PDA

View Full Version : Renting a car at MCO

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
I will be flying in on a Sunday morning and flying home the following day, Monday night. That counts as two days, right? What is the most hassle-free car rental company at the Orlando airport? I have no carry on luggage and want to hit the road as soon as possible.

Thanks!

BugeyedMuggy
09-11-2012, 01:41 PM
We rented from Dollar in July and it was so easy and fast. We signed in before hand on line which made the process a whole lot faster.

Dopey's Girl
09-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I nearly always use Alamo. You can google and get some decient coupon rates, and they have these kiosks that you can use at MCO that never have a line. It's very hassle free!

MargaretMessler
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
A "day" generally consists of a 24 hour period, even though it crosses over two days.

epceddie
09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
If you're an Emerald Aisle member with National, you head right to the parking lot and pick whatever car you want from the Emerald Aisle. Then you drive to the exit and you're on your way in a couple of minutes. It's super quick and super efficient.

BrerGnat
09-12-2012, 08:21 AM
If you're an Emerald Aisle member with National, you head right to the parking lot and pick whatever car you want from the Emerald Aisle. Then you drive to the exit and you're on your way in a couple of minutes. It's super quick and super efficient.

Hertz Gold is the same way.

However, with ANY rental car company, if you are a "new" member of their preferred program, the first visit requires you to stop at the counter to verify your identity, show your driver's license, credit card, etc.

We use Hertz. We always find they provide good service and newer cars (usually Toyotas).

I know I've seen some LOOOONNG lines at some of the car rental companies at MCO. Budget and Dollar come to mind as always having LONG lines.

MargaretMessler
09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
I've never experienced a long line at any of the agencies I've used at the airport, but maybe because I tend to arrive at the "off" times, which is generally very early or very late.

I love the whole pick a car and drive off thing though.