PDA

View Full Version : Oswald Merchandise Coming to the Parks

Melanie
09-12-2012, 08:22 AM
From Disney Parks Blog:

New Oswald The Lucky Rabbit Merchandise Coming to Disney Parks

posted on September 10th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

As my fellow author Jennifer Fickley-Baker recently shared, this week marks the debut of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. At Disney Theme Park Merchandise, we’ve introduced a variety of Oswald merchandise this past year in honor of his 85th anniversary. Being a fan of Walt Disney Company history, I find it wonderful to see so many new items featuring this classic character. Here is a quick look at some of the Oswald merchandise.

One of the more celebrated (and highly desired) items created this year was an Oswald hat. The hat was created for our partners with Disney Interactive Studios to celebrate the upcoming release of Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two on November 18. The hats were distributed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo and at San Diego Comic Con this past summer. I’m happy to report a Disney Parks version will be released in late October/early November. The hat features a different Oswald logo than the previous hat but is still just as awesome (I intend to wear it while playing the game).

This past summer also saw the opening of Oswald’s on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. This new location contains a variety of “road trip essentials” including autograph books, hats, bag and more. During a recent visit to the park, I spotted the amazing vintage-inspired knitted Oswald plush. Denise Edelmaier, product developer for plush, said that the knitted plush was in development for about three years as they finally found a way to make the plush extra soft (early versions were too coarse).

Oswald also found his way onto a popular men’s tee-shirt and a collectible big figurine (or “big fig” as we sometimes call it) designed by Disney Design Group artist Randy Noble.

Disney pins started celebrating Oswald in January by releasing an 85th anniversary pin. We also released an open-edition pin, a limited-edition pin and a Hidden Mickey pin for Disneyland Resort. Look for another open-edition pin next spring.

But one of my favorite items (besides the hat) will be a new 3-inch Vinylmation figure from the Classic Collection series designed by Disney artist Eric Caszatt. Planned for release in early November, Oswald will be the mystery chaser figure. I know, it’s a spoiler but I couldn’t resist – the figure looks great!

Melanie
09-12-2012, 08:23 AM
While I think they are adorable, I think I might laugh out loud when I see someone wearing the ears in the park. :D

Love the Vinylmation. Will be a popular chaser for sure!

Dopey's Girl
09-12-2012, 09:55 AM
I saw this last night on FB, and am so hoping that the hat is there for Icot15. You cant laugh at me then Mel, because there is no way I will be able to pass that up!

DisneyGirl85
09-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Love the Vinylmation. Will be a popular chaser for sure!

Agreed! The vinylmation is awesome!

Melanie
09-12-2012, 10:59 AM
I saw this last night on FB, and am so hoping that the hat is there for Icot15. You cant laugh at me then Mel, because there is no way I will be able to pass that up!

Oh Meg, I promise I won't laugh at you. I'll giggle! :D

Like I said, it's adorable. It will be so funny to see it in person though.

Dopey's Girl
09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh Meg, I promise I won't laugh at you. I'll giggle! :D

Like I said, it's adorable. It will be so funny to see it in person though.

I give you full permission to laugh. I will be laughing at myself. Only in WDW do 'grown ups' have license to act like kids and get away with it. I'm taking full advantage!

Elias1901
09-12-2012, 04:32 PM
The Oswald plush that I picked-up from my work at the Disney Store look way better than those plushies in that picture... he just seems so thin and stretched out and his material is weird. Sure, it may be more soft that the past versions, but to me, the look of it trumps the "softness". A plush is soft no matter what. :(

Everything else looks neat though!!

Joannelet
09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Speaking of Oswald merchandise....I was just at Target the other day and lots of Oswald shirts for the kiddies are being sold there.
By the way, I love that pin of him! So cute! I am not a pin fan but that is too cute!

BrerGnat
09-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Speaking of Oswald merchandise....I was just at Target the other day and lots of Oswald shirts for the kiddies are being sold there.

Not just Oswald! The Disney Artist colletction for kids and men is really great. For women? Not so much. :(

Dopey's Girl
09-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Not just Oswald! The Disney Artist colletction for kids and men is really great. For women? Not so much. :(

I know! What's up with that. The kids and guys can have cute stuff, but not us?! I saw the guys stuff first, and was excited to see what they had for women, and was really sad at the selection.