PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasmic

Jared
09-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Multiple news outlets in the Orlando area are reporting that Disney is hosting a media event sometime this afternoon or this evening. The company is expected to announce an updated version of Fantasmic!, that will include an expanded theater and new scenes. Whether it will use the "Glow with the Show" technology remains to be seen.

As of now, this is still just a rumor, but it certainly makes sense. All signs point to Disney's next project being a overhaul of Hollywood Studios. The current Fantasmic! is on its last leg, and it would require a massive refurbishment to restore it. We should know more by the end of the day (I hope).

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Well part of this announcement is Fantasmic will be getting 1000 more seats... They need it for some reason, if you catch my drift... VROOM VROOM off to the races...

New show scenes will be welcome... The show is really a shell of its former self... We'll know by the end of the day...

Melanie
09-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Only 1000? I don't know, you'd think it would be more.

I'm excited about this, as Fantasmic! is my fav nighttime show. Now if I could just get sold on this Glow with the Show technology. :unsure:

disneymom15
09-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Can't wait for the news. Hope it's good.

Jared
09-05-2012, 02:09 PM

I'm excited about this, as Fantasmic! is my fav nighttime show. Now if I could just get sold on this Glow with the Show technology. :unsure:
The theater currently only holds around 8,000. I don't think another 1,000 isn't too shabby. But I did have the same thought at first. Perhaps the change will add more standing room as well?

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2012, 02:10 PM

1000 that is what people are saying... Whether they are mistaken, i honestly don't know, have to wait for the official announcement...

I would hate for that Glow with the Show stuff to pop up here.. It doesn't work unless EVERYONE is wearing one of the ear hats... Otherwise, 5 people in the crowd and it looks just silly...

I'd be happy with updated effects, new show scenes, and a return to the Fantasmic that was once the best night time show on property...

darthmacho
09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Love Fantasmic, and glad we got to see it. I was worried that it was going to get cancelled as it rained really hard right up until the show, but it stopped just in time, and then it started again afterwards. That was very lucky...or perhaps it was magic? :mickey:

Goofeygal
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
can't wait to hear about it.

Altair
09-05-2012, 06:49 PM
How about getting the DL dragon?:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Well the announcement has been made official... Just as I said, 1000 seats added to Fantasmic... And that's it... No new scenes, no new technology... Nothing.. Just more seats... What do I always say??? Expect nothing from TDO and they will never disappoint...

Altair
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Well the announcement has been made official... Just as I said, 1000 seats added to Fantasmic... And that's it.

I'd be happier if they would just add backrests and padding to the existing seats.:(

HackLaSalle
09-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Obviously adding capacity can be a harbinger of what is rumored to come.

Bethanymouse
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I'd be happier if they would just add backrests and padding to the existing seats.:(
Agree! And you always have to get there sooooo early to get a seat. Those seats are unbearable!

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Wait... everyone want the kicker??? they invited the press to this... To Fantasmic.... Yes, they actually invited the press to announce 1000 new seats... I don't know whether to laugh at this or cry cause of how inept and sad this management team is...

Jared
09-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Wait... everyone want the kicker??? they invited the press to this... To Fantasmic.... Yes, they actually invited the press to announce 1000 new seats... I don't know whether to laugh at this or cry cause of how inept and sad this management team is...
As somebody who works for a major news outlet, I can say that Disney inviting the press to this event is completely tone-deaf and borders on downright unprofessional. Media outlets have limited resources these days. I can guarantee to you there were a lot of angry slot editors and reporters at Fantasmic! this evening. There's no excuse for dragging all those people out to the park to announce absolutely nothing.

This was a non-event and it once again proves Orlando management's complete ineptitude. I don't use this word often, but this is truly pathetic.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
As somebody who works for a major news outlet, I can say that Disney inviting the press to this event is completely tone-deaf and borders on downright unprofessional. Media outlets have limited resources these days. I can guarantee to you there were a lot of angry slot editors and reporters at Fantasmic! this evening. There's no excuse for dragging all those people out to the park to announce absolutely nothing.

This was a non-event and it once again proves Orlando management's complete ineptitude. I don't use this word often, but this is truly pathetic.

Thank you... As someone in print media, you'd know how you'd, and others would feel.. If I was sitting there, invited to a Disney press event to announce something, and was told 1000 new benches, I'd look around for Ashton Kutcher thinking I was being punk'd...

And to put things in perspective how inept this team is... They announced Avatar through the blog... They invite press to this...

Jared
09-05-2012, 10:09 PM
And to put things in perspective how inept this team is... They announced Avatar through the blog... They invite press to this...
Great point. Their biggest announcement in years is made on their propaganda blog, yet they invite media to tell them about benches at an outdated nighttime show. I can't even begin to understand what they were thinking.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Great point. Their biggest announcement in years is made on their propaganda blog, yet they invite media to tell them about benches at an outdated nighttime show. I can't even begin to understand what they were thinking.

They were thinking, SEE MEDIA WE HAVE ENCHANTED MAGICAL BENCHES TOO!!!!

Melanie
09-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Wow.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2012, 11:32 PM
LoL, people posting this on Disney Parks Blog FB page:

Sweet! This is awesome who needs new rides at your least attended park when you can add benches! Kudos TDO your new benches will be another reason to jack up ticket prices and give 0 reasons to get an annual pass. Well done!

LOL....

HackLaSalle
09-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Hmm. Fireworks going off after Wishes ended tonight... maybe everyone jumped to conclusions a bit quickly.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Hmm. Fireworks going off after Wishes ended tonight... maybe everyone jumped to conclusions a bit quickly.

Jumping to conclusions about what??? The announcement was 1000 new seats... BENCHES... that was the huge announcement.. The only jumping to conclusions was TDO would actually fix the show...

HackLaSalle
09-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Meh, I jumped to conclusions seems as if it was only HalloWishes testing.

Altair
09-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Maybe the new benches will be on the other side of the water, right in the middle of the action.:blush:

brownie
09-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Adding a thousand seats doesn't really seem a very newsworthy announcement.

disneynarula
09-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Bummer...
I am still trying to decide if it is worth keeping the kids out late for Fantasmic!.

Mousemates
09-06-2012, 09:09 AM
no reason to get too excited about this either way, because chances are that sooner or later we will get a thread something along the lines of "New Fantasmic Bench Expansion Project Now on Hold" after TDO discovers they can't work out the details with the project manager.

It is also somewhat likely that before its all over the 1,000 seats will turn into 137, because sooner or later the bean-counters will get involved and force them to pare things down in a cost cutting move.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Maybe the new benches will be on the other side of the water, right in the middle of the action.:blush:

They are going in at the top, where the guests stood...

Anyone read the article on Orlando Sentinel's site??? Yea, Danny Cockerell is really off of is rocker... Read it and you'll see just how out of touch with reality these people are... And to think, he may be the one who replaces Crofton when she leaves... Frightening thought...

CMCTxMom
09-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I would hate for that Glow with the Show stuff to pop up here.. It doesn't work unless EVERYONE is wearing one of the ear hats... Otherwise, 5 people in the crowd and it looks just silly...

True.

But if many DO have ear hats, it adds a benefit to being in the back of the show. People in front won't be able to see the effects... but it might almost be a "perk" for being in back... if you are tall enough to see over the ears.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-06-2012, 12:04 PM
One marketing ploy to boost ears in attendance would be to include them in the Fantasmic dining package. The bean counters would just love that one.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 12:07 PM
True.

But if many DO have ear hats, it adds a benefit to being in the back of the show. People in front won't be able to see the effects... but it might almost be a "perk" for being in back... if you are tall enough to see over the ears.

Yea, providing many shell out $25 bucks for the ears... That is the problem in DCA... Many are NOT shelling out the $25 for the ears... Notice how it only works in press events (where they hand the hats out for free to the invited guests) and how bad it is when it is a regular crowd...

Gator
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Good grief, talk about negative. I actually like the fact that there'll be 1000 more seats in that arena. It's always full and can use some more space. Shoot, I'm just glad that it's on every night like it used to be instead of that twice-a-week garbage. I love Fantasmic! and I can't see why they'd need to update or change it unless they were implementing a whole new show.

As for the press event, I dont' get that. But as a marketing guy, I invite the press to every single small thing I do at my job. Do they show up most of the time? No. But I invite them anyway. That's why it's called marketing. Creating a sense of great value from something of average value.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Not negative at all.. Here is why this is typical dumb TDO:

1) This does not add capacity...

2) The show is a shell of its former self... Many effects are broken... The show is stale... Compare it to DL... DL has had 4 or 5 major upgrades and improves... WDW: none....

3) Instead of taking the thousands of dollars this will cost to fix the show and spruce it up, they add seats.. THEN BRAG ABOUT IT...

4) Perspective: Avatar, one of the biggest partnerships in WDW history and it is announced through the blog... 1000 seats added to Fantasmic??? A FULL FLEDGED PRESS EVENT...

