PDA

View Full Version : How good is Disney at making sure refurbs don't affect guest experience?

mom2morgan
09-05-2012, 10:25 PM
For instance, I see that while I'll be at CBR the "Old Port Royale entrance" will be undergoing refurbishment. I'm picturing myself walking under scaffolding and through plastic hung doors (which obviously won't happen ;-) or just having to go way out of my way, or seeing an ugly construction mess, etc.

Mousemates
09-05-2012, 10:49 PM
it kind of varies and tends to depend upon individual variables like your room location and how much time you spend at the resort...most refurb action takes place in regular construction times when folks are in the parks. however if the work is being done near your room or the pool you use you will often get some bleedover noise.

the only refurb that ever bothered us was during a stay at the WL...we tend ot slide back by the room/pool in the late afternoon for a swim/nap...and the noise made the nap not happen.

Disney Hungarian
09-06-2012, 08:22 AM
In general I would say that Disney is above average for trying not to disturb guests.

Last week at the AS-sp the main pool was closed for refurb. It was a major refurb. The concrete had started cracking, so all of the bad concrete had to be removed. This involved wet saws and jack hammers. Even Disney can't make those things quiet. They would start up at about 9am. But, to Disney's credit. They had a life guard posted at the pool during operating hours offering to take guests to either the Music or Movie pool. If you wanted to go to one of those pools; they would take you there and drop you off. When you were ready to return to Sports, you only had to tell a life guard there and they would send a car to bring you back. :thumbsup:

Crow
09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
not too early. from wat i saw at WL, during the day wen most people are at parks they were working on rooms.