PDA

View Full Version : "Selective Demolition" on Wonders of Life Pavilion

azcavalier
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Apparently Disney has filed a permit to do some demolition on the Wonders of Life pavilion. That sounds like there will be some changes coming, but that they're not planning to just raze the site for new construction. No idea what they're going to do, but it's kind of nice to see that they're doing *something*.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Probably creating another Character greeting area!

waymickey
09-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Probably creating another Character greeting area!

:ack: :ill: no no no no

I hope it is an attraction of some sort not a meet and greet!

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Nothing to see here... Just making it more "event" friendly... No attraction or new pavilion... Sorry folks...

waymickey
09-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Nothing to see here... Just making it more "event" friendly... No attraction or new pavilion... Sorry folks...

Boo :cry: I was hoping for something new.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
There was some suggestions/thoughts that they might be removing the theatre setups inside the dome (goofy/making of me) to provide more open working space.

I, for one, do miss Cranium Command and Body Wars. Maybe not the best pavilion, but I do have some good memories of it. :(

cuteduck223
09-12-2012, 01:00 PM
i miss cranium command and body wars too..i always felt like i was at a science center, but it was more fun!

azcavalier
09-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Hey, more green space is a good thing! Maybe they'll put in some nice landscaping. Even if all they do is tear down unused buildings, that's an improvement. It's less of an eyesore (or a reminder to those who loved the attraction).

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey, more green space is a good thing! Maybe they'll put in some nice landscaping. Even if all they do is tear down unused buildings, that's an improvement. It's less of an eyesore (or a reminder to those who loved the attraction).

Yea, I agree.. Sadly, event operations own that building now and that is all WOL will be used for in the near and distant future...

Actually, I say tear it down and build a new pavilion dedicated to weather... But that would mean spending money on something the guests would be able to use LOL...

DisneyDawgette
09-29-2012, 10:09 PM
i miss cranium command and body wars too..i always felt like i was at a science center, but it was more fun!

:ditto:I LOVED Body Wars. Holy cow, my parents hated it when we would get near that side of the park because I had a one-track mind from there on out. It was like the Magic School Bus on steroids. Which translates into ultimate epicness.

Granny Jill A
10-04-2012, 01:42 PM
I miss Cranium Command, but not much else in the Wonders of Life pavilion. Really liked the DNA double helix, though.

What EPCOT could really use is a place where you can rent a cot for much-needed nap ;)

DizneyFreak2002
10-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I miss Cranium Command, but not much else in the Wonders of Life pavilion. Really liked the DNA double helix, though.

What EPCOT could really use is a place where you can rent a cot for much-needed nap ;)

No need.. Just visit Universe of Energy... :thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
10-04-2012, 05:26 PM
No need.. Just visit Universe of Energy... :thumbsup:

Oh, yes..... but there are all those noisy dinosaurs waking you up. :sleepin:

SandmanGStefani24
11-16-2012, 12:53 PM
:ditto:I LOVED Body Wars. Holy cow, my parents hated it when we would get near that side of the park because I had a one-track mind from there on out. It was like the Magic School Bus on steroids. Which translates into ultimate epicness.

same here! I would love to see a newer version of it, but ANYTHING would be great...some attraction instead of convention space...