PDA

View Full Version : If you were making the decisions...

IloveJack
09-07-2012, 09:07 AM
When we found out that our national church convention is going to be in Tampa next summer, we decided that we'd spend a few days at Disney (provided nothing crazy happens between now and then). The convention is Sunday afternoon-Wednesday night. We're planning to visit with some friends, who live in Northern FL, afterwards.
If it were you, would you plan to spend Friday-Sunday morning of the weekend before at WDW, or skip Wednesday at the convo, and spend Wednesday-Friday at WDW? As far as crowds, etc., in July, which would you prefer?
And if it were you, with 2 adults, a DD4, and DD2 (and possibly an infant, if things work like we're hoping), which 3 parks would you visit?
We're coming off 6 days at WDW this past June, so I'm having trouble deciding how to fit everything into 3 days. (I know we've been multiple times, and we could take a "relaxing" trip, but I'd be kidding myself if I actually expected us to do that).

faline
09-07-2012, 09:19 AM
You don't say what part of July you'd be in Disney World and whether or not it would be around the holiday or not.

In any case, the entire month of July will be quite busy and even more so if you're there around the holiday on the 4th.

With 3 small children, staying cool and hydrated will be of primary concern. If you are there for only a short time, I'd suggest perhaps visiting only 2 parks and taking it slowly. With the ages of your children, the Magic Kingdom should certainly be on your list. I'd probably pick Epcot for the second park. There's quite a lot for young kids in the Innoventions areas that are air conditionedand there are other pavilions you can explore, as well, to keep out of the heat.

mydisneygirls
09-07-2012, 09:50 AM
If it were me, I'd go Wednesday to Friday. Weekends are always busier...especially in the summer.

IloveJack
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
You don't say what part of July you'd be in Disney World and whether or not it would be around the holiday or not.

Oops, sorry. We'll be there at the end of the month.

faline
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
I'd pick Wednesday through Friday as well. Still, I'd expect at least moderate, possibly heavy crowds at that time of year.

figgie
09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
My pick for you is Wed. to Fri. Although a lot of people take the weekend to weekend to travel which means less tourists on the weekend, well kinda, the locals tend to go on weekends because of their weekday work schedules, like everybody else. This is not saying everybody has a weekday 9-5 job, before everyone jumps down my throat, but the area is like anywhere else in the world. People work, kids go to school or day camps in the summer and the weekend is for kicking back and having a little fun. And, yes, it will be hot so plan on hydrating and airconditioning activities where you can.

MargaretMessler
09-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I would pick mid week hands down any time of the year, assuming there wasn't a special event going on.

With small children, you aren't going to see EVERYTHING comfortably in 3 days or 6, so don't sweat it. Start with MK (for the littles), and whatever you can fit in afterwards, that's bonus. Just make sure you build some mid day relaxation and cool down time in or no one (adults or kids) is going to be feeling the love by the end of the night.

Most importantly - HAVE FUN, and enjoy each other!

Gator
09-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Being July, it's gonna be crowded at anytime. Mid-week is better, but it won't be much better.

And just think, if you were Assemblies of God, you'd be in Orlando next summer for our national convention and wouldn't have all that driving time to worry about :)