Tuesday – Day 2

Cast of characters

>From Missouri – 15 – 22 April, Sunday to Sunday
Me – [ineffective] OCD planner
DH – my dear husband, almost immune to Disney magic
Eeyore - my dear sister
Tink - Eeyore's daughter
Pluto - Tink's 7 year old daughter
DBF – Tink's significant other & sorta newbie (visited almost 20 years ago as teen)

>From Illinois - 17 – 22 April, Tuesday to Sunday
Remy - my dear cousin
Pirate – Remy's DH
Wall-e – 7 yr old son of Remy & Pirate

The Plan:
We have ADRs for Tusker House for 8:10 am, followed by the Pangani Forest Trail and Conservation Station, possibly Expedition Everest. Lunch, maybe, at Yak & Yeti, and then some resort time. Supper is 5:30 at San Angel Inn, Mexico. While the others browse Epcot, DH and I will head back to our resort to welcome our cousins who should be arriving about 10 pm.

What really happened:
We met up with the VWL folks at the early entry turn style at Animal Kingdom. Soon we were strolling along the quiet walkways of AK. This would be DH's first breakfast at Tusker House as his knees kept him home in 2010, when we ate our first breakfast here. DH loves a good spread of food, even if it comes with Donald and friends. All kidding aside, he loves to watch the kids interact with the characters. It's breakfast and a show.
We were ambling along, after leaving Tusker House about 9 am, headed toward the Pangani Nature Trail, and then the Wildlife Express train, when Eeyore glanced behind us and yelped in alarm. She had seen a horde of fast moving guests intent on reaching the safari ride asap. She thought we were going to be stampeded but we did manage to get out of the way. DH felt a bit tired and wanted to rest so I sat with him and people watched while the rest did the Pangani Trail.
Before this morning, Pluto had no preference as to the Characters but apparently she woke up fixated on Pluto. Her main goal today was to buy a Pluto hat. While waiting for the others to finish Pangani, I looked in the store, and had even asked if it was possible to find a Pluto hat in AK. A nice CM called someone, and the consensus was to try MK.
We spent probably 2 hours at Conservation Station (our first time) watching a Komodo dragon get examined. He was first x-rayed and then one of the vets tried to draw blood. This was impressive, as the unhappy Komodo dragon was almost too much for the 3 keepers trying to hold him in place; he kept trying to cram his way into his holding box.
Back in the rest of AK, Pluto decided she was not up to doing Expedition Everest, so she and DH played some at Fossil Fun Games while the rest rode EE and I looked in Chester and Hester's to see if they had a Pluto hat. They did and just in time too because the other thing Pluto wanted was a photo with Pluto and there he was, having a meet and greet near the store. Our Pluto went to get in line, and of course the character Pluto promptly took a break! But our Pluto and Tink and Eeyore waited patiently until the Character Pluto came back from his break. We got some great photos. We decided on Flametree for lunch since we were in Dinoland (shared a combo meal) while Eeyore, Tink and DBF rode Dinosaur. We met up, passed Pluto off to Tink, and then left AK for our afternoon rest at POR.
This evening was our 5:30 ADR at San Angel Inn at Mexico. At Epcot DH and I explored some of the Fairy habitats before heading over to World Showcase. The little Fairy houses and the different habitats were captivating – something Pluto, a major Fairy fan – would really love.
Our meal at San Angel Inn was not as successful as our Teppan Edo meal. My food was better this trip than our last trip but our server left a lot to be desired. She seemed less than friendly, misunderstood some of our order and disappeared for large amounts of time. We have probably reached our limit as regards this restaurant which used to be one of our most looked forward to. Especially since the jaguar moved out of the jungle.
After some market place and Epcot Kid Spot time coloring Duffy, we headed toward the Fairy area so Pluto could check it out. We only got to spend a little bit of time here as the area closes early but we figured we'd be back.
DH and I were headed back to our resort, since our cousins were coming and because DH was beginning not to feel so well. Of course he waited until we were in our Royal Guest room to share that bit of information. I hurried over to Fulton's to stock up on whatever cough and chest congestion medicine I could find, as well as some fruit juices. I also used our resort mugs to bring back some more fluids for DH.
After dosing him up thoroughly, and making sure he was comfy, I headed over to the lobby to say hi to Remy, Pirate and Wall-e when they arrived about 9:30. A little early. They said they'd be ready to go about 7 am for an early breakfast at DHS.

And I did remember to bring copies of tomorrow's schedule to Tink and Eeyore when we met for supper at Epcot so they know when breakfast is, too.

Oops!
I forgot to give Eeyore and Tink their schedules last night, so they were waiting at the turn stile with the clipboard CM since they didn't know the time of our breakfast ADR. I get a lot of teasing about these daily schedules except by Eeyore and Tink, as they like knowing where we're eating and at what time.
We're all feeling a bit stressed with the new dynamics as a result of DBF being along. We usually are not picky with who walks or sits with whom, but DBF wants to monopolize Tink. It'll be another couple of days before we really get a handle on the situation.

Surprise: DH is sick. He had been having a dry cough Sunday evening and Monday which we thought might be allergies, as DH grew up in the Orlando area, and it is spring. But by Tuesday evening, he is not a happy camper with chest congestion and overall tired achyness. Luckily for my continued park touring, he's one of those that wants only to sleep and not be fussed over.

At the end of the day - Tusker House was a great breakfast. We really enjoyed our visit to the Conservation Station. Pluto found a hat and got a photo with Pluto! And, Remy, Pirate and Wall-e are here!! It was a pretty good day, even if DH isn't feeling well.

Jan

Dopey's Girl
09-10-2012, 11:11 PM
How fun that your Pluto got to meet Mickey's Pluto!

Hopefully your DH is feeling better soon...

Lindsey310
09-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Great post!!!:thumbsup:
Loved reading it! Hope your DH is feeling better :ill:

faline
09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
No fun (and no fair) being sick while on vacation! Hope your husband is feeling well soon!!

San Angel Inn really seems to be hit or miss. I've read much about poor service here. Fortunately, we have not yet run into that as an issue.

Every time I've gone to Conservation Station, I've gone with the hope that we'd see some sort of animal procedure but haven't been lucky enough to view anything. Sounds like your view of the dragon was quite interesting.

January-2007
09-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh too bad its stinks to be sick at Disney

pdrlkr
09-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: