PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resturants

Juicy1122
09-10-2012, 11:47 AM
We will be going to Disneyland in 14 days! This will be our first time. Are there any recommnded places to eat? I am the only person in our party that does not like any kind of seafood, but everyone else is adventurous.

Would you also recommend making ADRs?

Thanks so much! It's so much different then Disney World when it comes to planning.

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 04:34 AM
We will be going to Disneyland in 14 days! This will be our first time. Are there any recommnded places to eat? I am the only person in our party that does not like any kind of seafood, but everyone else is adventurous.

Would you also recommend making ADRs?

Thanks so much! It's so much different then Disney World when it comes to planning.

Here's my family's must hit dining spots:

Blue Bayou (Dinner)
Cafe Orleans (Lunch/Dinner)
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ (Lunch/Dinner)
Plaza Inn - Minnie & Friends (Breakfast)
Goofy's Kitchen (Breakfast)
Steakhouse 55 (Dinner)
Tangaroa Terrace (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) NEW!!
Trader Sam's (Bar) NEW!!
Carthay Circle Restaurant (Dinner) NEW!!

I do recommend making ADR's. It is the only way you can *guarantee* you have a reservation after all. Otherwise, you can take your chances and do a walk-up. But I wouldn't risk it. :bar:

BrerGnat
09-11-2012, 09:09 AM
ADRs are absolutely NOT necessary at DLR. Unless you want to eat at Carthay Circle at DCA, then I'd probably make one, as it's new and popular.

And, I think a better question would actually be "Are there any recommended places NOT to eat?" because, to be honest, almost every restaurant at DLR is very good.

I would say that counter service options, in particular, at DLR are excellent! I can go on and on about which ones I love. I have found TS restaurants IN the parks to be hit or miss over the years. I can vouch for EVERY single TS restaurant at Downtown Disney, though. They are all excellent! In the resorts, I can vouch for Napa Rose, Storyteller's Cafe, and Steakhouse 55.

I'd advise skipping Blue Bayou. It's overpriced and overhyped. Ride PotC and you get the same "atmosphere." If you want GOOD Creole/Cajun food--->Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney.

Here are the places in each park I'd recommend NOT eating at:

Disneyland Park:
-Tomorrowland Terrace :ack:
-French Market :sick:
-Any of the CS places in Toontown :ack:

DCA:
-Award Weiners :sick:
-Lucky Fortune Cookery :ack:

Downtown Disney:
-Jazz Kitchen EXPRESS :sick:

Skip those and you will have Good Eats!

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Here are the places in each park I'd recommend NOT eating at:

Disneyland Park:
-Tomorrowland Terrace :ack:
-French Market :sick:
-Any of the CS places in Toontown :ack:

DCA:
-Award Weiners :sick:
-Lucky Fortune Cookery :ack:

Downtown Disney:
-Jazz Kitchen EXPRESS :sick:

Skip those and you will have Good Eats!

You are now the most awesome person at INTERCOT. Simply for posting the jeers of Disneyland food. I laughed for quite a while at the smilies you used!! xD

Juicy1122
09-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Thank you so much! I will def keep those places in mind for where not to eat!