PDA

View Full Version : Help! Feb/march!

beckylovestink
09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I was originally planning on my next visit in oct 2013. But new circumstances are making me think about Feb or March of 2013. I want lower crowds and no cheer groups. I know weather is variable...any great weeks?

Thank you!!!:secret:

princessgirls
09-12-2012, 09:34 AM
We went in March of 2009...it was more crowded than August. No joke!!

February/March/April are extremely busy times in WDW. All of us people who are sick of the cold and winter flock down in droves!!!!
Every school has different spring break weeks, it's just busy!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyFr33k
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
We are going the first week of February and I was told my other Intercotee's that this week has usually low attendance without the cheering events as well.

Someone correct me if I misunderstood.

Itchy
09-12-2012, 10:01 AM
We have gone the week of Valentines day and the crowds were not bad. There were a few of the cheerleaders left from the week before but if you stay some place other than a value I think you would be ok.

Valentines day can get a little crowded as I have seen a lot of proposals going on. If I remember correctly they were at the MK.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

DisneyDINK
09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
We are going the first week of February and I was told my other Intercotee's that this week has usually low attendance without the cheering events as well.

Someone correct me if I misunderstood.

That's my understanding. I'm going in early February. Supposedly, the crowds don't get bad until the Friday of Presidents' Day Weekend. I'm going the weekend of the 9th, hoping the BTGs will want to be back home for Carnival.

Disneymom4ever
09-12-2012, 10:47 AM
We actually went the first week of March this year, and I was actually surprised by how low the crowds were. That was the first time going then, as we usually go in August, or at Christmas. So perhaps I'm just used to the crowds. But I remember my son and I saying as we were just walking on to the rides "Wow, we need to start coming at this time of year!" Perhaps we were just lucky that week.

sommer
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
We were there Feb. 2 - 10 this year and it was great! Low crowds, and nice weather. We saw a few groups, but they didn't disrupt our fun at all.

AgentC
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes, the beginning of February is usually pretty light though the weather is very variable.

President's Day weekend is busier since most schools have a Monday off.

Late February through March begin to build as schools take spring break and continues to be very busy through Easter. How busy April is can really depend on where Easter falls. We went last year at the end of April and the crowds were not bad.

A good rule of thumb is Disney expects high attendance when there is a block out date for the FL seasonal passes. In 2013 , seasonals are blocked out from March 23rd through April 5th. You may want to stay away from those weeks if possible.

beksy
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
It looks like for 2013 we are having a late Easter and other sites are predicting low crowds for the first week of March. I think that's when we are aiming for.

Gator
09-12-2012, 06:35 PM
If you're trying to avoid cheer groups AND crowds, you'll need to go in January. I've run into cheer groups the first week of February several times, and the crowds pick up after that week.

eandrsmom
09-13-2012, 03:43 PM
The cheer groups we've been around haven't been bad. I think if you're considering January, you may run into Brazilian tour groups. As far as February, you may need to check the dates for President's Week, Mardi Gras, and Daytona to avoid some of those crowds.

bruin1344
09-13-2012, 05:01 PM
used to go there regularly the week of Valentine's Day. The crowds were manageable. The weather was generally fine with temps ranging from 40 degrees at night to 80 degrees at day.