PDA

View Full Version : Is there construction at the GF??

CMCTxMom
09-12-2012, 09:40 AM
I had heard that they were building at the Grand Floridian - allegedly a DVC. Is there construction there right now? I have a friend wanting to go Columbus Day and is afraid there's too much construction... Thanks. :mickey:

Itchy
09-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Sorry to say but there is construction going on right now and it looks like there will be for a while. They just have a skeleton of a building with concrete floors now.

We just got back from WDW last Saturday. I am not sure how much noise there is though.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes, there is construction going on, and some refurbs at GF, but I couldn't tell you how much impact it would have. The DVC section is separate from the main building so I wouldn't think it would impact you too much.

VWL Mom
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
In addition to the DVC there are some refurbs going on too. I believe, during the month of October, the courtyard pool, Gasparilla Grill, and one of the shops (don't remember which one) will be closed.

SBETigg
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
In addition to the DVC there are some refurbs going on too. I believe, during the month of October, the courtyard pool, Gasparilla Grill, and one of the shops (don't remember which one) will be closed.

Yes, it's not a good time to try the GF for the first time unless there's a fantastic discount involved. If she's a GF vet, it might be a minor inconvenience, but if she's excited about trying the resort for the first time, she's catching it at a bad time.

Keneva
09-14-2012, 07:41 PM
We were at the GF for 4 days in mid August for the first time and it was fine. There was construction on the fringe of the resort but we didn't hear it at all. Since then, other parts of the resort have gone down for referb. Do your homework and figure out if you were really looking forward to that particular feature. Most of the resort is just fine and there is a lot of stuff there to enjoy. There is always a lot of construction/referb at Disney World.:thumbsup: