PDA

View Full Version : The Simpson's Springfield On The Way?

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Project 971... calls for demolishing a building/buildings where Kwik-E Mart is located... Rumblings are the area will be come Springfield, home of the Simpsons...

Wouldn't it be pretty cool to dine (and drink) in Moe's Tavern???

DVC2004
09-06-2012, 04:16 PM
That would be cool! We were just there last month. That park really needs more! I know they are building out the area rumored to be more HP, huge part of the park closed off. Excited to see what is developing.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Maybe the Simpsons house with a permanent meet and greet similar to the Spongebob location?

The Simpsons are a personal favorite and I fulfilled a bucket list item in August getting a picture with Homer, Marge and Bart! :thumbsup:

While the Qwik-E-Mart setup is OK, a more show detailed replica would be cool.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Maybe the Simpsons house with a permanent meet and greet similar to the Spongebob location?

The Simpsons are a personal favorite and I fulfilled a bucket list item in August getting a picture with Homer, Marge and Bart! :thumbsup:

While the Qwik-E-Mart setup is OK, a more show detailed replica would be cool.

I'm sure a M&G will be included (aren't they included in everything today???)... but it seems it may be some sort of Springfield replica, so you may just wind up thrilled...

When more leaks out I'll let ya know...

NJGIRL
09-07-2012, 03:06 PM
If I remember correctly that area has plenty of room for another attraction. I wonder why they have to knock down that building. :confused:

Roger's #1 Fan
11-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Saw some recent pictures of the area where planters and tables have been removed.

Also heard that demo/constuction permits have been filed for this area of the park.

Let the building of Springfield begin! :number1:

bruin1344
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Project 971... calls for demolishing a building/buildings where Kwik-E Mart is located... Rumblings are the area will be come Springfield, home of the Simpsons...

Wouldn't it be pretty cool to dine (and drink) in Moe's Tavern???

i like it

DizneyFreak2002
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Saw some recent pictures of the area where planters and tables have been removed.

Also heard that demo/constuction permits have been filed for this area of the park.

Let the building of Springfield begin! :number1:

The water front of this area (on the lagoon) will be developed... With what is the question, so Springfield/KrustyLand (the theme park for Krusty the Clown) will extend to the lagoon...

mariak
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I've only been to Universal Hollywood. We've been holding off on Universal Orland because DD(9) hasn't been tall enough for Harry Potter. We loved the Simpsons ride at UH and, if Transformers really is coming, we may start splitting WDW trips with Universal! ....especially with all the things WDW keeps taking away while increasing prices!

Thanks for the updates! :thumbsup:

Maria

DizneyFreak2002
11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
I've only been to Universal Hollywood. We've been holding off on Universal Orland because DD(9) hasn't been tall enough for Harry Potter. We loved the Simpsons ride at UH and, if Transformers really is coming, we may start splitting WDW trips with Universal! ....especially with all the things WDW keeps taking away while increasing prices!

Thanks for the updates! :thumbsup:

Maria

It is official, Transformers is coming.. No more doubt... Universal announced it last week.. :)

DizneyFreak2002
11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow, this Springfield addition, if rumors are true, sounds awesome... A kiddie ride with a detailed themed queue will be part of the remake of the land and will be located on the lagoon and themed to Kodos and Kang... Moe'S tavern will be a part of the additional dining, as well as Krusty's Burgers, General Changs Taco Italiano, and Kentucky Fried Panda all taking up residence where IFFF currently resides... Duff Gardens will also be added along the lagoon waterfront... Lards Lads donuts and other food carts will be included...

As for more Simpsons, Homer and Marge and Apu's cars will be added, paking outside Kwik E Mart, the police car driven by Chief Wiggums will be crashed into a fire hydrant and have a water effect along with it... Guests will enter Springfield from the Kidzone side and enter Krustyland from the MIB side...

Sounds like this is going to be more massive than we all originally thought... :)

Roger's #1 Fan
11-16-2012, 07:12 AM
MUST....RETURN....TO.....UNIVERSAL....

Heard about the Duff Gardens and Kentucky Fried Panda info yesterday... the rest sounds even more awesome. :drool:

Thanks for the info!

Melanie
11-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I love Universal, but this is not something I can get on board about. I don't think I'd even visit this area. Everyone blasts Disney regarding too little too late (think American Idol for example), but I see this as exactly the same thing.

My husband used to be the biggest Simpson's fan there was. Now he could care less. I don't know anyone who watches the show anymore, and I know my kids (ages 14 and 12) have no interest either.

After something so grand and impressive as Wizarding World, why this? :ack: Just my little humble opinion. :blush:

John
11-16-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't agree at all Mel. The characters much like Disney's are classic yet in a different way. The show is on the air because it still gets ratings all these years later.

I'm all for it and for one would love to sip a duff beer in Moe's tavern or sample a Flaming Moe.

Bring it on... I think it will be great.

Melanie
11-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Bring it on... I think it will be great.

Have fun! ;)

Seriously, these just aren't characters I can get excited about. Sorry. :blush:

Roger's #1 Fan
11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Pedal to the metal on this project!

As quickly as the info came out and the walls went up, I saw some park pictures today where the International Food Fair has been basically gutted in short order. Should be knocking this venue down shortly....

DizneyFreak2002
11-20-2012, 01:34 PM

As quickly as the info came out and the walls went up, I saw some park pictures today where the International Food Fair has been basically gutted in short order. Should be knocking this venue down shortly....

I am amazed at how fast Universal is moving on all three projects: Transformers, Gringotts (Kings Cross has now gone vertical), and Springfield (which should be debuting with Transformers next summer)... Also the Cabana Bay project is moving pretty vast...

Imagine how fast they will have to move if they want to get that IOA project done for 2014, which is the current rumor... No work has been done yet other than minimal land prep in Seuss Landing...

Roger's #1 Fan
11-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Imagine how fast they will have to move if they want to get that IOA project done for 2014, which is the current rumor... No work has been done yet other than minimal land prep in Seuss Landing...

I'm thinking that project will take off after Grinchmas since Seuss Landing is the main area for Christmas in IOA.

Does the Potterverse celebrate Christmas or the holidays? I'm curious since I've not heard of any holiday decorations in Hogwarts.

DizneyFreak2002
11-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm with you, thinking anything in IOA won't start until after Christmas...

BTW, did you see the picture today from the Simpsons Ride? The queue was out of Krusty's mouth and down the walk way... Now we know why they are extending the queue too...

PirateLover
11-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I can see Mel's point. I think the "heyday" of the Simpsons has passed, but, on the other hand, I definitely think the characters and the number of years it has been around lend it much more staying power than Idol. I haven't watched a new Simpsons episode in I don't even know how many years, and I as well do not know anyone else that watches new episodes BUT I still have a huge affinity for the old episodes and I'm always making Simpsons references!

What they really need to do is make the Little Land of Duff ride. Duff beer for me, Duff beer for you, I'll have a Duff, you have one too! :beer::beer:

NJGIRL
11-23-2012, 02:23 AM

What!!! IMO this was one of the best counter service in the park. :thedolls:

DizneyFreak2002
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM
What!!! IMO this was one of the best counter service in the park. :thedolls:

It is now gone... Gutted and demolished...

Christine
11-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Does the Potterverse celebrate Christmas or the holidays? I'm curious since I've not heard of any holiday decorations in Hogwarts.

I was there last week and no, nothing Christmas was out. Of course it looks and feels it with the snow covered buildings. But no mention or decor of Happy Christmas in Hogsmeade.

NJGIRL
11-24-2012, 07:57 PM
It is now gone... Gutted and demolished...

That happened fast. It was there at the end of Oct when we were there, but it wasn't opened. Unless I was seeing things. lol.

DizneyFreak2002
11-24-2012, 11:10 PM
That happened fast. It was there at the end of Oct when we were there, but it wasn't opened. Unless I was seeing things. lol.

Nope... gone. The inside anyway... The building framework is still up, but the entire front of the building will be torn down... The front will be rebuilt to resemble the restaurants taking over the building... The facade will look like each individual restaurant from the show...

Oh, and say good-bye to the world flags by the lagoon...

Cinderelley
11-25-2012, 11:13 PM
I never liked The Simpson's, but I know a lot of people do. It is nice that Universal is trying to keep things going.

DizneyFreak2002
11-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I never liked The Simpson's, but I know a lot of people do. It is nice that Universal is trying to keep things going.

They learned that creating a well themed area with specialty items and one of a kind merchandise is a winning formula... They learned people want to be brought into the surroundings... They learned this with Wizarding World... This is why you see what you see happening at Universal... They finally learned... Plus they have an owner and management team that cares about the theme parks unlike previous management/ownership... It shows... It really shows... Their growth since Wizarding World opened is amazing... This is only the beginning of a massive 5-10 year plan... People will not recognize the resort...

Roger's #1 Fan
12-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Heard some new rumors ahout a flat ride added to the Simpsons section,,,themed to Kang & Kodos. Anyone head about this?

DizneyFreak2002
12-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Heard some new rumors ahout a flat ride added to the Simpsons section,,,themed to Kang & Kodos. Anyone head about this?

