PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Character Meal

Gator
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
On another thread, I was talking with someone about how much I, as an adult, really love character meals. Infact, I'd go to them if I didn't have kids. It got me thinking about which one is my favorite.

For me, my favorite was always Liberty Tree, and I'm hoping the charactes come back one day.

Here's the list to choose from:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Libety Tree Tavern (Bring'em back!)
1900 Park Faire
Ohana
Chef Mickey's
Garden Grill
Akershus/Norway
Donald's Breakfast/Lunch Safari
Cape May Cafe

Dopey's Girl
09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I voted for Crystal Palace. I love the breakfast there. It was hard though, because I love the strawberry soup at 1900 Park!

BriarRose0708
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I voted for Norway (personal choice for a meal would be breakfast), simply because I think it's the best value. Cheaper than CRT, same princesses, better character interaction (imo) a photo package included in the price, and the food is yummy!

I did really like characters at LTT as well, especially on Halloween Party nights.

mydisneygirls
09-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I voted for 1900 Park Fare....I think the stepsisters are a hoot!

darthmacho
09-11-2012, 02:37 PM
I think this is a really difficult question. The best character breakfast I've ever experienced was Garden Grill, but they only serve dinner now, though I love that too. Chef Mickey's is a favorite of mine, as is Akershus (I love the princesses), and we had a nice breakfast at Tusker House this year.
I voted, however, for Crystal Palace, because it is the one meal (breakfast) that has become a WDW tradition for us. At this point, I can't imagine a WDW vacation that doesn't start out with breakfast there. :mickey:

Gator
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I voted for Norway (personal choice for a meal would be breakfast), simply because I think it's the best value. Cheaper than CRT, same princesses, better character interaction (imo) a photo package included in the price, and the food is yummy!

This is my pick for current open Character meals. Al the reasons you listed are right there for me, and I never miss this meal on a WDW trip - except for last time, which made me realize how much I like it. I really love the food there at lunch. Your right again - yummy!

Brer_Fox
09-11-2012, 03:24 PM
By far the Donald's Breakfast Safari at AK.

Whats not to love about seeing Donald and Daisy Duck at Breakfast. The food offered is great and it seems to be less crowded to me.

Gator
09-11-2012, 04:24 PM
By far the Donald's Breakfast Safari at AK.

Whats not to love about seeing Donald and Daisy Duck at Breakfast. The food offered is great and it seems to be less crowded to me.

I've got my first visit planned for a lunch this December for lunch. Do you mean that it's not crowded just at breakfast, or it's really not crowded for a character meal?:confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-11-2012, 04:33 PM
This was a hard one.

The best food is at Tusker House, but the stepsisters at 1900 Park Fare are a hoot.

But, I chose Garden Grill, just because we've had AMAZING character interaction each time, the food is good and sitting in one of the booths makes for a great break from the park, and plus, the restaurant rotates! :thumbsup:

CosmicRay
09-11-2012, 04:45 PM
LTT is a MUST for me every time I go. I wished I would have been able to go when it was a character meal, that would have just made it more fun!

Brer_Fox
09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I've got my first visit planned for a lunch this December for lunch. Do you mean that it's not crowded just at breakfast, or it's really not crowded for a character meal?:confused:

I have never tried the Character Meal at lunch... but if I had to guess it would be more crowded just because of more people in the park looking for food.

The breakfast I have notice seems to have more adults with older kids, or adults with no kids like me.:mickey:

Breakfast for Donald at AK (IMHO) is usually less crowded because of when you have to get up, AK is far from the majority of the resorts so you have to be up and ready to go early to get to the park, plus you have to walk all the way to Africa for your reservation.
Just a theory of mine.

Either way I know you will enjoy it. Its by far my favorite character meal... I mean who doesnt love Donald Duck.:donald:

Lindsey310
09-11-2012, 08:01 PM
That's a tough one. We really really love the best friends breakfast at Ohana and the cape may cafe breakfast at the beach club. I am still obsessed with the character breakfasts as an adult! Good thing my husband loves them too! :mickey:

Gator
09-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Either way I know you will enjoy it. Its by far my favorite character meal... I mean who doesnt love Donald Duck.:donald:

I love Donald, so anything featuring him I latch onto. I've just always gone to Flame Tree at AK and saved the TS meal for a resort later that evening. But you've got me pumped. Can't wait to try the food and hoop it up with Donald.

jnfr2424
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Our fave is Garden Grill love that it rotates and
It like a big secret with the characters - they dont come out until you are out of the entrance part

Mousemates
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
our fave was the garden grill...had lots of interaction with our favorite classic characters

Gator
09-13-2012, 03:03 PM
our fave was the garden grill...had lots of interaction with our favorite classic characters

If it weren't for the extreme loud environment, I would be tempted to go back. But I wasn't a fan of the food either. Character interaction was good, and we love Chip and Dale. Wish they were back at LTT.

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Voted for Garden Grill. Best atmosphere, best character interaction, and best food consistently going back to the days when it was "The Good Turn". :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
09-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Had to pick 'Ohana... we love so many, but there's something about the ambiance and the traditional characters mixed in with Lilo and Stitch that we really love. Second choice would have been Crystal Palace for bkfst... it's our first meal at Disney always!! :cloud9:

Simba's Mom
09-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I think it's interesting how, with the exception of CRT, there isn't any overwhelming dud or overwhelming favorite. I know that our least favorite is Crystal Palace, because of the characters. Last time there we waited over an hour for Tigger to come around. At Cape May, it seems like there's someone (by "someone" I mean a character)there every 15 minutes or so. Chef Mickey's was pretty good for us in that respect. We weren't so fortunate at 1900 Park Faire-also, there, without warning, they divided our party of 10, into 2 tables. Most people are told when they reserve, but we weren't. Any other places with particularly good or bad character interaction?

Melanie
09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Far and away, we love Ohana for breakfast. The combination of great character interaction, family-style service and location make this a top notch choice for us. In fact, this is our "best of" topic on our upcoming podcast. :thumbsup:

A close second is Tusker House. Love Donald, and have always loved this AK breakfast since it was Breakfastasaurus.

I PERSONALLY will never get the appeal of Chef Mickey's. Yikes...way too much excitement and activity for me at 7am. ;)

amorillo
09-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Do i have to pick only one? :D I guess it would have to be Donald's Bkfst Safari. The food is yummy! The characters are great. This has been our first morning tradition since 2002.

Although, two of my favorite memories were at LTT. One was during our first big family trip (my family, my little sister, and my big brother's family) my nephew was very young and as pluto came around he whispered "woof" in his ear! oh my, you should have seen his face... i think the whole table was laughing hysterically. The second was during a MNSSHP and all the waiters and waitresses were made up like ghosts... and the characters all had masks on! very cool. (i do miss the characters there, we haven't been back since they left).

Cinderelley
09-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Oh darn! I somehow missed the Liberty Tree Tavern selection. That would have been my first choice. Bring Them Back!

ANG
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Chef Mickeys!

disneymom2000
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow. No clear cut winner here which is good in my book. That means we are getting a diverse group in the World.

JerseyDad
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
.....for me ....a vacation without a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare ....just wouldn't be complete. I mean ...what more could an overgrown kid ask for to start the day before heading to the MK:

Super food
A great Bloody Mary
My yearly photo with Pooh

....every year I leave there stuffed, and happy!! Now point me in the direction of the Carousel of Progress......:D

ranty
09-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I chose Ohana. Maybe it was more of the fact we went to the poly! (still don't know how people can afford to stay there! That's another thread in itself) however, I loved the food and atmosphere. The parade for my children was great fun. Ohhh and great bread and coffee.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
My vote went to the Crystal Palace, specifically breakfast. Part of our family tradtion and being in the Magic Kingdom when it is nearly empty is pretty special.

Wolf
09-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Gator- I'm 25 and Moma Wolf is ...Older than 25 lol and we always just travel us two and we always do at least one Character Meal, this upcoming trip (9 days flail!!!) we are doing Garden Grill (First time trying this) and also Cape May (Fantastic) so you'll get zero judgement from us! :)