PDA

View Full Version : WDW in March?

BKBrinkman
09-11-2012, 01:19 PM
We're considering a trip to WDW in March 2013 during spring break. Has anyone travelled there then? If so, are less attractions opened than in June or July? Also, does anyone know if there are ever any free dining plans offered in March?
Thanks!

faline
09-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Easter is on March 31st next year. I would try to stay away from the week leading into Easter as that is likely to be quite busy.

March is one of the few months of the year in which I have not visited Disney World. In general, though, it is part of the busy spring break season which runs from Presidents Day in February through the week following Easter. Some weeks are better than others but it's hard to predict as it depends on school vacation calendars.

Typically, Disney will always have some rides / attractions down for refurbishment though they do try to minimize the closures during the busiest times of year.

Kenny1113
09-11-2012, 02:55 PM
We did March this year (our spring break). Weather was wonderful and crowds were manageable (although they were a 10 on the crowd calendar), with the right plan. most of the rides were open except for Test Track and BTMRR Which were under refurb.
Have fun! :mickey:

LVT
09-14-2012, 11:38 AM
We have done Spring Break a few times. I noted that MK park hours were extended several times on our trips. They seemed to have plenty of buses and employees to accommodate the crowds. It is much easier to tolerate crowds when the temperature is moderate.:thumbsup:

Eric87
09-17-2012, 06:44 PM
We did the second week of March a few years ago and it was a great time. I don't think free dining was offered at the time. The weather was nice warmed up during the day and cool in the mornings and evenings. The park hours weren't open late, but we must have been there before spring break season. I don't remember any significant rides being down while we were there either. Have fun on your trip!

faline
09-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Some weeks, but not all, are as busy as summer or even, at times busier. Very busy weeks include Presidents' Day Week and Easter week. The week leading into Easter can also be quite busy.