It's a spinner... will be located at the edge of the lagoon, in the newly designed waterfront...

Melanie
12-05-2012, 06:46 AM
It's a spinner... will be located at the edge of the lagoon, in the newly designed waterfront...

That's original. ;)

DizneyFreak2002
12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
That's original. ;)

LOL... :) I know, unfortunately, nothing is original anymore today Mel.. Not in Hollywood, not in the theme park industry... Everything is rebooting or cloning...

But, that doesn't mean this isn't a worthwhile addition because it is... it is much needed... Universal does not have a spinner (not that I feel spinners are ever needed)... But part of the knocks on Universal is there is not enough for kids... Well, this is the start of adding more kid-friendly rides (with the KidZone refurbishment coming supposedly in 2015)... I think this will be pretty popular with the young ones, and Simpsons fans alike... And it isn't the main attraction to the area's make over... Moe's, the Duff Gardens, and the dining options really are meant to be the big draw...

Roger's #1 Fan
12-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Anyone heard a timetable on this referb/redo? I've just made plans to head back to DW in mid-July and was wondering if there was any reason to try and make a side trip to USO for another Simpsons fix.

DizneyFreak2002
12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Anyone heard a timetable on this referb/redo? I've just made plans to head back to DW in mid-July and was wondering if there was any reason to try and make a side trip to USO for another Simpsons fix.

Summer 2013.... They are aiming for June, to open with Transfomers...

Roger's #1 Fan
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Oh Man! Just saw some recent photo updates on another site with a full layout of what the new themed area will look like.

Imagine walking towards Krustyland from the Kidzone side and into downtown Springfield with a "Welcome to Springfield" and a pathway themed to match the street on the show. A large Lard Lad donut statue also welcomes you as you enter the fully themed area.

Duff Gardens with seating by the water with the new Kang and Kodos spinner on the far right.

The redesigned IFFF will now be sub-divided into familar Springfield eateries: Kentucky Fried Panda, Moe’s, Krusty Burger, and General Chang’s Taco Italiano.

I am seriously considering making a special trip to US when I am down there in mid-July

Roger's #1 Fan
04-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Things are really moving along in Springfield. The Kang/Kodos themed spinner base is almost done and the steel is starting to go up for Duff Gardens.

On the redo of the IFFF venue, Moe's Tavern is finished on the outside (sans sign) and I just saw an interior shot today. Looks very cool! There are a few changes, since the idea of KFP was nixed and a new venue name has not been announced yet. Krustyburger needs its roof finished and the final facade had changed to Android's Dungeon from General Chang’s Taco Italiano and will just be a pass through to the restrooms (no interior).

Apparently the kitchen which services the workers in this area is closing down this weekend for a refurb so I think they are getting close on the interior changes as well.

My trip has been pushed back to mid-August so I am still holding out hope to see this completed.

DizneyFreak2002
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey Roger's, thanks for posting the updated information...

The replacement for KFP is supposed to feature a popular or at least known character and be something unique to the park... But what it is, who knows?

Roger's #1 Fan
05-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, they are about a month or so out from opening this new mini-land! :number1:

Moe's exterior is pretty much complete. They hung and covered the sign yesterday. Android's Dungeon has its finished paint (green of course) and its purple and white striped awning. Still no clue/reveal on how the rest of the facade will look (window and door). Krustyburger is complete and the base for the free standing singage is in place and covered. The replacement for KFP will be Cletus' Fried Chicken and this is apparent based on the corregated tin roof and exposed faux-wood beams that are on the facade.

Gettin' hungry!!!!

DizneyFreak2002
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Announcement expected tomorrow...

The wind kicked up a bit today and blew off part of the covering on the sign of the restaurant which replaced KFP... Cletus's picture, along with some chickens, was exposed... Pictures have been floating around online...

Roger's #1 Fan
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Announcement expected tomorrow...

The wind kicked up a bit today and blew off part of the covering on the sign of the restaurant which replaced KFP... Cletus's picture, along with some chickens, was exposed... Pictures have been floating around online...

They took the covers off the signs this morning. Cletus' Chicken Shack is the name of the third eatery along with Moes and Krustyburger.

The rumor was that the "Today" show would make the formal announcement, but that appears to have been false. Universal may just issue a press release today on its own.

Man, this place looks great! :D

PirateLover
05-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Can't wait to take my photo with the Jebediah Springfield statue! It does look great.

DizneyFreak2002
05-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Here is the press release:

ORLANDO, Fla. (May 23, 2013) - Woo Hoo! Springfield, hometown to America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, comes to life at Universal Orlando Resort launching this summer.

