PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in 2 weeks, need to add a person to ADR

lawgirl
09-05-2012, 06:12 PM
My friend is going to be joining us for a meal at Cape May buffet. The reservations are for 6 people, and I've checked about cancelling / rebooking, and there is no availibility for any character dining for that day and time.

I thought I had read somewhere that you can call the restaurant directly (not the WDW main dining#) and ask to add a person without having to cancel / rebook. Is that correct? Do you think they will have a problem with that? Also, one of the six is my infant daughter, who will not be in a chair, so we will actually have an empty chair at the table (I know the headcount is for fire code purposes), but do you think they would be ok with adding another adult in these circumstances? Do I need to ask for the manager when I call?\

Also, how far in advance of the reservation do I need to call to check on this?

Thanks so much!

phlo8810
09-05-2012, 07:24 PM
I would not do a thing. 2 years ago my BIL/SIL and niece joined us last minute. It was too late to get them on any adr's when I called. But the cast member told me not to worry about it that they usually will be accomadating. Well sure enough we had 3 extra people for all our adr's. Didn't have a single problem when checking in except for a slight delay waiting for a bigger table.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
It shouldn't be a problem, but if you can change the reservation (try making it for 8, instead of 7, the system doesn't always like odd numbers) it would be best, just to be sure.

It is possible that they will turn you away, if they really are booked solid, but it is more likely that you'll just have to wait for a larger table (unless, as you said, they can squish you all in, since one is a baby).

disneynarula
09-06-2012, 11:08 AM
We had a similar situtaion a few years back. We had an infant and my MIL decided to come at the last minute. We were almost turned away at the Coral Reef but they found a table for us at the last minute. I did end up holding my DS in a few places. We were a party of four and added a fifth.

You may try calling instead of using the online system.

#1donaldfan
09-06-2012, 12:09 PM
:cool:...just show up, they will seat you with the additional person !! We have done it several times and have not had a problem.....

Gator
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
It happened to us just once. We had to add 2 people to our reservation over at Boma's. It took us a little while to be seated, but it wasn't more than 30 minutes. That was longer than I'd normally want to wait for ADRs, but seeing as how they accomodated us, I was happy. However, I wouldn't trust that very often or at other very popular places to eat.

Minnie4me
09-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I had the same situation.

I am going in 2 weeks and have ADR's for Cape May for dinner.

I wanted to add my sister and brother in law to the ADR. I called Disney Dining and asked if I could change my ADR from 6 to 8 guests....Done.

lawgirl
09-07-2012, 01:25 PM

I wanted to add my sister and brother in law to the ADR. I called Disney Dining and asked if I could change my ADR from 6 to 8 guests....Done.

Cool...guess I will do that as well!

lawgirl
09-07-2012, 01:44 PM

Just curious, I've checked and Cape May brunch buffet is completely booked when we are going...was it also booked for the night you are going? In the past, they've made me cancel the reservation, and then rebook it for the larger party. But its been a while since I've had to do that.

Minnie4me
09-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah...there was nothing available online for dinner for 8 guests at Cape May on the night I had a reservation for 6 guests. I just figured I would call to see what they could do. They didn't ask me to cancel my current reservation for 6...they just bumped it up to 8 guests.

Hope they can work some magic for you!!