PDA

View Full Version : New Kali Lockers

alliekat
09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
From a website:
"Good news for those of you who like to get soaked on Kali Rapids, but want to keep some of your items out of harms way.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is about to begin offering complimentary locker rental for two hours for anyone riding Kali Rapids. The new lockers are located just by the restroom near to the Kali main entrance. If you want the full day locker rental, you can still rent those at the front of the park as normal."

This is a great idea I wonder how it's going to work though.:mickey:

Melanie
09-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Surprised they've never done this before, since it's been done forever at Grizzly River Run at California Adventure. Glad to hear this!

Dsnygirl
09-11-2012, 06:26 AM
From a website:
"Good news for those of you who like to get soaked on Kali Rapids, but want to keep some of your items out of harms way.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is about to begin offering complimentary locker rental for two hours for anyone riding Kali Rapids. The new lockers are located just by the restroom near to the Kali main entrance. If you want the full day locker rental, you can still rent those at the front of the park as normal."

This is a great idea I wonder how it's going to work though.:mickey:

Yeah!! I don't mind getting wet, but I always worry about all the electronics we seem to carry with us these days. Good news!! :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
09-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Great news!! When we rode this last week, our stuff was not fully secure in the middle due to multiple people in our boats carrying backpacks. This would be a big help, great idea!!:mickey:

Mousemates
09-11-2012, 10:12 AM
glad to know its there...will be helpful since we won't have to bring ziplocks to keep phones and cameras dry when we visit AKL from now on.

Wolf
09-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Any idea if those are happening now or will be soon? This is a great idea!! :number1:

alliekat
09-15-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure when this will be specifically happening I get the impression though that it will be soon.

phillydan
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Halleluiah! We always wear swimsuits to the park and do Kali once or twice in the morning. I am always concerned about bringing our bag with our change of clothes onto the ride, since it doesn't quite fit in the storage area if others have large bags in there already. Plus, I hate lugging it through the line. This is a definite improvement!

Dixie Springs
10-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Good idea. And kudos on the complimentary aspect.

Grumpy.
10-01-2012, 10:19 PM
We were at AK last Wednesday and they were testing the locker use. People were using them.

figgie
10-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Great, finally! We have used these at other water rides elsewhere and are glad to see Disney finally catch up!:rain: