PDA

View Full Version : Ferry to MK?

minnie-mouse
09-05-2012, 04:51 PM
How often does the ferry run to MK from TTC? Is there seating on the boat?

Strmchsr
09-05-2012, 05:11 PM
It runs continuously and there's usually 2 running (sometimes 3 when it's really busy). But, if you just miss one sometimes it can be 15-20 min before the next arrives. Yes, there is seating on the ferry, though it's obviously limited and can be quite crowded at opening and closing times. The rest of the time it's usually not a big deal.

minnie-mouse
09-06-2012, 12:11 PM
So it runs all day?

steamboat willy
09-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes, the Ferryboats run from opening to closing. There is seating on both lower and upper decks. Usually when one boat leaves MK, the other leaves TTC. During peak times or special events, a 3rd Ferry is in the middle. It only takes about 10 minutes to get from one dock to the other, plus boarding and un-boarding.
First few hours in the morning, the Ferry's coming into TTC are empty, so boarding is pretty fast. Evenings at the MK are kind of the same because most guest are leaving. Day time it's pretty equal with boarding and un-loading.
Cast-Off...:sail:

minnie-mouse
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks so much. My kids are looking forward to the boat ride. Me too. :mickey:

Altair
09-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Take the monorail to the MK, but it's usually faster to take the ferry back to the TTC.:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I love the ferry. Most times it's not nearly as busy as the monorail, and it reminds me of our first trip. We recreate that picture every chance we have.

minnie-mouse
09-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone! We have usually stayed at the Poly so we always took the monorail. This trip we will be at a moderate and have our car parked at TTC, so I am looking forward to trying the boat.:thumbsup:

steamboat willy
09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
May I also suggest catching a Launch in front of MK and taking the boat ride over to Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary Resort. Disembark at the CR and Monorail back to MK! :sail: