PDA

View Full Version : Miami Port

JMTStone
09-06-2012, 06:36 PM
We are on the May 2 Bahamas cruise out of Miami. My question is - Disney says the provide transportation but we'll be coming from Vero Beach to Miami International.

How far is the port from airport? Cab it?

40 a person both ways seems pretty pricey 160 for the 4 of us....

Thanks in advance.

ElenitaB
09-06-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm a bit confused. You're staying at Vero Beach and then going to MIA? Where does the cruise fit in? Vero Beach is around 150 miles from the airport. If there are four of you, might you consider renting a car? If that is more or less costly, probably depends on how long you would be keeping the car and how much luggage you have with you (and potentially needing bigger car).

JMTStone
09-06-2012, 09:29 PM
We are flying into Miami, renting a van, driving up to Vero (passing our In-Laws in West Palm to pick them up), staying 4 or 5 days at Vero... then back to Miami. I realize its a long trip but they are over 90 and can't drive.... Renting a car from one airport (West Palm) and returning it to another (Miami) comes with a hefty surcharge.

At Miami, we will return the van and get transportation to the ship.

So... my inital thought was DH dropping us off at the port before returning the van. Then he can cab it. But he doesn't want us to split up (big baby).

So I'm torn. Transportation from DCL from Miami Airport or find another way?????

Sorry for the confusion.... It was much easier getting to and from Orlando from Vero but that isn't meant to be this trip.