PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Buy Refillable Cups

DisnIse
09-05-2012, 03:37 PM
We are surprising our kids on Christmas morning with a New Year's stay at Yacht and Beach.
I want to put the refillable cups in their stockings to give them a hint of where we are going, and then other clues to bring them to the Yacht and Beach conclusion.
Is there a general merchandise number that I can call to order the cups and have them shipped home?

I'm thinking about having "breakfast" on Christmas morning be a ginormous ice cream sundae like they serve at the ice cream place at the Beach Club.... but I'm generally not THAT cool of a mom!

buzznwoodysmom
09-05-2012, 04:47 PM
We are surprising our kids on Christmas morning with a New Year's stay at Yacht and Beach.
I want to put the refillable cups in their stockings to give them a hint of where we are going, and then other clues to bring them to the Yacht and Beach conclusion.
Is there a general merchandise number that I can call to order the cups and have them shipped home?

I'm thinking about having "breakfast" on Christmas morning be a ginormous ice cream sundae like they serve at the ice cream place at the Beach Club.... but I'm generally not THAT cool of a mom!

The mugs would be a cool surprise, but I've never heard of being able to pre order them.

Knowing my kids they would ask me why I put our old mugs in their stockings. LOL. Disney usually uses the same mug design for around 2 years so if they are still using mugs you already have from a previous trip your kids might not get it.

You could do a gift with Beach Club or Yacht Club tshrits. I saw those sold in the gift shops. They also had cute resort specific luggage tags, pins, cups, and a few other things. You could wrap them each a tshirt from the resort with a note from Mickey saying "See Ya Real Soon". That would take care of the trip and resort surprise. I'm sure those shirts are available through the merchandise number to be shipped to your home.

There is a number to call for merchandise, but I'm not sure what it is. I'll try to come back later with the number if no one else does.

VWL Mom
09-05-2012, 05:00 PM
While it's a great idea, I'm not sure you would want to chance it. This is the second year for the current mugs so they may be changing by years end.

The number for merchandise guest services is 1-877-560-6477

BTW, my kids would love a kitchen sink for breakfast :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
While it's a great idea, I'm not sure you would want to chance it. This is the second year for the current mugs so they may be changing by years end.

I am guessing the OP is going this Christmas. If Disney does as they have in the past, the new mugs won't come out until early next year. I don't think I ever recall them starting the new mugs at the end of the year.

If I remember correctly the new design had JUST come right before our trip in early March of 2011. I was keeping an eye on the mug thread because I was really hoping for a new design that year since we already had two sets of the previous one at the time. I want to say the new one didn't start to roll out till mid to late Feb. that year.

Madame Leona
09-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm just wondering if I can come for breakfast :blush:

faline
09-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Since the mugs are good for the length of any single visit, I don't think there would be a way to buy them prior to arrival. You could purchase other Disney themed mugs for them as a substitute.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM

You can find them on eBay.

minnie04
09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
You should call the resort directly and ask them what they have on the floor now. I’m sure a cast member can look for you. This way you will know for sure. :mickey:

I just saw them on Ebay as well. they show you whats out for 2012..

DisnIse
09-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks!
I might just put a Facebook post out to my friends and see if anyone happens to be going down this fall. I would think SOMEONE is hitting Food and Wine or the Not So Scary. I can just see if they can get them for me, too!

110 days.... but who's counting!?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-07-2012, 02:07 PM
This is a tricky one, since the mugs are good for the stay during which they were purchased, at the resort where they were purchased.

So, even if someone bought you a mug, and brought it back to you unused, it is still, technically, breaking Disney's policy.

The online store sells some great mugs and cups, that you could use, or perhaps if you called the park merchandising, you could order some resort-specfic items.

You could also do things like some pins, something for the plane (if you fly), lots of Disney-themed items out there.

The mugs would have been a great idea!