PDA

View Full Version : Just got an extra day

PETE FROM NYC
09-10-2012, 05:02 PM
We leave for BLT this Saturday, we are driving. I just went to check out my account on DVC site and found I was shorted on our leftover points. So we called membership services, and found out that our wait list for an extra day came through, but DVC never told us we got approved, and they deducted those points, and took the extra few from next years points. Now, because they never informed us, I have to buy another days worth of tickets. I got all of our passes from AAA last week.

Mfarquar
09-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I would make a formal complaint with DVC. What if you were flying?!

They should let you upgrade your existing passes to add an extra day. I'm just not sure it will cost the same as if you had bought the proper number of days from AAA. If this is the case, I would see if DVC will pick up the difference, although it should be nominal.That only seems fair!

VWL Mom
09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
I've noticed when booking online you do not get confirmation on waitlists, you need to go on and check it. You had to have authorized them to take points from next year, if not they wouldn't have confirmed it.

Now, if you booked it through member services and weren't notified, you may have a bone to pick.

buzznwoodysmom
09-10-2012, 07:06 PM
With so much to do outside the parks, do you really need to add a day to your tickets? I would just take that extra day to spend relaxing, doing things you've never gotten around to doing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
It shouldn't be a problem to add an extra day to your ticket.

Be sure to use your ticket to enter a park, and then you'll just have to pay the difference for the extra day, which isn't too much at all (depending on how many days you already had).

I'm sorry they didn't tell you, but now you have a "bonus" day! Enjoy!

Mfarquar
09-10-2012, 11:12 PM
We've considered buying DVC for years. It's good to know that if you book via certain methods there are no updates. Not what I would have expected and not super clear from the tour and the sales literature...