Now really, how can anyone honestly defend that???

Jared
09-06-2012, 02:00 PM
I can't see why they'd need to update or change it unless they were implementing a whole new show.
Just curious, when was the last time you saw the show in Florida?

It's falling apart. The effects don't work, the sets and props are in dire condition. I am not exaggerating when I say that the show will need to be closed for some sort of refurbishment before too long because it will become completely inoperable (even by Orlando management's liberal definition of the world "inoperable).

The show was run for weeks -- months? -- with the lift hill on the mountain not working. So there was no Sorcerer Mickey at the finale. It made about as much sense as you would guess.

Oh, and the dragon apparently caught fire not too long ago.

How many significant upgrades has Disneyland's Fantasmic! received since WDW's opened?

Not a nice realization.

Jared
09-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Not negative at all.. Here is why this is typical dumb TDO:

1) This does not add capacity...

2) The show is a shell of its former self... Many effects are broken... The show is stale... Compare it to DL... DL has had 4 or 5 major upgrades and improves... WDW: none....

3) Instead of taking the thousands of dollars this will cost to fix the show and spruce it up, they add seats.. THEN BRAG ABOUT IT...

4) Perspective: Avatar, one of the biggest partnerships in WDW history and it is announced through the blog... 1000 seats added to Fantasmic??? A FULL FLEDGED PRESS EVENT...

Now really, how can anyone honestly defend that???
We posted at the same time. But yeah, what he said.

CMCTxMom
09-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Okay, maybe I'm asking on the wrong thread here, because you guys are obviously pretty anti-WDW Fantasmic... but is it not worth seeing anymore? The last time I saw it was in DL in '09 - I have been to WDW since '05 and we were have reservations in January for the Fantasmic dinner package with our little ones. Not worth it? That was always my favorite show! :(

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Okay, maybe I'm asking on the wrong thread here, because you guys are obviously pretty anti-WDW Fantasmic... but is it not worth seeing anymore? The last time I saw it was in DL in '09 - I have been to WDW since '05 and we were have reservations in January for the Fantasmic dinner package with our little ones. Not worth it? That was always my favorite show! :(

Fantasmic was always my favorite night time show... I made sure to see it more than once on my trips... Heck, I'll sit at my computer surfing the web and doing work while listening to the music (still some of my favorite Disney parks music)... But as for the show now??? it is just a poor version of what it once was.. Dl's blows DHS' version out of the sky...

DL's version has gone through 4 changes/upgrades over the years... WDW's??? none... it has stayed the same throughout its 14/15 year run... They haven't even updated the 1990 technology (using film instead of digital projection like DL)... The lift that brings Mickey to the top of the mountain at the end of the show is constantly broken... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... it is hit or miss... For a good portion of October 2011 (the rest of that year actually) it didn't work at all... And even after the "refurb" in January of this year it wasn't fixed... The dragon in DHS' version caught fire not too long ago... The show has been cancelled several times in recent weeks due to the fireworks not working... And in fact, on another board, someone mentioned that the entire show failed just as it was getting started so they cancelled the entire performances that night... And yet, we get... BENCHES!!!!

I don't go out of my way to see it anymore... Same cannot be said for Reflections of Earth... I'll make sure to go see that night time show more than once now...

As for you seeing it, you have to make that decision yourself... I'll never tell someone not to go see something... What I will tell you is don't expect the top notch show it used to be... Expect issues...

Gator
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Just curious, when was the last time you saw the show in Florida?

Feburary 2011. Not that long ago. And as far as the hit and miss for Sorcerer Mickey to appear, I've never seen that malfunction. Not once. And I've seen this show 7 times at WDW. All the effects are always working, the projectors work, the fireworks go off as planned, the princesses and indians all boat by like they're supposed to. I'm not sure what you're all talking about as far this show needing help. It's funny that someone brought up RoE being so great (my favorite fireworks, btw), because I've actually seen that show have fireworks not work, including the initial burst that happens right after the whistle. I'm not hearing how RoE should be re-done.

As for those who want to go see Fantasmic! and have the dinner package - GO SEE IT! Don't listen to all this nitpicking. The show is still great. Really great. Not worth all this puff.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Feburary 2011. Not that long ago. And as far as the hit and miss for Sorcerer Mickey to appear, I've never seen that malfunction. Not once. And I've seen this show 7 times at WDW. All the effects are always working, the projectors work, the fireworks go off as planned, the princesses and indians all boat by like they're supposed to. I'm not sure what you're all talking about as far this show needing help. It's funny that someone brought up RoE being so great (my favorite fireworks, btw), because I've actually seen that show have fireworks not work, including the initial burst that happens right after the whistle. I'm not hearing how RoE should be re-done.

As for those who want to go see Fantasmic! and have the dinner package - GO SEE IT! Don't listen to all this nitpicking. The show is still great. Really great. Not worth all this puff.

February 2011 - September 2012, yes no time has passed since then.. Oy...

Read my post... Last time you saw it was February 2011... Sorcerer Mickey lift failed around October (possibly before) and STILL isn't working 100%.. The pyro is just the latest issue... The projectors are using film and they have failed more recently... DL uses digital projections.. Much more sharp and clear... The flames on the boats during the Pocahontas scene are also hit and miss... some nights they work, other nights they don't... When I saw it in October 2011, one boat was completely dark...

These are just some of the glaring issues facing the show... Again, there is no defense to this... Oh wait, yes there is, MORE BENCHES!!!!

Melanie
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
It's funny that someone brought up RoE being so great (my favorite fireworks, btw), because I've actually seen that show have fireworks not work, including the initial burst that happens right after the whistle. I'm not hearing how RoE should be re-done.

I have to agree to an extent. I often see reports of certain barges, etc. on RoE not working correctly or not even being present at all. I never will get the undying love for that show. It is way past time for a re-do. And I'm not saying that regarding things being broken either. It's just boring to me. I do love the music though.

As far as Fantasmic! goes, go see it. Call me simple, whatever, but I don't notice a lot of the faults mentioned here, and just go to enjoy the show and music. Could it use an upgrade? Absolutely! New show scenes would be great. Is the DL version superior? Yes, I believe it is. But for the record, it's always been superior.

CMCTxMom, your kiddos will love the show and really, as parents, isn't that what it's all about?

figgie
09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Problems or not (and I've been there for a lot of perfect shows and some problem shows) I still like this show and would advise you to go and enjoy it! My grandkids love it, it's loud and showy, the music is great and the visual effects are still fun and they hold my attention every time. I would hate for all the negativity to keep anybody from experiencing the joys of all that WDW is providing to keep us enthralled. Man, in my younger days, getting color TV was a memorable event, including watching the Wonderful World of Disney in color for the first time. I hope I never loose sight of what it takes to keep so many people entertained with so many magical experiences. Better technology will always be available (heck, the minute I get a new computer or phone, it is out of date), but the price and effort of incorporating it into function is phoenominal, I think we all forget that sometimes. I urge you to enjoy what is there now as you continually look forward to all the new things to come, and, in time they will come!:soapbox:

Jared
09-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Okay, maybe I'm asking on the wrong thread here, because you guys are obviously pretty anti-WDW Fantasmic... but is it not worth seeing anymore?
You should absolutely still see it! Just because it has faults doesn't mean it's not a fantastic show. There's a decent chance you go and leave thinking everything worked perfectly -- whether it did or not.

I know I come off as negative at times, but I am fully capable of appreciating (and loving) what Disney offers while still lamenting and wishing for more. Even with the mismanagement, Walt Disney World is a phenomenal, miraculous achievement. But I still believe that it can achieve near-perfection, like it once did.

I'm not sure what you're all talking about as far this show needing help.
Look, you can say that you haven't seen the problems with the show, or that you simply don't care about them. But factually, you cannot say they do not exist. They have been well documented with photographic and video evidence, along with reports from real-life cast in the entertainment department. The problems are there regardless of whether you acknowledge them.

I agree with you, though, when you say that everybody who wants to see the show should still see it. But I -- and others -- point out the problems because it's the only way to keep Disney accountable. With this management team in Orlando, we can't expect the company to police itself.

CMCTxMom, your kiddos will love the show and really, as parents, isn't that what it's all about?
Totally agree IllumiNations could use some love. The globe barge is a fundamental design flaw. When it floats out there, the show lags. To this day, I have no idea what those images are supposed to be. I still think it has held up better than the other two nighttime spectaculars, but that's strictly a matter of opinion.

But Melanie, I have to call you out on the sentence I quoted. Didn't Walt build Disneyland in the first place because it isn't all about the kiddos? Young children would love Fantasmic! even if half the effects are broken because the show is filled with wonder and because kids are generally not all that discerning. That has never been the standard at a Disney park.

Melanie
09-06-2012, 05:53 PM
But Melanie, I have to call you out on the sentence I quoted. Didn't Walt build Disneyland in the first place because it isn't all about the kiddos? Young children would love Fantasmic! even if half the effects are broken because the show is filled with wonder and because kids are generally not all that discerning. That has never been the standard at a Disney park.

Absolutely. I was just replying in general terms (not related to Disney specifically)....as a parent.

Jared
09-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Absolutely. I was just replying in general terms (not related to Disney specifically)....as a parent.
Totally fair. I definitely understand your point.

:)

Altair
09-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I believe the last 15 minutes of this show is about as Disney as it can get.:thumbsup:

One of the projectors was out once, but that's the only real problem I've seen.

Gator
09-07-2012, 12:15 PM
February 2011 - September 2012, yes no time has passed since then.. Oy...

When I saw it in October 2011, one boat was completely dark...

So it's been nearly a year for you, and you're telling me it all broken? And in the grand scheme of the several decades it's been going, has it been that long since either of us have seen it?

I get it, though. You are the whistleblower for Disney. If you don't, who will? Well, maybe I will if something is in really bad shape. I just haven't seen it at this attration. Still love, and I'll be there November 29th to see it in all its disrepair and boredom;)

DizneyFreak2002
09-07-2012, 01:39 PM
So it's been nearly a year for you, and you're telling me it all broken? And in the grand scheme of the several decades it's been going, has it been that long since either of us have seen it?

I get it, though. You are the whistleblower for Disney. If you don't, who will? Well, maybe I will if something is in really bad shape. I just haven't seen it at this attration. Still love, and I'll be there November 29th to see it in all its disrepair and boredom;)

Well I have seen recent videos and live feeds from people streaming the show live from the park... And these issues I have posted are front and center... So, I can say I have seen them with my own eyes, thank you very much...

Tekneek
09-09-2012, 09:51 AM

1,000 more seats is something you do without fanfare. You just start letting more people in each night. Maybe you put it on the times guide and the map at the park. You don't "announce" it to anybody. Let it announce itself.

It's roughly the equivalent, in my mind, of inviting the media out to announce that both trains are running on Big Thunder Mountain this afternoon.

Stu29573
09-09-2012, 10:25 AM
A couple of trips ago was my wifes first time to see it. I was all hyped up because I remembered it as being wonderful. It wasnt. The worst thing that really stood out to me was the dragon bairly had any fire. Instead of the huge fireball I remembered, it just kind of coughed a little flame and that was it. I have done better with a bbq grill and lighter fluid. The bottom line, though, is that my wife doesnt like the show.....because she never really saw the good one!

Jared
09-09-2012, 11:50 AM
It's roughly the equivalent, in my mind, of inviting the media out to announce that both trains are running on Big Thunder Mountain this afternoon.
Stop the presses! Both sides of Soarin' are operating today!

Butters
09-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm wondering if the addition of the new seats is to help increase capacity and move back to a twice a week schedule...

DizneyFreak2002
09-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm wondering if the addition of the new seats is to help increase capacity and move back to a twice a week schedule...

Nah, this isn't increasing capacity... They are placing benches so the people who usually stand in the back will now have seats...

But, I wouldn't doubt the thought process is to get to one show a night though... Two shows means spending money...

PopPhan
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Nah, this isn't increasing capacity... They are placing benches so the people who usually stand in the back will now have seats...

That is great news to me! last time I was there, we had to stand through the show and with scoliosis and sciatica (caused by the scoliosis) it got very painful, very quickly.

Gator
09-13-2012, 03:49 PM
That is great news to me! last time I was there, we had to stand through the show and with scoliosis and sciatica (caused by the scoliosis) it got very painful, very quickly.

Then definitely don't do Fantasmic at Disneyland, because everyone has to stand for the entire show. Nothing like being on your feet all day in the parks, and then have to stand for 30 minutes right at the end.

dizneydeb22
09-13-2012, 04:22 PM
I have to say that I love Fantasmic. I have seen it many, many times and haven't really noticed the flaws.

There was an incident this last time where 2 of the barges with the princesses and princes dancing collided. But being ever professional, they didn't miss a beat! Thank goodness no one was hurt!

Ian
09-14-2012, 06:57 PM
no reason to get too excited about this either way, because chances are that sooner or later we will get a thread something along the lines of "New Fantasmic Bench Expansion Project Now on Hold" after TDO discovers they can't work out the details with the project manager.

