PDA

View Full Version : August All Star Sports Adventure Part 4 EMH is not our friend

Beach Club Babe
09-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Friday, 8/17/12

Our goal today was to be at Epcot for EMH this morning. We almost achieved it, but this would be the first of several times where things didn't go quite as expected in regards to EMH.

Anyway, back to today. The first obstacle in our way was the bus. It seemed we waited, and waited, and waited for a bus to come. One would have thought that since it was EMH at Epcot that Epcot buses would have been more frequent, but 2 buses for every other park and Downtown Disney arrived before we got one for Epcot. This is the only time we encountered any bus trouble so to speak. I thought for All Stars, the bus service was exceptionally good. However, by the time we arrived at Epcot it was well after 8, and if that wasn't enough, we discovered that Ashleigh had left her ticket back at the room. We had to go to guest relations to have a new one issued. By the time we entered the gates, it was 8:35 or so.

Our plan had been to see if we could get a fastpass for Soarin' that would fit with the rest of our plans that day. I knew we would be out of luck, but Ron went to check anyway. While he did that, the rest of us rode Spaceship Earth. We met up afterwards and rode Nemo and then observed some aquatic life before moving on to Figment. it was now approaching 10:00 AM and we needed to head out already, which is why EMH was kind of crucial to our plans.

We had an 11:10 ADR at Chef Mickey's so we took the monorail to TTC and then boarded the resort monorail. When the monorail stopped at Magic Kingdom, it would not restart. They tried several times to power down and reboot it, but nothing helped. It was dead and they had to pry open the doors to get us out. Even though we had been running early, we were now late, so we walked over to the Contemporary and enjoyed breakfast with Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Mickey.

After we finished, Ashleigh and Jeff went back to the resort for a swim and I believe Matt also went for a nap. The rest of us took the monorail back over to Epcot. Once there, Emily and I rode Mission: Space Green Team, and then crossed over and got Soarin' fastpasses for after dinner. We also rode Living With The Land, did a little shopping in Mousegears, and rode Gran Fiesta Tour, and then heard from the gang that they were on their way back, but we would have to meet them at the gate as we had their tickets. Ron's toe had been bothering him and he did not want to do any more walking at this time, so we rode the boat from WS Plaza to Italy and back again. I then walked out to meet the kids to give them their tickets, while Ron rested his foot on a bench. After meeting back up, we still had some time before our ADR, so we wandered through Canada a bit, and then checked in a little early at Rose & Crown. We were given a lovely outdoor table that would have been perfect for Illuminations had it been later or if we had planned to see it this night. we had never been to this restaurant before May, when Ron and I tried it with Courtney and Jason. I couldn't believe I had missed this before, but it quickly became a must-do and I really wanted the other kids to try it and it definitely did not disappoint. Food was wonderful, and Matt and Ron enjoyed the beer sampler that they shared.

Following dinner we had a short wait for our fastpass window to open, so we looked around the shops in UK, with Ron buying his coveted Rooney shirt. We meandered over to The Land trying to let our meal digest a bit before we were able to ride Soarin'. Jeff was a little iffy on this one, but once he got used to it, it was fine. By the time we exited, Illuminations was beginning, so we high-tailed it out to beat some of the crowds.

Next Up: The Studios

faline
09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Tough to run into those issues when you all got early to attend the extra magic hour! Still, your day worked out quite will. Rose n Crown has long been a favorite dining spot for us - glad you enjoyed it as well!

Dopey's Girl
09-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Dang buses! As unpredictable as they are, I still love having them there!

Still sounds like a really fun day!

January-2007
09-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Tigerinvestigator
09-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the report. I love the Scotch Egg apetizer at Rose and Crown....it's like a whole breakfast wrapped in a little package!:thumbsup:

princessgirls
09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Heather!
Sounds like a rough morning!

I have to admit...I'm not a huge fan of the evening EMH...everyone swams that park, and it is impossible to do a thing!
Morning are good, if you can get there. The eager beavers who can rise and get out win!!! Sorry the bus got in your way. That's not fair, after you got up and out early.
Glad Jeff enjoyed a great day!
Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Rough start waiting for an Epcot bus when others just keep coming. But you sure turned it into another positive day!