PDA

View Full Version : Where are the chilled water fountains??

PETE FROM NYC
09-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Last trip 2 yrs ago, I think the only chilled fountain I could find in any theme park was near the lockers in EPCOT, to the right of Spaceship Earth. I don't remember any others. Are there any others these days?

I guess its just WDWs corporate greed. If they had too many chilled fountains, they would not be able to sell bottled water at such inflated prices, at the same time generating tons of plastic garbage.

dmallan
09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I know what you mean!
I will usually ask a vendor for a cup of ice and then fill the cup with water from a drinking fountain.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-09-2012, 11:51 AM
It acutally works out better with the ice rather than chilled fountain water anyway.

Strmchsr
09-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I am definitely one who is tired of all the nickle and diming by TDO, but in this case I don't think it's a big deal. Since (as previously stated) you can get a cup of ice water (or just ice) at any vendor at no charge that's probably better than trying to chill outside water fountains in Florida weather.

Lindsey310
09-09-2012, 12:40 PM
I saw one in animal kingdom on the maharajah jungle trek and one after the exit from dinosaur but I believe that was the only two I saw. Smart water is now $3 a bottle and dasani at $2.50.

Disney Hungarian
09-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I recommend getting water from any counter service that has fountain drinks. The water is run through the Coca-Cola filters and tastes so much better than the tap water from the fountains and it is free.:thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
09-09-2012, 01:24 PM
In MK, the chilled fountain by the Baby Care Centre is always working.

As for high price of water and other things, I went to Canada's Wonderland (former Paramount park) recently and was SHOCKED :eyes: at the prices there. A bottle of Dasani was $3.50 and a slice of pizza was $5.00!! I for one was happy that the prices at WDW were cheaper than our local park.