The expansive, new area within Universal Studios will be anchored by the mega-attraction, The Simpsons Ride, and will allow guests to enter the world of The Simpsons like never before. It will be the only place in the world where guests can walk the streets of Springfield. It will include a brand-new outdoor attraction, places and foods pulled right from the show and two new Simpsons characters who will make their debut with the new area – Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob.

And yes – there will be Duff Beer, brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando.

For the first time ever – anywhere – fans will be able to walk down Fast Food Boulevard and visit the places that helped Springfield stake its claim as “Shelbyville by the Sea.” They will be able to grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, snatch the catch of the day at the Frying Dutchman, get a slice at Luigi’s Pizza, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, enjoy a “Taco Fresho” with Bumblebee Man and imbibe at Moe’s Tavern.

The new attraction – called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl – will take “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send them into orbit.

“This will be a must-see experience for Simpsons fans all over the world,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. “For the first time ever, they’re going to be able to enter a world that they’ve only seen on television – and we’re really excited to bring that world to life.”

“This new expansion will broaden and deepen the already incredible experience at Universal, by bringing to life the iconic landmarks of Springfield that fans have grown to love,” said Jeffrey Godsick, President, Fox Consumer Products. “Fans will literally be able to live and breathe Springfield as they visit the statue of Jebediah, enjoy a Krusty Burger, and have a seat at Moe’s Tavern, which are just a few of the great experiences awaiting at Universal.”

"It has been an honor to bring the world of the Simpsons to life in such a letter-perfect way,” said Denise Sirkot, President, Worldwide Brand, Gracie Films. “Truly this is the Krustyest place on earth."

For more information, visit www.universalorlando.com (http://www.universalorlando.com).

About THE SIMPSONS
The longest running scripted show in television history, THE SIMPSONS exploded into a cultural phenomenon in 1990 and has remained one of the most groundbreaking and innovative entertainment franchises, recognizable throughout the world. Matt Groening created the iconic family: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. Currently in its record-annihilating 25th season, THE SIMPSONS celebrated their historic 500th episode in February 2012. The series has won 27 Emmy Awards, been the subject of a hit feature film, created “Krustyland” and a revolutionary virtual coaster – The Simpsons Ride – at Universal Studios, received a Star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame, been honored with five U.S. postal stamps personally designed by Matt Groening, and named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time Magazine.

THE SIMPSONS is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, and Al Jean are the Executive Producers. The Gracie Films Worldwide Brand Division develops and produces the licensed content for the series. Film Roman is the animation house.

About Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products
A recognized industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products licenses and markets properties worldwide on behalf of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Twentieth Television and Fox Broadcasting Company, as well as third party lines. The division is aligned with Twentieth Century Fox Television, one of the top suppliers of primetime entertainment programming to the broadcast networks.

About Universal Orlando Resort
There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It’s the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained – you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, be transformed into a banana-loving minion in the hilarious and heartwarming Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Universal Orlando Resort is an NBCUniversal company.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Universal Orlando Public Relations
http://media.universalorlando.com
(407) 363-8220

I love the concept art... This area is going to look spectacular...

clausjo
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
We'll be there June 6th through the 9th. Will this be open then? We'd love to be able to eat at Krusty's and go to Moes!

DizneyFreak2002
05-24-2013, 11:02 AM
We'll be there June 6th through the 9th. Will this be open then? We'd love to be able to eat at Krusty's and go to Moes!

Doubtful... They were targeting June 20th... But the waterfront still has a lot of construction left... The restaurants may be ready to open June 20th though... Unless they just wait to open the whole area together...

clausjo
05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Darn, well we'll need to plan another trip then!

Thanks for the update!

DizneyFreak2002
05-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Darn, well we'll need to plan another trip then!

Thanks for the update!

Don't give up just yet... Of course, I mean, you'll have to book another trip anyway for the Potter expansion.... But, if you are interested in trying some food and drink from the Simpsons, Krustyburger may open around June 1 or so and Duff Beer may start selling around the same time...

Hopefully, for you, you may just get a chance... If not, like you said, just another reason to book another trip...

Christine
07-07-2013, 03:25 PM
DH and I went yesterday and it is adorable! Like stepping into the cartoon! We had a Duff beer and a Flaming Moe at Moe's Tavern. Check out INTERCOT's twitter feed for pics!

Very well done!

mgmnut
07-10-2013, 10:25 PM
We will be down in August, first time spending a couple of days on site. I can't wait to see it!!! Duff Beer at Moe's is a must! :beer:

23 years and still running, that's crazy. I remember the Simpsons when they were just quick rough shorts between skits on the Tracy Ullman show.