PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits September 2012

Figment!
09-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Tidbits
September 2012

More to Meet

9/8/12 Character Cast have reported that a new character is debuting at the Magic Kingdom. Periwinkle, from the upcoming movie “Secret of the Wings”, is scheduled to begin Meet & Greet appearances with Tinker Bell in her Adventureland location beginning September 9, 2012.

Grander Floridian

9/8/12 As construction continues on the new pool area at the Grand Floridian Resort, more details have become available. The new pool area will be a water playground themed to the Mad Tea Party. The main play structure in the splash pool will feature two short slides, a teapot & teacup cascade, and a large dump bucket shaped like the Mad Hatter’s Hat. See Christine's picture below (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2299918&postcount=5).

3/21/12 Disney has filed paper work to add an additional pool area to the Grand Floridian Resort. The new pool area will be built in the area between the Main Building, the Beach Pool, and the Summerhouse pavilion. The paper work indicates that the new pool is planned to be approximately 1/6th the size of the existing Beach Pool. A time table for the addition has not been reported.

Disney in the Details

9/8/12 As the Fantasyland expansion project continues, a few thematic details of the completed area have become visible during the construction. Cast and Guests have reported that the new Castle Wall features coat of arms of several Disney Royal families. So far, the coat of arms for Aurora, Snow White, and Ariel have been spotted.

Wild Additions

9/8/12 The Animal Kingdom has recently made some noteworthy additions to some of its counter service and snack locations. Three of the parks most popular counter service locations have recently added some near nine dollar entrees. Flame Tree Barbecue has added a Smoked Chicken Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing for $8.99; Pizzafari has added a Chicken & Vegetable Pasta Salad for $8.99, and Restaurantosaurus has added a Chicken BLT salad for $9.19 and a Mac 'n Cheese Hot Dog for $8.79. The park has also introduced some new adult beverages. Frozen Rum Lemonades can be found at Pertri-Fries, Dino-Diner and Safari Pretzel for $8.50. In the non-frozen category, Restaurantosaurus has added two flavors of Rum Lemonade for $6.75 and Pizzafari has added an organic Sangria for $8.50. Restaurantosaurus is also offering non-alcoholic versions of its flavored lemonades for $3.99.

Enchanting Previews

9/8/12 Earlier this week, Guests at the Magic Kingdom began to get a sneak peak at the Enchanted Tales with Belle. Cast have reported that Guests are being selected at random for these previews and there is no schedule on how often or when future random previews will be conducted between now and the announced previews in November. Cast have only been able to advise that Guests hoping to be selected should spend their time on Fantasyland attractions.

Christine
09-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I just took pics of the mad hatter splash area- when I get home to my desktop I'll load them up. It is adorable!

Melanie
09-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I just took pics of the mad hatter splash area- when I get home to my desktop I'll load them up. It is adorable!

You could tell on the one you tweeted a few weeks ago what it was going to be. Very cute!

Lindsey310
09-08-2012, 05:02 PM

Can't wait to see them!! Very exciting!!:mickey:

Christine
09-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Here is the play area and an update on the construction of GF DVC!! :number1:

disneymom15
09-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks Christine. Very cute.

Dsnygirl
09-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Mmmm... liking the sound of the frozen rum lemonades... :thumbsup:

vizsla
09-17-2012, 05:18 AM
We were given a sneak peak of Maurice's Cottage in the New Fantasyland on 9/11 at the MNSSHP. The scenery in the new section is beautiful but as far as the attraction not so good. The only interesting part is the "Magic Mirror" in the Workshop preshow. I can tell this will be a long wait time attraction just because of how long it took to get in that night and it is not worth the time. They have 2 preshow areas, Workshop and Wardrope will holds you for about 7 minutes each before entering the Libraryto see the show.

shadowden
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Tidbits
September 2012

More to Meet

9/8/12 Character Cast have reported that a new character is debuting at the Magic Kingdom. Periwinkle, from the upcoming movie “Secret of the Wings”, is scheduled to begin Meet & Greet appearances with Tinker Bell in her Adventureland location beginning September 9, 2012.

Enchanting Previews

9/8/12 Earlier this week, Guests at the Magic Kingdom began to get a sneak peak at the Enchanted Tales with Belle. Cast have reported that Guests are being selected at random for these previews and there is no schedule on how often or when future random previews will be conducted between now and the announced previews in November. Cast have only been able to advise that Guests hoping to be selected should spend their time on Fantasyland attractions.

We met Periwinkle this past week while we were down. During the MNSCHP. As noted above, she was taking pictures and signing autographs with Tink.

Also, we got to be one of the families that did the Enchanted Tales with Belle! My oldest DD was selected to be the Beast while my littlest was Chip. Very cool experience, especially since my oldest DD got to have a special dance with Belle as part of the story. Very magical experience for us this trip!

MinnieMommie
09-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Here is the play area and an update on the construction of GF DVC!! :number1:

This is cool! Love the pics! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey: