PDA

View Full Version : BC Balconies/Patios

missymouseworld
09-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Do all the rooms at the Beach Club have some sort of balcony or patio? When we were there two years ago we were on a ground floor level room with a patio, which was nice and had chairs and a table. Do all the upper floors have a balcony with a walkout/chairs, etc?

AgentC
09-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Some rooms have a mini standing balcony. There is no room for chairs or a table. You can stand and look out but that is about it.

BrerGnat
09-09-2012, 11:12 AM
And some rooms have no balcony at all. Some have giant balconies. The BC really has a lot of different room sizes, layouts, balcony configuartions, etc. It's kind of strange that way.

If you want a full balcony, just be sure to request it. If you'd prefer a ground floor room, request that. AFAIK, all ground floor rooms have a patio with table/chairs.

We have always had a HUGE balcony at the BC. Just got lucky, I suppose.

TiggeRia
09-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Is it the YC the same way? One of the reasons we stay at Deluxe level is for the balcony. Have an upcoming trip and would be good to know!

disneymom2000
09-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Similar setup between these sister properties. You can send in your request three days before you arrive and specify you want a full balcony. I love the balconies here when I can sit outside after dark and have a drink and snack and just listen to what is going on around me.:cloud9:

missymouseworld
09-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback...I will have to put in a request and hope for the best.

BrerGnat
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I believe all rooms at the YC have full sized balconies. People choose YC for this reason over BC often.

AgentC
09-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I believe all rooms at the YC have full sized balconies. People choose YC for this reason over BC often.

There are a few rooms at Yacht Club that don't have a balcony, but the vast majority have a full balcony.

I think the split the at the Beach Club is around 50/50 between the minis and the fulls.

And Natalie is right, it is one of the reasons I prefer Yacht Club. It is easier to get a balcony. For me that is worth the slightly longer walk to the pool. :)

BrerGnat
09-10-2012, 08:28 AM
There are a few rooms at Yacht Club that don't have a balcony, but the vast majority have a full balcony.

Oops, you are right. I should have stated: ALL balconies at YC are FULL balconies. Only a handful of rooms don't have one at all, but there are no "mini" balconies at YC.

Balconies aside, go with what resort's decor you prefer, as they are otherwise identical in amenities (since they are shared). As a family, we prefer the BC overall, but the YC is very nice as well and the better dining is over there.

missymouseworld
09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Another quick ?.....if we request a ground floor room/patio and we have garden view room type, would that be a patio facing the quiet pools? I was on info central, under resort maps and I read the following...."A view of the quiet pool or the wedding gazebo?
Ask for a garden view."

AgentC
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I have always gotten a quiet pool view when have had garden view, but it is possible to get the wedding pavilion.

missymouseworld
09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Do the ground floor patios walkout to the pool?

BrerGnat
09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Do the ground floor patios walkout to the pool?

Not really. Most of them are blocked by hedges. Plus, you need to go through one of the manned pool entrances to show your resort ID and get a wristband, so you can't really access the pool directly from a ground floor patio.