PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill (wine room) or Citrico's??

disneykidsince1970
09-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I am planning a 14 person special dinner for my sister's 40th bday. We had Citrico's Chef's Table all booked for 12 but then 2 more people rsvp'd yes and now, unless Citrico's will squeeze in 2 more (I am doubting it), we lose the Chef's Domain table and get the main dining room.

We normally LOVE Cali Grill. It is our traditional fave and we have had over-the-top, hands down - phenomenal service. However, the last two visits, over the last 12 months, the service has really....well, it stunk. bad. :ack: and food was less than our previously experienced "stellar!"

We also love Citrico's - we spent the Millenium there! But, we haven't had a proper meal there in a few years (altho we've stopped at the bar a few times). Service is historically very good. No complaints.

So... do I now go for...

Cali Grill wine room -
- no minimum charge
- a pseudo-privte dining experience
- do I chance recent poor service? - esp if room is far off the main room...

OR...

Citrico's main room

- Will the service be as good if we aren't at the Chef's Domain Table?
- we will have early seating at 5:30 to make Jellyrolls by 9. What will atmosphere be like in the main room at 5:30? I imagine a TOMB!? Not FESTIVE!

Big considerations are atmosphere (Wishes not on the list so not worried about seeing/missing it). Food quality, Service.

THANKS FOR ANY/ALL COMMENTS / ANECDOTES!!

SBETigg
09-10-2012, 05:31 PM
They're both really good choices. I like Citricos even when not at the Chef's Table. Though there have been reports of poor service, I've had stellar service- warm, friendly, the staff went out of their way for us.

But, I also love California Grill. And while I prefer the views in the main dining area, the wine room is a more intimate experience and we've had awesome service every time there. So... what do you prefer, and what's actually open for business while you're there. There are refurbs going on at the GF and the California Grill is going down for a lengthy refurb soon. So that might settle the issue for you.

lovin'fl
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I'd choose Citricos if it were me. But, we have never been to either, though my inlaws do Cali Grill a lot and have said it's not what it used to be. They did Citircos recently and loved it.