PDA

View Full Version : Help us decide - Citricos or Narcoossee's

Melanie
09-07-2012, 07:40 PM
My hubby and I are going down in January for Marathon weekend, and want to eat somewhere nice on Sunday evening. I've always wanted to try one, or both, of these places, but we just never got around to it. I think it would be better suited when it's just the two of us.

So, which do you recommend and why? Which one sits out on it's own into the water?

mook3y
09-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Narcoossee's is the one out on the water.

My DW and my self are fans of both of these places. You can't go wrong with either one.

Great food, Great service!

To me Citrico's feels a little more formal.

Narcoossee's is a great place to watch the fireworks from.

We are taking our children to their first signature dining experience this year and we picked Narcoossee's. But mainly so we can watch the fireworks during the meal.

I would say take a look at the menu's and choose the one that has the dinner that sounds best to you.

Regardless your in for a great meal.

faline
09-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Both are good. I'd have to give Narcoosee's the edge on view due to its location on the water (right next to the Grand Floridian dock). I've had excellent service and food at Narcoosee's. It can be rather noisy here.

Most recently, though, I'd give Citroco's the edge on food and service. This restaurant is located on the second floor of the Grand Floridian (the same floor as the monorail station).

For your style, I have some suspicion that you'd enjoy Narcoosee's a bit more than Citrico's.

Fangorn
09-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Just my opinion, but we far and away prefer Narcoosee's.

Our experience at Citrico's was, shall we say, barely adequate. The food was only OK, and the service was awful. Our waiter ignored us all evening. The whole atmosphere was snobbish. It was not an enjoyable evening.

Narcoosee's on the other hand was a delight from the moment we stepped through the doors. We were then at the end of January for our son's engagement. This was our one evening alone as a couple and we really needed some "us" time. We were met at the door by a very nice guy who turned out to be the general manager (but we didn't know that until we left). He made it his goal that night to cater to us. We must have looked like we could use some pampering ;). Our waiter was fantastic: seeming to appear magically just as we needed something. The chef came by to check on our food, and several other staff members came by to see that all was well. Everyone addressed us by name. Plus, we were seated in what was the prime location - at the window with a gorgeous view of the lagoon, MK and the Contemporary, just as the lights were coming on around the world. It was very magical, romantic and relaxing.

If you're into wine, try the Fess Parker Riesling. It was wonderful.

Have fun!

Steve

Awesome_guy
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Of the two, I've only been to Narcoossee's (in large part because of of faline's recommendation on one of my posting's right here on Intercot actually).

We really did have a great experience at Narcoossee's though so I have no trouble recommending it. We had no problem requesting a window seat (and enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited). Food was great! Service had us feeling in very good hands. Taking in the the Pagaent was awesome! Fireworks perfect. I have to say I liked the "feel" of Narcoossee's, just overall.

Both will give you the experience of taking in the GF (which we loved). We also enjoyed taking a ferry over to MK for evening EMH a bit more dressed up than usual, which was kind of fun. You really can't lose, I'd guess?

Enjoy!

Melanie
09-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Excellent! Thank you ALL!

Narcoossee's it is. It sounds right down our alley. :)

VWL Mom
09-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Just my opinion, but we far and away prefer Narcoosee's.

Our experience at Citrico's was, shall we say, barely adequate. The food was only OK, and the service was awful. Our waiter ignored us all evening. The whole atmosphere was snobbish. It was not an enjoyable evening.

We had a similar experience at Citrico's and won't be rushing back.

We enjoy Narcoossee's. The setting is just so pretty, the food consistent, and the staff attentive.

It think you'll be happy with your dinner here.

TheDuckRocks
09-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Good choice Mel. Although we have only had wonderful food and outstanding service at both places and makes it difficult to only choose one or the other. Narcoosee's does get the nod more often as I love their Surf and Turf combo.

SBETigg
09-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Both are good choices. I think Narcoosssee's might be the one for you.

Citricos is a tad more formal, a little stuffier. The service at Citricos seems to be up and down. My experience has been top notch, among the warmest, friendliest service we've had and we felt like they went out of the way for us. But that doesn't seem to be a consistent factor there from other reports. I think the cuisine is slightly more creative here, a little different, with a fresh mediterranean flair.

Narcoossee's also has creative cuisine, but a little more straightforward with the flavors. If you don't eat seafood or fish, there are still plenty of choices. My daughter loved her chicken dish here. It's elegant without being stuffy. Nice relaxed vibe at Narcoossee's, and lovely on the water. We always see the same bartender if we sit at the bar before our meal and he's such a great guy, love him. So we make sure we get there early and have a drink before dinner. They've always been friendly and accommodating.