It is also somewhat likely that before its all over the 1,000 seats will turn into 137, because sooner or later the bean-counters will get involved and force them to pare things down in a cost cutting move.I can't believe this post didn't get more love! :rotfl:

Anyway I can't stand Fantasmic and wouldn't sit on one bench or all 1,000 new benches at the same time to see it if someone paid me to do it. It's ludicrous they invited press to announce this and the fact that they did shows, in my mind, that they're egomanaical and delusional to a degree I hadn't realized previously.

DizneyFreak2002
09-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I can't believe this post didn't get more love! :rotfl:

Anyway I can't stand Fantasmic and wouldn't sit on one bench or all 1,000 new benches at the same time to see it if someone paid me to do it. It's ludicrous they invited press to announce this and the fact that they did shows, in my mind, that they're egomanaical and delusional to a degree I hadn't realized previously.

Ian, that's ok... Next time they paint the bathroom walls they will hold another press event to announce the color they are painting them... That will be something to get excited over!!!

Ian
09-15-2012, 09:42 PM
"Ladies and gentlemen of the press, thank you for joining us this afternoon here at the Walt Disney World Resort. We have some exciting news to share today and I think you'll all be very glad you chose to attend.

It is with great pleasure and a tremendous sense of pride and accomplishment that I am here to announce ......... <fanfare> ....... Effective immediately, The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida will be switching from #2 Dixon Ticonderoga pencils to the heavier, more durable, and ecologically friendly #3 Eberhardt Faber.

Now I know you'll all have plenty of questions for us and will be anxious to share this tremendously thrilling news with your readers ................ "

Mousemates
09-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Glad to see a little frivolous humor here...that other thread in the rumor department has moved into the unhappy arena of dead horse beating.

TheVBs
09-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Apologies up front because I don't think the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet (I had a hard time spelling "caffeine"!! :blush:). I'm afraid I'm clueless on a few things...

Glow with the show? I'm guessing you can buy Mickey ears that light up at certain times of the show?

RoE? I cannot puzzle that one out. Help!

Obviously adding capacity can be a harbinger of what is rumored to come.

Again, clueless. :blush: What is rumored (had a hard time spelling "rumored" too and it was right in your quote!) to come?

We only got to see this for the first time on our last trip in fall 2011. It just never worked out on previous trips. Did we love it? Yes! Will we feel compelled to go see it again? Maybe, maybe not.

Jared
09-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Apologies up front because I don't think the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet (I had a hard time spelling "caffeine"!! :blush:). I'm afraid I'm clueless on a few things...

Glow with the show? I'm guessing you can buy Mickey ears that light up at certain times of the show?

RoE? I cannot puzzle that one out. Help!

Again, clueless. :blush: What is rumored (had a hard time spelling "rumored" too and it was right in your quote!) to come?

We only got to see this for the first time on our last trip in fall 2011. It just never worked out on previous trips. Did we love it? Yes! Will we feel compelled to go see it again? Maybe, maybe not.
RoE stands for Reflections of Earth, the title of the current IllumiNations show in Epcot.

As for the rumors, there has been a ton of speculation in recent weeks that Hollywood Studios is in store for a California Adventure-style makeover, potentially with a version of Cars Land.

DizneyFreak2002
09-16-2012, 11:22 AM

Yes... Glow with the Show is the crowd participation portion of World of Color in DCA and soon to be Fantasmic in Disneyland... When word of the Disney press event hit the fan forums, and people heard it would be an expansion of Fantasmic, the rumors were Fantasmic would be going down for a long refurb in which time the problems that are rampant with the show would be fixed, new show scenes would be introduced, and Glow with the Show technology would be brought over from the west coast to the east coast...

TheVBs
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Thank you both for the explanations! :mickey: Reflections of Earth - duh! I can't believe I didn't figure that one out. :blush: Maybe I should have a second cup of coffee before I peek in here in the mornings.

PirateLover
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
I stayed out of this one for a while because I don't claim to be an expert on all the issues, but I can say the first time I saw Fanstasmic! was in 2002 and I was totally amazed. The last time I saw it was in 2007 and I've taken I believe 4 trips since then. It just seems so lackluster and not inspiring as before. I saw Disneyland's this past summer and all I can say is WOW!!!!! It is leaps and bounds better. Also about Glow with the show, I didn't find them distracting during World of Color, but I think they will be during any event in which you are standing on flat, non graduated areas. (Parades, fireworks, Fantasmic at DL).

disneynarula
09-17-2012, 05:58 AM
I have to agree that outside of Illuminations, Disneyland has the far more superior evening shows. World of Color was just blew me away. I liked Fantasmic better there too.