks leading up to the meet, feel free to give me a shout. I'm glad to help however I can.

See, I just followed you and found something out about you I did not know - sportswriter - so please PM me and tell me what you think about the TEXANS this year LOL!

Imalismom
09-28-2012, 07:34 AM
You could also checkin on FourSquare too and mention ICOT15 in the comments

John (or anyone else) how do you do that on twitter?????

John
09-28-2012, 08:54 AM
John (or anyone else) how do you do that on twitter?????

FourSquare is a seperate program. Download it and check it out. Then when you checkin somewhere it will send the update to twitter or facebook if you opt for it to.

BriarRose0708
09-28-2012, 09:34 AM
No surprise on my Twitter name: @imalismom

Okay - so I have added everyone on here that has a twitter name to my twitter - or at least I THINK I did - if I am not following you - can you add me - because that means I did something wrong :mickey:

but if you really want to get a hold of me, PM me for my cell number -- I text a lot better than I Twitter

Hey there, I followed you back!

Thanks for all the follows everyone. Can't wait to Tweet with y'all!

figgie
09-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I have no idea how to tweet, hahaha. This is where my lack of tech knowledge shows. Never thought anything interesting happened in my life that others would be interested in but I guess it's what others are doing that is worth following? Maybe I need to learn another new thing since I've finally got facebook down, well some of facebook down. Now, if I just understood what this FourSquare thing is.....

Jared
09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
See, I just followed you and found something out about you I did not know - sportswriter - so please PM me and tell me what you think about the TEXANS this year LOL!
Love the Texans. Definitely a Super Bowl contender.

Dsnygirl
09-28-2012, 05:45 PM
FourSquare is a seperate program. Download it and check it out. Then when you checkin somewhere it will send the update to twitter or facebook if you opt for it to.

Aaarrrggghhh.... and I was just figuring out Twitter... off to get myself completely befuddled all over again..... :D

JMTStone
09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
FourSquare installed. I'm working late (ugh) but very happy that our trip is only 4 weeks away. I can't wait for the breakfast meet. I have a feeling its gonna be a blast!

I'm putting reminders from the calendar of events of things I'm planning on attending. Tequila tasting sounds like fun. We did it on the ship but I'm interested to hear the "take" from people from Mexico (CMs).

John
09-28-2012, 07:57 PM
The event app will have a built in scheduler that you can add events to....

That will be released in the next week and it works on all mobile operating systems.

JMTStone
09-28-2012, 08:14 PM
The event app will have a built in scheduler that you can add events to....

That will be released in the next week and it works on all mobile operating systems.
YOU ROCK! I was just manually inputting things into my outlook calendar so it synched up to my iPhone.

I also just downloaded all of the podcasts. I have to work some more tomorrow (after a 13 hour day today....) so it should help me keep in a good mood.

Melanie
09-28-2012, 08:17 PM
I also just downloaded all of the podcasts. I have to work some more tomorrow (after a 13 hour day today....) so it should help me keep in a good mood.

You aren't planning on listening to them all tomorrow are you? lol! You might get through 3 in a day. We like to talk.

Carol
09-28-2012, 08:52 PM
We like to talk.We???? It's the guys. :yes:

:yeti:

Dsnygirl
09-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Tequila tasting sounds like fun. We did it on the ship but I'm interested to hear the "take" from people from Mexico (CMs).

I'm looking forward to this, too, but also am planning on being at the Off Kilter meet (:cloud9: them... ) so wondering just how fast I can toss back my tequila?? :D

We???? It's the guys. :yes:

:yeti:

:rotfl:

JMTStone
09-29-2012, 10:00 AM
You aren't planning on listening to them all tomorrow are you? lol! You might get through 3 in a day. We like to talk.

Worked 8 AM to 8:30 PM yesterday and got here at 8 today. Expecting about the same. Hopefully tomorrow is just a few hours so I *think* I can listen to them all....

The life of an I.T. person..... sigh

Mousefever
09-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Well, Jeezum Crow! It appears I have to become more technologically advanced! I'll try to get twitter up and running in the next few days.

Amy

Mousefever
09-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I am @almckean72 on twitter. I still have no idea what I'm doing.

Amy

TikiGoddess
09-30-2012, 06:43 AM
I am @tikigoddess on Twitter.

Kathy

BrerGnat
09-30-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm

@brergnat on Twitter.

Like many, I basically don't know what I'm doing either, but this tutorial helped immensely! I'm really good at reading my Twitter feed, though! :blush:

BriarRose0708
09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
I am @tikigoddess on Twitter.

Kathy

I am @almckean72 on twitter. I still have no idea what I'm doing.

Amy

I'm

@brergnat on Twitter.

Like many, I basically don't know what I'm doing either, but this tutorial helped immensely! I'm really good at reading my Twitter feed, though! :blush:

Following you all now!

Imalismom
09-30-2012, 12:47 PM
@tikigoddess - pending approval
@almckean72
@brergnat

still not sure 100% that I am doing things correctly, but I just added you three also.... :party:

JMTStone
09-30-2012, 02:30 PM
@jmtmstone