PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Land

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
09-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Ok. So I've heard that Disney is making an Avatar Land ( Jame's Cameron's Version ). I don't know if this bugs anyone else but it really bothers me. I hate the Idea of it, it seems pointless and stupid. There is no disney magic in that movie its about a alen planet where humans kill people( *very disney like right!*sarcasm :mad:). I personally love Disney World but this just crossed the line for me. To make it even worse they are getting rid of Camp Minney Mickey to put this in. I will still go but it just wont be the same.

phlo8810
09-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Lucky for us it doesn't look like that land is ever going to happen!

Buttercup
09-06-2012, 09:37 PM
There's a whole thread you can read (actually, probably more than one if you scroll down far enough) in the News/Rumors forum here on Intercot. As of right now, that project is "on hold"...

MW1218
09-06-2012, 10:17 PM
There is no disney magic in that movie its about a alen planet where humans kill people( *very disney like right!*sarcasm :mad:).

you're right, nobody's ever died in a disney movie:secret:

DisneyGlutton
09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
There is no disney magic in that movie

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Star Tours and Indiana Jones at DHS? They're not Disney, but they're magic imho. Avatar would not be my first choice for its own land (that would be Lord the Rings) but I like the idea well enough. Camp Minnie Mickey is wasted space to me, so whether its Avatar land or something else, it needs to be redone.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
09-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you think of Star Tours and Indiana Jones at DHS? They're not Disney, but they're magic imho. Avatar would not be my first choice for its own land (that would be Lord the Rings) but I like the idea well enough. Camp Minnie Mickey is wasted space to me, so whether its Avatar land or something else, it needs to be redone.

I agree with the choice of lord of the rings love those movies( but sadly thats biased). The reason I think Star tours and Indiana Jones work is that they are at Hollywood Studios which is focused on cinema and what better movies to be put in a movie themed park than those two. I just dont think Avatar is a fit for animal kingdom at all and I think its a waste of time. I think it would be better of being put in Hollywood Studios but I'd perfer somthing else.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Ok. So I've heard that Disney is making an Avatar Land ( Jame's Cameron's Version ). I don't know if this bugs anyone else but it really bothers me. I hate the Idea of it, it seems pointless and stupid. There is no disney magic in that movie its about a alen planet where humans kill people( *very disney like right!*sarcasm :mad:). I personally love Disney World but this just crossed the line for me. To make it even worse they are getting rid of Camp Minney Mickey to put this in. I will still go but it just wont be the same.

People are killed in Star Wars, Indiana Jones, heck, Bambi's mother is killed in Bambi...

Camp Minnie-Mickey is meant to be a place holder... It is boring, drab, and needs replacing...

Your right, it won't be the same with Pandora it would be BETTER.. But hey, let's keep DAK stagnant for another 15 years...

Oh and forget LotR... As long as the estate follows JRR's wishes, LotR will NEVER be in a Disney park...

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM

Well I mean its kinda of a war movie( which I personally dont think fits). And only the really bad guys ever die in Disney movies like the Snow Queen, Ursala, Scar and Malificent. Nicer ones like Captain Hook and Jafar live.

Stu29573
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Doesnt matter... It looks like the project is dead anyway... This horse really did die.

DisneyGlutton
09-06-2012, 10:41 PM
People are killed in Star Wars, Indiana Jones, heck, Bambi's mother is killed in Bambi...

Oh and forget LotR... As long as the estate follows JRR's wishes, LotR will NEVER be in a Disney park...

I think they were being facetious about Disney not killing people, but it can be hard to tell on a discussion board, so idk.

As for LotR, I'm sure you're right, but I'll still keep dreaming!

DisneyGlutton
09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Nicer ones like Captain Hook and Jafar live.

How would Jafar count as nice villain???? :confused:

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
09-06-2012, 10:43 PM

Camp Minnie-Mickey is meant to be a place holder... It is boring, drab, and needs replacing...

I will agree but you also have to consider those are some of the most popular movies of all time and are still booming to this day while avatar on the other hand will probably be disregarded by the end of the decade. and I actually like Camp Minnie-Mickey a lot so thats just a matter of opion and so is mine.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I will agree but you also have to consider those are some of the most popular movies of all time and are still booming to this day while avatar on the other hand will probably be disregarded by the end of the decade. and I actually like Camp Minnie-Mickey a lot so thats just a matter of opion and so is mine.

$2.7 billion dollars begs to differ.... and to be fair, no one can say for certainty that Avatar wouldn't ever become a pop culture phenom... No one can predict the future no matter that fortune tellers say LOL...

But yes, you are right... everyone has an opinion on CMM and they all will differ.. The only fact is, CMM is meant to be a placeholder and temporary, thus the reason it is done on the cheap...

TinkerbellT421
09-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Isn't there also two additional Avatar movies in the works?

And what I get out of avatar land coming to DAK is the point of focus on the environment, saving the Earth and all of its creatures. Sure there is war, but there is a pretty violent war scene in Narnia. And I clearly remember balling my eyes out when Bambi's mother is killed by evil hunters, but that's off topic.

But anywho, personally I like the movie, secondly the sequels are supposedly supposed to focus more on their world of pandora, etc. so personally i think it fits in DAK just fine.

villavic
09-07-2012, 01:20 AM

Mufasa... Bambi's mother... :)

I'd love to see the Avatar World in a thematic park, no doubt:thumbsup:
But I do agree it doesn't fit in AK. That's a park for real animal (past or present), not aliens. Hollywood Studios would be the option.

Silver_Surfer
09-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Old Yeller, just saying. I liked him more than a lot of people:mickey:

Another vote for Avatar!

Melanie
09-07-2012, 05:47 AM
There's a whole thread you can read (actually, probably more than one if you scroll down far enough) in the News/Rumors forum here on Intercot. As of right now, that project is "on hold"...

Yes, so let's keep the discussion all in one place (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2298915#post2298915). :thumbsup: