PDA

View Full Version : England or Morocco?

DisneyFr33k
09-10-2012, 02:21 PM
My DH and I are traveling in February to the World. We are debating between Rose & Crown and Restaurant Marrakesh for lunch. Which would you recommend?

SBETigg
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Morocco is okay, but I love that English pub feel of the Rose and Crown. I don't think either one would be a bad choice, though, depending on your mood and how you feel about the menus.

darthmacho
09-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I'll probably be one of the few that votes for Morocco. I have no doubt that the Rose and Crown is a great place, but I can enjoy several places here at home that would compare to an English or Irish style pub, and fish and chips are not hard to come by either.

It's a rare treat to get the more exotic fare of Marrakesh for me. I like spicy foods (not necessarily hot, just flavorful) and this restaurant really delivers. Also the bastilla is one of my favorite desserts in all of WDW. Don't forget the live music and belly dancers too!

DVC2004
09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Rose and Crown/England. Great food, great service. We always enjoy it very much. You have to try the potato leek soup. It's so unbelievable, and I don't usually care for soup.

MargaretMessler
09-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I've never been to either, but I am planning on trying Marrakesh on one of my trips next year. I may try Rose & Crown on the other. Going with my mother for one, and will probably do Marrakesh. My second trip will be with my BFF, and she is more of a pub type girl - as am I under most circumstances.

I welcome any reviews for either place.

Gator
09-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Looks like it's dead even right now. I really like Marekesh. The spices on the food are really tasty. The ambience is excellent. Plus, belly dancers. Can't go wrong with that.

DisneyGlutton
09-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I have no doubt that the Rose and Crown is a great place, but I can enjoy several places here at home that would compare to an English or Irish style pub, and fish and chips are not hard to come by either.

I completely agree. While Rose and Crown is fine (and has hard cider, which I like), it's not even the best pub in WDW imho.

SBETigg
09-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Rose and Crown/England. Great food, great service. We always enjoy it very much. You have to try the potato leek soup. It's so unbelievable, and I don't usually care for soup.

Sad to say, they've taken this off the menu.

MNNHFLTX
09-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Definitely the Rose and Pub for me. Nice relaxed atmosphere and good service. The last time we ate at the Marrakesh it was crowded and not all that fun.

Utopia74
09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Marrakesh, since it's more unique. You can find faux-British Pubs in almost any city. The food at R&C is decent, but nothing spectacular.

CanadianWDWFan
09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Pub for early lunch and then Marrakesh for late dinner. :) Solves the issue at hand.

If I had to choose, it would be just as I said.

ElenitaB
09-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I'd agree with Brian with one tweak: R&C for lunch with dinner at Morocco but not at Marrakesh. I'd take Tangierine Cafe over Marrakesh any day of the week!

Melanie
09-10-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd agree with Brian with one tweak: R&C for lunch with dinner at Morocco but not at Marrakesh. I'd take Tangierine Cafe over Marrakesh any day of the week!

:ditto:

Marrakesh = :down: to me!

Jayhorn
09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Marrakesh! There's a reason that the most popular quisine in London isn't what some of my friends from England called "oxymoronic English cusine." :mickey:

That being said, C&R is much better than most of the English food that I had in England.

CanadianWDWFan
09-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Tangerine Cafe is one of those hidden gems of QS.

Kairi_7378
09-11-2012, 07:37 PM

:thumbsup:

bruin1344
09-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I have been to both. I prefer R&C because I like British cuisine better, the food is delicious, nice view of Illuminations and great beer selection.

Quadstriker
09-12-2012, 01:49 AM
If you're not adventurous eaters by American standards (I'm assuming you're from the states), it's Rose and Crown hands down. It's a great British pub feel and people there (CMs and guests) strike up conversations with each other easily and it's very enjoyable.

I think that restaurant in Morocco with the unspellable name (for me) has a very nice atmosphere and it's worth experiencing, it's just not my type of food so I don't enjoy it so much. My wife absolutely loves it though, as she spent some time in her youth living in that region of the world. I think I'll surprise her by "letting" her take me to lunch there one day in October. Happy wife, happy life.

Wife's answer to this question: "I don't want to eat at Rose and Crown because Raglan Road is so much better."

disneynarula
09-12-2012, 04:34 AM
We love Marrakesh but it's only a good choice if you tend to be adventurous in you eating.

DisneyFr33k
09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Tangerine Cafe is one of those hidden gems of QS.

What makes Tangerine Cafe so much better than Marrakesh?

CanadianWDWFan
09-12-2012, 01:53 PM
It is a QS restaurant that serves fresh flavourable food. The food served is different from most of the other QS establishments around. The menu (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/tangierinecafe.asp) can be found here. As for the difference to Marrakesh, we found that the quality of food differs from visit to visit. While enjoyable it is frustrating to never have the same culinary experience each time.

The drawback of Tangerine Cafe is that there is no Belly Dancer performing.:D

DisneyFr33k
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM

That is what my DH has been asking about! :D

Kairi_7378
09-12-2012, 06:58 PM
It is a QS restaurant that serves fresh flavourable food. The food served is different from most of the other QS establishments around. The menu (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/tangierinecafe.asp) can be found here. As for the difference to Marrakesh, we found that the quality of food differs from visit to visit. While enjoyable it is frustrating to never have the same culinary experience each time.

But if you eat outside you can watch the dancer from Mo Rockin :thumbsup:

disneynarula
09-15-2012, 09:14 AM
What makes Tangerine Cafe so much better than Marrakesh?

It is very different types of food. Tangiene cafe has more wraps and things like that. The food at the cafe has less sauces and seems a little lighter. We love both.

LVT
09-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I would prefer the Tangerine cafe to Marrakesh.

disneymom2000
09-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I am not a die-hard foodie and am not willing to try a lot of new things. But when my daughter chose the dining on our last trip she had Marrakesh. Wasn't thrilled but tried it anyway. Food was great. I really like the belly-dancer while we ate and then she did some diner interaction, bringing up a couple of girls to show them how it was done. I never miss going to the Rose & Crown because I do love the shepherd's pie but Marrakesh is definitely somewhere I would go again.

lovin'fl
09-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Didn't vote as these are my least fave 2 places to eat in Epcot. We did not have the best dinners at these 2 places, but R&C was a tad better (I liked my pot roast meal...it was not hot though and service was terrible and the fish and chips is the EXACT same platter you'd get out at the CS window but it cost more).

lovin'fl
09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I would prefer the Tangerine cafe to Marrakesh.

Most definitely! Tangierine is one of our fave CS places...mmmmm. Marrakesh was very bland and my entire plate was colorless. I remember a sandy texture...ick! And we could hardly see the dancer. Service was good, that I can remember. But it's still our least fave place in all of WDW and I don't think we'll ever go back. I am going to select R&C in the poll as they do have an edge.

iheartdisney
09-22-2012, 10:32 AM

:exactly:

CanadaLovesDisney
09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Recently returned from Disney and we had never tried rose and crown before. We ended up eating both lunch and dinner there! (separate days of course)

The cheese plate was amazing!!!!! Among other things! Enjoy!