PDA

View Full Version : Ear Plugs for Toddlers

faberj
09-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone with toddlers have used ear plugs successfully???

My 2 yr old DS, sometimes is sensitive to odd noises and was wondering if anyone has used them without issue so he can enjoy things he is interested in (ie fireworks) without the loud noise hurting his ears.

JMTStone
09-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone with toddlers have used ear plugs successfully???

My 2 yr old DS, sometimes is sensitive to odd noises and was wondering if anyone has used them without issue so he can enjoy things he is interested in (ie fireworks) without the loud noise hurting his ears.

When my baby (Now 10) was little, we bought the ear plugs for fireworks and such. We got the Mack ear plugs for children. What I liked about them is they were not foam. More like putty. It seemed to fit in the ear and stay better. And DD loved them because they were hot pink (they have other colors as well)

Gator
09-05-2012, 06:19 PM
We just use cotton. Sure, it doesn't take all the noise away. But it does take the edge off. I know my son hated the booming fireworks, and would always get freaked out at the giant whoosh of air on Imagination at Epcot.

faline
09-05-2012, 07:05 PM
My nephew isn't a big fan of fireworks. My brother bought him ear protectors (looks like what the folks wear at the airports to protect against noise). He barely wore them on our last trip but he liked the comfort of knowing they were available.

diz_girl
09-06-2012, 04:01 PM
My brother bought him ear protectors (looks like what the folks wear at the airports to protect against noise).

We have ear protectors for both of our boys. When we were at WDW in November, our DS1 was only 10 months and we put them on him so he could sleep through fireworks and he was fine. Our DS5 doesn't need them for fireworks anymore, but he still uses them when he helps DH in the yard (leafblower, etc.).

We got them from the Earplug Store. While they are more expensive than earplugs or cotton balls, it's worth it.

faberj
09-07-2012, 11:09 AM
We have ear protectors for both of our boys. When we were at WDW in November, our DS1 was only 10 months and we put them on him so he could sleep through fireworks and he was fine. Our DS5 doesn't need them for fireworks anymore, but he still uses them when he helps DH in the yard (leafblower, etc.).

We got them from the Earplug Store. While they are more expensive than earplugs or cotton balls, it's worth it.

Thank you for the suggestion!!! I just ordered a pair for my DS for our trip. He likes the fireworks just unsure if the noise will bother him or not. Better to be safe then sorry and I just booked our reservation for the Tomorrowland Terrace on 11/5 for the fire works dessert party! :mickey:

FriendsofMickey
09-07-2012, 11:51 AM
You might want to keep them handy for some of the shows as well (Philarmagic, Muppets,..) those shows where the ones I noticed my girls had issues with when they were younger. Thought they never had an issue with the fireworks.