PDA

View Full Version : SO Excited - Marathon Weekend Here We Come!!

Melanie
09-06-2012, 06:58 AM
My hubby took the plunge last night and signed up for his third straight Goofy Challenge. :goofy: So that means quick weekend trip for the two of us! :joy:

One of our favorite things to do when we lived in Florida was to participate in the runDisney events. My hubby and boys love to run them, and while I did a few myself, my preference is to be a spectator/cheerleader. :cheer:

James couldn't resist the chance to run the 20th anniversary race, and I'm just so happy to tag along. I LOVE going into the Magic Kingdom before dawn and cheering the runners up Main Street! :thumbsup: Plus, this is the front end of his going for the Coast to Coast medal, so looks like we'll be headed to Disneyland next September. :mickey3:

Oh, and since I'll missing new Fantasyland when we're all down next month for ICOT15, we'll get to see it in January! :tink:

Okay, now to settle on exact dates and contact the wonderful Wendy at Magical Journeys. :)

VWL Mom
09-06-2012, 07:19 AM
What a great little bonus getaway :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
That's awesome Mel!

I have been there for marathon weekend a few times, and always get up early to cheer on the runners. My aunt and uncle are marathoners, and they always loved the cheering section.

Have fun!

AgentC
09-06-2012, 12:48 PM
:thumbsup: