View Full Version : Fantasmic Hosts?!?

IamBelle
09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I went to see Fantasmic on September 1st and about 30 minutes before the show started, three hosts were introduced to the crowd. They went around the stadium and talked to people from all over the world about their experiences on their vacation. They then split the audience in half and had a singing competition between the two sides. At the end, they had a Disney trivia game between two families. It was a great, entertaining experience that made waiting for the show go by extremely quick! The hosts weren't there when I went last year, does anybody know when this started? Have you been picked out of the crowd by them?

Gator
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I've never seen anything like that before. Sounds like it would be lots of fun. All I've ever seen is a bunch of tour groups screaming at their celebrities. For a whole hour. Non-stop.

buzznwoodysmom
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I haven't seen anything like that either. Sounds interesting. Every time we've been in the crowd waiting for Fantasmic to start we had fun doing the wave. LOL.

faline
09-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Sounds like the days when Fantasmic was a brand new show and there were folks who helped keep the audience entertained while waiting for the show. It has been quite some time, though, since Disney provided this sort of transition from sitting around and waiting until the show.

FriendsofMickey
09-05-2012, 09:24 PM
We experienced this pre-show in May and June. It was not there in December when we were there.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-06-2012, 08:50 AM
They were there in mid-August during our trip. Made the wait much more tolerable.

Another "interactive queue" experience....LOL

Quadstriker
09-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Have never seen that, but sounds like a lot of fun

figgie
09-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I also remember the early days when they provided entertainment before the show. Sure made the waiting much easier. If they are doing that again in any form, kudos to Disney!

Lindsey310
09-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I saw this too on 8/31 and it was great to pass the time!! I loved the Disney trivia and it sure beats sitting there checking your watch every 2 seconds waiting for the show to start! I loved it!:mickey:

Butters
09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Saw this in Feb, it was a nice change from just gazing at a dark stage