PDA

View Full Version : Epcot - Drinks Around the World

DisneyFr33k
09-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Anyone have advice on this either way? My DH and I are planning a 20th anniversary trip without kids to WDW and are considering taking this on. :beer::marg::wine:

Anyone with advice or tips?

Goofeygal
09-07-2012, 02:28 PM
The outside counter at France has a couple great frozen drinks, of course Margaritas at Mexico and sake in Japan. Germany has some great beers as well. We have done this before. Also inside of Mexico they have a Tequilaria.(can't spell it but close.)

Madame Leona
09-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I like the Viking Cofee in Norway and The Gran Marnier/Grey Goose Slush in France.

darthmacho
09-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Here's my advice: Have a good time, but don't make a fool of yourself. On our trip, there was a group that must have just completed the whole tour, and one of the women was running around, clearly intoxicated and making a fool of herself. She was swearing and yelling (she wasn't belligerent, just celebrating) and as she raised her last beer, she slurred/shouted: Yeah! Drinks around the world, baby! We did it!" and I snarkily replied, "Yes, we can tell," which I know was uncalled for, but appreciated by a few other nearby guests that agreed.

Anyway, sorry to side track the discussion. I tried the Avocado Margarita in Mexico and it was pretty good. I also like Dos Equis beer. My favorite drink of choice is wine, however, and I'd try wine from every country if that was possible. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-07-2012, 04:38 PM
When will you and your DW be there?? If you're there during the F&W Festival, you will have more opportunities to try drinks than I can even TRY to remember or tell you about... :blush: ... but you can find the menu for the different countries and their offerings online. It is FUN!!

If you're not there during it, you can certainly still enjoy "drinking around the world" - we've done it, but found that after 3 or 4 drinks, we were actually pretty full - :blush: - so we didn't actually do the whole thing, I guess.

Advice on favorites?? Mexico - the blood orange margarita in the tequila bar. Norway - a Viking coffee - best during Illuminations :fworks: :D . Morocco - Sultan's Slushie. Italy - Rosa Regale. France - Grand Marnier or Grey Goose slushies. UK - Bass Ale in the pub. Canada - not sure of it's name, but if they still have their hard cider, it is SO good!! Haven't tried ALL the countries, but those are ones we really like... :)

Enjoy your trip without the kids... we've done it twice, and loved it!! :cloud9:

Melanie
09-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't attempt this in one day, but my favs are the Avocado Margarita from La Cava de Tequila in Mexico, the Octoberfest beer in Germany, Grey Goose Slushie in France and my favorite of all the beer around the World - a Golden (Bass and Stella combined) from the Rose & Crown in the UK.

Have fun! :beer::marg:

MargaretMessler
09-07-2012, 05:19 PM
If you want to try doing the entire world in one night, you could always try SHARING a drink at each stop. (Assuming you have similar tastes.)

I know I had a frozen margarita in Mexico, and I think it gave me enough of a buzz for half the night on it's own! :marg:

DVC2004
09-07-2012, 05:38 PM
There's no way I could do it in one day. :marg:
LOL. But I always like to have a glass of champagne from the kiosk in France for sure. Other things to try, our favorites:

Margaritas in Mexico- I like the Fiesta/multi flavor frozen from the stand outside
Tequila Flight in Mexico (Cava Del Tequila, small bar inside the Mexico Pavillion)
Rosa Regale from the stand in Italy (sweet, red, sparkling)
Champagne or Kir Royale from Stand in France
Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slushy from France
Sake inside the Japanese store (wayyy in the back they have a bar set up which we just found a few trips ago)
Black and Tan from UK

Well... that's about it for me. Again, I have never had all of these drinks at once. I think the most I did was 3 different ones throughout the course of one afternoon. I then did not feel so hot.

faline
09-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't even attempt to do such a thing in one day!!

disneynarula
09-08-2012, 04:43 AM
I have ridden a resort bus home with people who have attempted this and was not happy about it. At least it was a good example to our kids on what drinking can do to you.

It seems to me that at some point a venture like this is not an effort to experience different cultures offerings but an invitation to act like a fool and wake up in the morning regretting it.

Why not just focus on one or two items that are truly unique and something to experience and savor?

DisneyFr33k
09-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks everyone. We are going the first week of February. We're planning to share drinks and not necessarily do one at every country. Just looking for thoughts and recommendations. Thanks! :rocks:

Kenny1113
09-08-2012, 06:49 AM
In march I saw a lot people with drinking around the world tshirts (different ones). They would get the drinks checked off on their shirts. Not sure if this is something you and your wife would be into...

DisneyFr33k
09-08-2012, 06:50 AM
In march I saw a lot people with drinking around the world tshirts (different ones). They would get the drinks checked off on their shirts. Not sure if this is something you and your wife would be into...

Cool idea. Where do you get them?

Kenny1113
09-08-2012, 07:12 AM
I'm sorry, that I don't know.:( Maybe try google:confused::confused::confused:
If not have them made yourself?

VWL Mom
09-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Cool idea. Where do you get them?

We saw a family in August with these. They had their's made by a local shirt shop in their area.

Kairi_7378
09-08-2012, 08:30 AM
I'd recommend the Cava de Tequilla in Mexico. (The slushies are good as well.) We had a mixed tangerine/strawberry slush in Morocco last week that was pretty good but a bit strong. We've also tried the Grey Goose slush, which is quite good. We wanted to try some of the tea slushes or ginger margaritas in China and some Viking Coffee on our recent trip but didn't get enough time to do so.

There are also tasty beers around the WS but we are able to get most of those at home, so we stick to the wine and slush offerings.

DisneyFr33k
09-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry, that I don't know.:( Maybe try google:confused::confused::confused:
If not have them made yourself?

Thanks! I did search on google and found a site where a family posted the ones they made. It was a site that you can design your own. So I just made one for my DH and I to wear during our trip. It was fun and easy site to navigate and a wonderful Christmas present for him just before our trip in February!

Thanks everyone!

Gator
09-08-2012, 01:58 PM
My tips are to take it slow. I've run into too many people who didn't take it slow at Epcot and made for an unpleasant experience for all those around them.

Remember, buzzed Disney strolling is drunk Disney strolling. Ok, maybe not. But it sounds real official, huh?

Crow
09-08-2012, 10:20 PM
i say sometimes im only going to do :beer: or wine or something. but it doesnt always work that way. usually i dont get something in every country
Mexico i have tried the :marg: outside. inside is better now at La Cava..ive tried 3 of them:marg:avocado, coffee and the pepper one...the coffee i liked the best
China i didnt get anything this last trip, but they have slushies or beer
Norway. Viking coffee. used to have a good:beer:called Ringnes but no longer.
Germany and Italy i dont always hit, sometimes wine.
America i dont think i every drank at
Japan i always do sake.
Morrocco. usually dont. but i have tried the beer
France, wine , Kir Royal or slushie
England Beer, samplers or such
Canada...beer sometimes

Kairi_7378
09-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I wanted to add that they are selling a shirt at Epcot that features a beer/ wine for each country.

darthmacho
09-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I wanted to add that they are selling a shirt at Epcot that features a beer/ wine for each country.

I think it also features a food item for each? My wife wanted to get it, actually. :mickey:

A Big Kid
09-09-2012, 12:17 PM
That will set you back, what, $120 or so?

Kairi_7378
09-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I think it also features a food item for each? My wife wanted to get it, actually. :mickey:

That's right... forgot to mention the food items. I think it was somewhere in the $20 range. To completely drink around the WS, I would budget around $120. Drinks are in the $8 to $12 range. (Mostly under $10.) This is why in some countries we do snacks instead of drinks. (Snacks are usually under $5)

jpcns50
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM
My wife and I did this on our honeymoon....We started early, around 1:00 in the afternoon and took our time going around the countries. Don't get me wrong, I felt good by the time we reached Mexico (we started in Canada), but I was not beyond control. Over an 8 hour period, 11 drinks isn't too bad, especially if you throw a dinner in there. We were sure to eat at a few countries, which also helped out!!

Either way, enjoy!

Scar
09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
That kind of drinking too much in too short a timespan is better suited to a bad cruiseship or a frat party than a family theme park.I (and I assume most people) don't want to see a drunk anywhere, let alone WDW. But, WS is open from 11:00AM to 9:00PM. That's about 1 drink per hour. Most people can handle that.

Wolf
09-19-2012, 12:33 PM
The Sultan Colada in Morocco is sooo good! I didnt like the margerittas in Mexico from the rotatey machines (Too strong) but I'm not a huge Tequilla fan so it might just be me. I want to try something in Norway but don't really understand what their drinks are. I hope you have an amazing time! :)

dizneydeb22
09-19-2012, 04:53 PM
We've also done the DAWS, but we had a big enough group that we were able to share and we spent the entire day there and did the EMH! We left feeling good, but not drunk. We also had dinner in Japan, so we incorporated our drink there with our dinner. One thing that helped is drinking plenty of water. We must have hit the restrooms in each country as well. :blush: We found that using the late EMH, we did not encounter a lot of children, not that we were disorderly, but if that's a concern, try to use the late hours. Enjoy! :marg: