PDA

View Full Version : Good place to buy used pins?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm not into nor do I plan on getting into Disney Pin trading, but we have an upcoming trip after Thanksgiving and I thought for my 3 DD (ages 10-7-5) that having a lanyard with pins they can trade and I could care less about, might make for an enjoyable experience, especially if we are queue waiting and they can interact with CM's.

I know on Ebay it looks like you can get a lot of 25 pins for a reasonable price. Any thoughts on this or other venues? I check our regional Craigslistings but have only seen more commerative pin sets and not bulk selling.

Thanks for the help.

Brer_Fox
09-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I would say EBAY is your best bet. You can usually find sellers selling lots of 25 and upwards of pins.

I have done this in the past and even got a few pins to keep.

Pin trading is a lot of fun and I hope your DD has a blast.

Claudielou
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I get ours at mousepins.com you'll probably find them on ebay. I think that is where I ordered from the first time.:mickey:

tinksmom02
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
I always get them from eBay and have never had an issue. I make sure to check the seller's rating and items sold, and where they're selling from. You want to make sure you get authentic Disney pins.

mook3y
09-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Also, depending on how fast you need them, pay attention to where they ship from. It could take a while to get pins delivered from China.

Kenny1113
09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
If you have a Disney outlet store near you that could be another option. I got some cheap pins for the kids to trade from one. Turns out they really liked them and didn't want to trade them! Go figure.

Disney4us2
09-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I get my traders on Ebay from only one seller, real.cool.stuff. He has his auctions for 26 pins, 25 + 1 free. I have not had any problems with this seller and he ships quickly.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I get my traders on Ebay from only one seller, real.cool.stuff. He has his auctions for 26 pins, 25 + 1 free. I have not had any problems with this seller and he ships quickly.

Thanks Marci, I will look for this seller. The girls don't know yet that we are going, so I was thinking about surprising them with a bunch of pins and then when they start wondering why they got them, we can tell them "isn't it obvious..so you can trade them while you are at Disney World".

Ebay seemed liked the most obvious choice but good to get other opinions/options.

Thanks.

missastrocat
10-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I also got some from real.cool.stuff. I researched them before and after I got the pins. Two of the 25 were heavily traded previously but the rest are good. DH and I are even keeping three of them. We are looking forward to trading and meeting new people.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
I also got some from real.cool.stuff. I researched them before and after I got the pins. Two of the 25 were heavily traded previously but the rest are good. DH and I are even keeping three of them. We are looking forward to trading and meeting new people.

I just got my pin order from the auctions I won from real.cool.stuff $50 pins for less than $25, so was happy with that.

I wouldn't know or begin to know if a pin is heavily traded or not (are you talking about condition?). I plan on laying the 50 out and then let each of my three girls pick one out until they are gone and then we'll get lanyards and they can trade or keep. Not going to get sucked into another collecting hobby.

Capt_redshirt
11-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I just got my pin order from the auctions I won from real.cool.stuff $50 pins for less than $25, so was happy with that.

I wouldn't know or begin to know if a pin is heavily traded or not (are you talking about condition?). I plan on laying the 50 out and then let each of my three girls pick one out until they are gone and then we'll get lanyards and they can trade or keep. Not going to get sucked into another collecting hobby.

It doesn't matter if the pin is heavily traded unless your trading with non cast members.. the great thing about cast members is they don't buy their pins or have any attachment to them as long as it wont leave a double on their lanyard they will trade with you... The other thing that you have to be careful with is the reviews on eBay. if your seeing the word scrappers often and the seller doesn't respond to them don't buy from them most likely they can get you those prices because they are not getting them straight from Disney but from china....